Start by marking “Secrets & Saris: A Single Dad Romance” as Want to Read:
Secrets & Saris: A Single Dad Romance

Secrets & Saris: A Single Dad Romance

A secret that could cause scandal!
Jilted at the altar, Shefali Khanna should be humiliated. Instead she takes the opportunity to start again. Top of the priority list: do not tumble headfirst into another relationship!
But even moving from the city to the country can't keep Shefali out of trouble--especially when she catches the eye of local celeb Neil Mitra! There is no
Published October 15th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets & Saris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets & Saris

Janhvi
May 15, 2013 Janhvi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read many Harlequin Kiss books, just one in fact and I really enjoyed it so I thought I would give Secrets & Saris a try as well. This is not the first book of author Shoma Narayanan I'd read as well. I had enjoyed Monsoon Wedding Fever so I had some good expectations from Secrets and Saris. Unfortunately, I was disappointed.

In spite of the cute cover and fresh look the story line was just way too flaky for me to like it. Shefali Khanna has been jilted at the altar. After facing th
Melanie (Moviemavengal)
Not quite as good as the author's last book, but I still love the contemporary Indian setting. It's just so different than typical small town American romances.

I wanted to wring the hero's neck at more than one occasion in the book. I'm not sure he groveled enough in the end!
Mrs Giggles
Ah, India. I'm Malaysian. I grew up in a village where roughly half the folks were Indian, and some of my best friends throughout my childhood and teenage years were Indian. Our families knew each other, so, in many ways, I am familiar with their culture. Of course, the Indian culture in Malaysia is not completely similar to that in India, but there is enough here in this story that I recognize, the way you would read a story set in a local hometown and go, "Hey, I know about that! Cool!"

Perhaps
Madhuri
' Secrets and Saris' is a beautiful story.......Neil Mitra's instant attraction for Shefali Khanna right from the time he meets her on flight and the story of both their lives where she was jilted on her wedding day and her getting out from Delhi for a change and to avoid the gossip of people so she could sort out things with a better mind and he being a successful Tv hot shot anchor living with his daughter have been put so well in their place in the story.

Bela Mashi's character is soo cute...
Arti
Jul 08, 2013 Arti rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Secrets and Saris by Shoma Narayanan is the story of 27 year old Shefali Khanna from Delhi who is ditched by her fiancé Pranav Mehrotra on the day of the wedding. She leaves Delhi for Jabalpur where she would be replacing Mrs Dubey as the administrative incharge of a play school. On the flight to Jabalpur, she meets Neil Mitra, a TV anchor. As with every Mills and Boon, they keep running into each other in Jabalpur.

Neil is a divorced, single father, who lives with his four year old daughter, Nin
June
Aug 03, 2013 June rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was pretty good. After being jilted at the alter by her 'arranged marriage' fiancé, Shefali leaves town. On her way out, she meets Neil, who happens to be the father of one of her students at the new school she is going to. They enjoy each others company and soon find themselves knee deep in rumors and mischief. Soon the only way to curb the rumors us to become engaged.

There was a lot of back and forth on decision making, which might have been a little much. One moment they can accept
Ipshita Ranjana
In Secrets & Saris by Shoma Narayanan, jilted bride, Shefali moves to the country from the city to start her life afresh after facing so much humiliation. Her new life starts with a bang when she the local celeb Neil Mitra enters her lifeRead More
Notenough1
Jun 09, 2013 Notenough1 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I love contemporary Indian novels as a glimpse into a culture I am fascinated with. However, this seemed convoluted both in terms of the storyline and the characters. It seemed to have no build up and no culmination. The happy ending didn't have the effect it sought. Poor effort!
Bungluna
The exotic (to me) setting doesn't quite make up for a choppy arc. I felt like I was reading a Regency novel disguised as contemporary "women' lit." The romance felt more like a by product rather than the driving force of the story.
Reet Singh
Jan 13, 2014 Reet Singh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shoma's heroes have a sense of humor and her heroines are sarcastically funny too. I loved that about Secrets and saris. There was a lot of back-pedaling towards the end, but on the whole it was an a-class read. Exactly what I've come to expect from Shoma Narayanan!
GC
Jul 05, 2013 GC rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It dragged on so much! Took me weeks to get through and its a short story!! …I didnt even know if I wanted to finish it...ended up skimming the ending...... did not enjoy.
Melissa
Apr 22, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Quick, funky read, enjoyed it very much then again I enjoy an easy fun romantic book every so often.
Deamer
Oct 04, 2013 Deamer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe a little bit unconventional for Orthodox Indian brides, but it is sweet in its own way, another lovely Salt & Sweet Romance :)
Deepti
Deepti rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Zina
Zina rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2013
Ipshita Ranjana
Ipshita Ranjana rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2013
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was ok
Mar 17, 2017
Dorothy
Dorothy rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2015
08164589848 rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2015
Pooja
Pooja rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2014
Sumit Mandal
Sumit Mandal rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2014
Sanj33v
Sanj33v rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2016
Payal
Payal rated it it was ok
Jan 13, 2017
Pamela Aoude
Pamela Aoude rated it it was ok
May 26, 2015
Ashley Hadley
Ashley Hadley rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2015
Diana
Diana rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2013
Mohan V
Mohan V rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Pia
Pia rated it liked it
May 13, 2015
Dil
Dil rated it really liked it
May 09, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • It was Only a Kiss
  • The Guy to Be Seen With
  • Why Resist a Rebel?
  • Hitched!
  • The Taming of a Wild Child (LaBlanc Sisters #2)
  • What the Paparazzi Didn't See
  • The First Crush is the Deepest (Girls Just Want to Have Fun #1)
  • Driving Her Crazy
  • First Time for Everything
  • The Right Mr. Wrong (Modern Tempted)
  • Her Man in Manhattan (Brannigan, #3)
  • Faking It to Making It
  • Must Like Kids
  • My Boyfriend and Other Enemies
  • All Bets Are On
  • Once is Never Enough
  • Too Close for Comfort (Brothers & Sisters, #5)
  • One More Sleepless Night
Shoma started reading romances at the age of eleven, borrowing them from neighbours so that her parents didn’t find out. At that time the thought of writing one herself never entered her head. But a couple of years ago Shoma took up writing and was amazed at how much she enjoyed it. Now she works grimly at her banking job through the week, and tries to balance writing with household chores during ...more
More about Shoma Narayanan...