Start by marking “Enticing the Earl (Wise Woman, #2)” as Want to Read:
Enticing the Earl (Wise Woman, #2)

Enticing the Earl (Wise Woman #2)

Only His Passion. . .

With his estate near bankruptcy, Simon Blakesworth, Earl of Hartsfield already has a perilous secret to keep. Still, when he finds Mia Featherstone badly beaten, he doesn't hesitate to shelter her in his home. . .and offer marriage to protect the lovely healer from her attacker. But Mia is concealing a danger this honorable earl never imagined--and can
Published October 1st 2013 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Enticing the Earl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enticing the Earl

Lisa
This was a solid addition to Christie Kelley's new trilogy of wise women. I loved how this story centered around the earl, Simon Blakesworth, being in love with his wise woman's daughter, Mia Featherstone, since he was a young man. When he finds her badly beaten one day he gives her shelter and convinces her to marry him in order to protect her. I liked watching his attempts to tell Mia his true feelings for her and how everyone else around him knew, except Mia. However, he is concerned about ...more
Julie
Dec 25, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it
Enticing the Earl by Christie Kelley is a 2013 Kensington Publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

In Staffordshire, England in 1814- Mia, the daughter of a "healer" who wished to follow in her mother's footsteps, is in deep trouble. She has begun an affair with a man that was only using her to get to a treasure he is sure she knows about.
When the Earl, Simon Blakesworth discovers Mia beaten within an inch of her life, he b
Farrah
Sep 01, 2013 Farrah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this romance! An out of the ordinary heroine, a super sweet hero, and danger from a greedy madman. Put those together, and we have this wonderful book. Enticing the Earl was a lovely historical romance.

Mia was not your usual historical romance heroine. For one thing, she's a healer. For another, she's taken lovers and doesn't try to hide it. She's somewhat cynical and proud. And, I really liked her. I thought she was great. She was a strong character. Not only for being so unapologetic abo
Julie
Feb 10, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Check out more of my reviews at Little Miss Bookmark

It's been a while since I have read a historical romance. Man, they are one of my favorite genres. Here's the deal, was it an earth shattering, life changing book? No. But it was really good. I will definitely pick up another book by Kelley.

I'm one of those people that LOVES a flawed character. The more messed up, the better. I think I just like to see how people can overcome their inner demons. I love an underdog. I think someone being at the
Amy Alvis
Originally reviewed for: Historical Romance Lover blog

Mia Featherstone has found some treasures on the Earl of Hartsfield's property and her lover has found out and wants a piece of it. Mia isn't about to give up the location of the pieces and soon finds herself beaten up and fearing for her life.

Since her lover doesn't seem to want to get anywhere near the Earl's property, Mia makes a run for it and is soon rescued by the Earl himself.

The Earl, Simon Blakesworth, takes Mia to his home to protec
Mainer207
May 26, 2015 Mainer207 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
3.5 - almost 4 stars. So much better than the first book.

I liked Mia and Hart from the previous book and I liked them in this. They are not typical Earl and beloved as are normally in this genre of books. The Earl would rather plan a garden than work out the Estate's finances. Mia is a victim of domestic abuse who is rescued by Hart and recovers in his home. They both have secrets - of course - but their story is entertaining and interesting.

I always like an Epilogue and this doesn't have one
Maggie Hesseling
Sep 18, 2013 Maggie Hesseling rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The a-typlical hero and the strong woman he loved who is not of socitey. I really liked ghis novel. Quirky characters and painful issues, this novel is an amalgamation of different pains. However, through everything love prevails! I find that the characters are really interesting, with Simon, unable to do basic math, and Mia, out to prove herself to the world for her talents. A great read, leaving you wanting more from the author.
Helen
Jul 25, 2014 Helen rated it it was amazing
This is a great story that had me turning the pages to find out what was happening when wise woman Mia gets caught up with a man that hurts her The Earl Simon who has loved Mia forever saves her and this starts a wonderful journey to a HEA. This one is sensual and very enjoyable both Mia and Simon have issues they need to overcome and I loved it.
Mike
Another wise woman Regency romance

A nice combination of Regency era aristocratic themes and just a touch of lightly witch-friendly wise woman traditions. I found it to be a pleasant read for those who like a strong, modern-ish heroine and a sturdy hero with just enough issues to be interesting (without being too flawed).
Maria
Jul 19, 2014 Maria rated it really liked it
Great Hot Story!

