Secrets & Saris

Secrets & Saris

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  13 reviews

A secret that could cause scandal!
Jilted at the altar, Shefali Khanna should be humiliated. Instead she takes the opportunity to start again. Top of the priority list: do not tumble headfirst into another relationship!
But even moving from the city to the country can't keep Shefali out of trouble--especially when she catches the eye of local celeb Neil Mitra! There is no...more
Published October 15th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets & Saris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets & Saris

Janhvi
I haven't read many Harlequin Kiss books, just one in fact and I really enjoyed it so I thought I would give Secrets & Saris a try as well. This is not the first book of author Shoma Narayanan I'd read as well. I had enjoyed Monsoon Wedding Fever so I had some good expectations from Secrets and Saris. Unfortunately, I was disappointed.

In spite of the cute cover and fresh look the story line was just way too flaky for me to like it. Shefali Khanna has been jilted at the altar. After facing th...more
Mrs Giggles
Ah, India. I'm Malaysian. I grew up in a village where roughly half the folks were Indian, and some of my best friends throughout my childhood and teenage years were Indian. Our families knew each other, so, in many ways, I am familiar with their culture. Of course, the Indian culture in Malaysia is not completely similar to that in India, but there is enough here in this story that I recognize, the way you would read a story set in a local hometown and go, "Hey, I know about that! Cool!"

Perhaps...more
Melanie (Moviemavengal)
Not quite as good as the author's last book, but I still love the contemporary Indian setting. It's just so different than typical small town American romances.

I wanted to wring the hero's neck at more than one occasion in the book. I'm not sure he groveled enough in the end!
Madhuri
' Secrets and Saris' is a beautiful story.......Neil Mitra's instant attraction for Shefali Khanna right from the time he meets her on flight and the story of both their lives where she was jilted on her wedding day and her getting out from Delhi for a change and to avoid the gossip of people so she could sort out things with a better mind and he being a successful Tv hot shot anchor living with his daughter have been put so well in their place in the story.

Bela Mashi's character is soo cute......more
Arti
Secrets and Saris by Shoma Narayanan is the story of 27 year old Shefali Khanna from Delhi who is ditched by her fiancé Pranav Mehrotra on the day of the wedding. She leaves Delhi for Jabalpur where she would be replacing Mrs Dubey as the administrative incharge of a play school. On the flight to Jabalpur, she meets Neil Mitra, a TV anchor. As with every Mills and Boon, they keep running into each other in Jabalpur.

Neil is a divorced, single father, who lives with his four year old daughter, Nin...more
June
This book was pretty good. After being jilted at the alter by her 'arranged marriage' fiancé, Shefali leaves town. On her way out, she meets Neil, who happens to be the father of one of her students at the new school she is going to. They enjoy each others company and soon find themselves knee deep in rumors and mischief. Soon the only way to curb the rumors us to become engaged.

There was a lot of back and forth on decision making, which might have been a little much. One moment they can accept...more
Bungluna
The exotic (to me) setting doesn't quite make up for a choppy arc. I felt like I was reading a Regency novel disguised as contemporary "women' lit." The romance felt more like a by product rather than the driving force of the story.
Melissa
Quick, funky read, enjoyed it very much then again I enjoy an easy fun romantic book every so often.
Reet Singh
Shoma's heroes have a sense of humor and her heroines are sarcastically funny too. I loved that about Secrets and saris. There was a lot of back-pedaling towards the end, but on the whole it was an a-class read. Exactly what I've come to expect from Shoma Narayanan!
Ipshita Ranjana
In Secrets & Saris by Shoma Narayanan, jilted bride, Shefali moves to the country from the city to start her life afresh after facing so much humiliation. Her new life starts with a bang when she the local celeb Neil Mitra enters her lifeRead More
Notenough1
I love contemporary Indian novels as a glimpse into a culture I am fascinated with. However, this seemed convoluted both in terms of the storyline and the characters. It seemed to have no build up and no culmination. The happy ending didn't have the effect it sought. Poor effort!
Gao
It dragged on so much! Took me weeks to get through and its a short story!! …I didnt even know if I wanted to finish it...ended up skimming the ending...... did not enjoy.
Deamer
Maybe a little bit unconventional for Orthodox Indian brides, but it is sweet in its own way, another lovely Salt & Sweet Romance :)
Shilpashree M
Shilpashree M marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Rahul
Rahul marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Sunil Mandal
Sunil Mandal marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Shoma started reading romances at the age of eleven, borrowing them from neighbours so that her parents didn’t find out. At that time the thought of writing one herself never entered her head. But a couple of years ago Shoma took up writing and was amazed at how much she enjoyed it. Now she works grimly at her banking job through the week, and tries to balance writing with household chores during...more
More about Shoma Narayanan...
Monsoon Wedding Fever The One She Was Warned About Take One Arranged Marriage... Twelve Hours of Temptation The Turning Point