Start by marking “Curly: An Illustrated Biography of the Superstooge” as Want to Read:
Curly: An Illustrated Biography of the Superstooge

Curly: An Illustrated Biography of the Superstooge

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Written by Moe Howard's daughter, this detailed biography is bursting with photographs Curly traces the life of one wacky Stooge from birth to his final status as a cult hero.
Published April 28th 1988 by Citadel Press (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Curly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curly

Sistermagpie
Continuing on my Stooge education, I've moved onto Curly, or "Babe" as he was actually called. Curly seems like the most troubled of the Stooges, a guy who never quite grew up and was almost impossible to know. It would have been interesting to read an autobiography written by him, as Moe's was, but the ability to sit down long enough to write a biography is obviously not something Curly had.

The end of the book enlists an analyst to try to explain the guy, and while you can't really take anythin
Bob
Of the three Stooges biographies I've read so far, this one went into the most depth. This is perhaps due to the fact that Curly was the most complex of the Stooges, personally and in his comedic character. Certainly, his neice Joan, Moe's daughter, who also put together the pieces of Moe's unfinished autobiography, spent more time analyzing Curly and the pivotal events in his life, such as being allowed to join Ted Healy's act as a stooge with Moe and Larry, but only when Shemp left the act and ...more
William
OK, I must admit that I have read Moe's autobiography and now Curly's biography. Yet to come Larry's? I will draw the line at Shemp. In any case, the author --Moe's daughter -- takes advantage of many family-member recollections to reconstruct the person who was really the most talented and most tormented of the Three Stooges. A mix of decent narrative based on her research and interviews with those who knew Curly at different points in his life. A guilty pleasure for an old Stooges fan.
Drew Zagorski
I'd grown up watching the 3 Stooges just about every day after school, and have always been a big fan. Still enjoy watching them on occasion. Of course, Curly has been my favorite (though in recent years I've really begun to appreciate Shemp as well). Have heard and read snippets about Curly throughout the years and have searched for a long time for a biography. This one is written by his niece. She provides dozens of great family photos, and that was fun to see Curly and the others outside of t ...more
Liliana
This story captures everything that was to the man called Curly. The research the author has done for us to get to know the man we laugh at is amazing, family members and friends of Curly really did paint the picture of what person Curly was and what he loved and did.

This book is full of three stooges history and is very interesting and good for any three stooges fan who wants a glimpse of the one of best stooges ever. At the end of the book it showed what the fans perspective of Curly was and i
Serge Pierro
An insightful book into the comic genius of my favorite member of The Three Stooges.... Curly! Having been written by Moe Howard's daughter, she is able to provide an intimate look at the background of Curly and The Three Stooges. Wonderful family photos are scattered throughout the book - many showing an "unknown" side to the public persona of Curly.
Kim Hines
Very interesting...will give you a different angle from which to view the Stooges....it made me want to look at their films all over again; especially when "Curly" health started to spiral out of control--and after his strokes.
Kman999
A somewhat scattergun approach to the book and some atrocious pretent psychology - but, if one ignores the latter especially, there is a certain charm to the overall book and family insights give it a different feel.
Joseph Bloyd
Soitently.

Some good history on Curly and the stooges. Truly the best stooge of them all. Nyuk nyuk woob woob woob.
Beverley Toro
Beverley Toro marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Maja
Maja marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Butch Mosier
Butch Mosier is currently reading it
Oct 04, 2014
Shay
Shay marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
John
John marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
The Three Stooges Book of Scripts Three Stooges: Book of Scripts The Three Stooges Scrapbook The 3 Stoogies Video Book Package

“One day as I sat musing, sad and lonely without a friend, a voice came to me from out of the gloom saying, ‘Cheer up. Things could be worse.’ So I cheered up and sure enough—things got worse.” 0 likes