I read the previous book in this series. I enjoyed it, but this one was so much better. Simon and Mia were amazing characters. This story was hot from beginning to end. I was truly hoping for an epilogue and there was none. This is why this book did not get five stars from Me. I look forward to Tia's story, Vexing the Viscount.
Martha
Nov 24, 2013 Martha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
A riveting page-turner by a new author (to me). This story grabbed me from the first page. The mystery wasn't solved until nearly the last page and kept me guessing the whole way through the book. Very enjoyable romance, too!
Lesley
Nov 02, 2013 Lesley rated it liked it
I love Christie Kelley, but this book wasn't my favorite. It felt a bit scattered to me. The romance was okay, but not the best I've read by this author. That said, I am still looking forward to the next book.
Ms Em
Apr 13, 2015 Ms Em rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wee unrealistic elements in this book

Earl married a way beneath his station during this time period..hmmm..but since this CK's book so the story was well written plus I was hoping to see Selena and North more but one can only hope.
William Simmons
May 22, 2015 William Simmons rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Boring

Very boring, very slow. I was listening and some of it can be contributed to the reader but nonetheless boring
Isabelle
Mar 12, 2016 Isabelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not much regency in this book but I did enjoy the story. Will be reading the last one in the story.
me.lita
Dec 30, 2015 me.lita rated it it was ok
Demi menuntaskan tantangan membaca.. jadi deh baca buku yang bikin muka memerah dan malu bacanya di angkot *tutup muka pake masker*
Indigo
Indigo rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2016
Amber
Amber rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2015
Tina Kress
Tina Kress rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2015
Dani
Dani rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2013
Cherie
Cherie rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Deb
Deb rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Meg
Meg rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2015
Letisha
Letisha rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2014
Alis
Alis rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2015
Chris Hensley
Chris Hensley rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2015
Marlene A. Murphy
Marlene A. Murphy rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2015
Theresa  Richards
Theresa Richards rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2015
Thays M. Tejada
Thays M. Tejada rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 01, 2015 09:48AM
  • The Highlander's Desire (Highlander Brothers, #2)
  • What the Duke Desires (Billingham Bastards #1)
  • Wicked Earl Seeks Proper Heiress (The Husband Hunters Club, #5)
  • Obsession Wears Opals (Jaded Gentleman, #5)
  • The Dissolute Duke (Wellinghams, #4)
  • One Night with an Earl: A House of Trent Novella (House of Trent, #2.5)
  • By Love Unveiled (Restoration, #1)
  • Knight's Prize (The Warrior Maids of Rivenloch, #3)
  • The Greatest Lover Ever (The Westruthers, #2)
  • Taming a Wild Scot (Claimed by the Highlander, #1)
  • Princess in Disguise (The Duchess Diaries, #1.5)
  • Stroke of Midnight (Cinderella Sisterhood, #2)
  • The Lesson Plan (Lords of Lancashire #1)
  • Once She Was Tempted (Honeycote, #2)
  • The Prince's Bride (The Royal Trilogy, #3)
  • The Art of Taming a Rake (Legendary Lovers, #4)
  • The Redemption of Lord Rawlings (The House of Renwick, #3)
  • Secrets of a Scandalous Marriage (Secret Brides, #3)
Christie Kelley was born and raised in upstate New York. As a child, she always had a vivid imagination and the bad dreams that go along with it, or perhaps the dreams were caused by the five brothers and three sisters she lived with. After seventeen years working for financial institutions in software development, she took a leap of faith and started her first book. Seven years later, her first ...more
More about Christie Kelley...

Wise Woman (3 books)
  • Bewitching the Duke (Wise Woman, #1)
  • Vexing the Viscount (Wise Woman, #3)