The Wild Adventure of Jasper Renn

The Wild Adventure of Jasper Renn (Steampunk Chronicles #3.5)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  297 ratings  ·  25 reviews
In this companion novella to The Girl with the Iron Touch, American cowboy Jasper Renn finds himself in a situation his lightning-fast skills cannot rescue him from...

After surviving a triumph-turned-tragedy in New York City, Jasper is determined to secure a happier future with his gifted band of friends. So when the group's mechanical genius Emily is abducted, he'll plung...more
ebook
Published November 1st 2013 by Harlequin Teen (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Wild Adventure of Jasper Renn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wild Adventure of Jasper Renn

Fizzgig
Renn is one of my least favorite characters. I just don't get into cowboys, probably because I grew up and was harassed my entire childhood by real ones. Nothing in my brain has romanticized them in any way and frankly, don't like them.

That being said, Renn is another back story that had me curious. The novella like the others shed some light on his life before the series. It goes into the relationship between him and Cat in NYC. It also explains why he was missing at the show down in the third...more
Kristen
Originally published at http://seriestracker.wordpress.com/ya...

Talk about a misleading title. Even the title to this post needs help. This wasn't so much a wild adventure as it was the chase by Wildcat of her sister, Sparrow. Sparrow's Flight might have been a better title. Or Wildcat's Chase. Or almost anything that involved the ladies and not Jasper.jasper renn And it certainly wasn't a wild adventure. If helping Cat visit 2 places to find her sister is a wild adventure, then I lead a much m...more
Mary H
Well, this did answer for Jasper's absence in Iron Touch, but I'm not very happy about it. It seemed like there was NO POINT to this novella aside from getting Jasper and Cat together, and that's just not cool. I enjoy romance, but there needs to be a purpose. Finley and Jack's novellas each had a solid plot that added to the overall series arc. However, Jasper and Cat's story was too thin, plot-wise. The title says WILD ADVENTURE so I'm expecting something really cool. I did not expect him to p...more
Jessica
The Wild Adventure of Jasper Renn is a short novella that takes place during Kady Cross' The Girl with the Iron Touch! I love this series and Jasper has definitely been one of my fave characters since he first stepped onto the page. His heartache over Mia and all that happened between them broke my heart as well, it seemed Jasper might never find what Griffin has with Finley.

Then there's Cat, half black, half white and has the abilities of her namesake. She's an oddity, much like her sister Spar...more
Sparrowapril
There wasn't much to it. Not much adventure, not much heart & 0 suspense about how it would end up. It didn't advance the chronicles or give me much interest in what would come next.

Many reviewers have mentioned "wild adventures" in the title. I think wild is a reference to Wildcat, but as there was no adventure, I agree, what the title promises the story fails to deliver.
Audrey
Just finished book #3, and this short story fills in what Jasper and Cat were doing while the rest of the gang were off finding Emily. More romance than anything else -- so it was okay, but that's about it. The circus was the best part

What I'm really wanting is some kind of genesis story for this series. Where did these people come from, with their "mutations," for lack of a better term? I'd really like to have that question answered.
Beth Johnson
Another quick read for an interstitial story. I'm sort of sad that there is only one more book left at the moment. These characters are so interesting, fun, and different. Plus the steampunk setting is nicely fleshed out and really cool, to be honest.
Kasie
The Wild Adventure of Jasper Renn was an adorable addition to the Steampunk Chronicles. Jasper Renn is such a lovable character it's hard not to enjoy anything involving him.

Then he realized what a pathetic request that was, and he wished for a sandwich, because he was hungry and tired of feeling sorry for himself.

The story actually takes place during The Girl with the Iron Touch which was incredibly interesting for me. Normally novellas/short stories are before and after, but Kady Cross places...more
Karly *The Vampire Ninja*

I love this world.... oh I know, Kady Cross isn't the best writer going and her stories can be pretty predictable but oh how I love these characters.

I love Jasper Renn.... I love Wildcat. With the fangs and the cat-eyes and the retractable claws.... LOVE!

Cross does the opposite of the generalization of times, all her female characters are straight-up kick ass!! And I love it!

This is just a shorty, however, if you love this world you should enjoy it ;)
Sophie
Such a great short story! Jasper is one of my favorite characters of the Steampunk series and I love that Jasper got his own romance. I look forward to reading more of the series!!
Heidi Olivia
A novella featuring Jasper Renn and tying up his romantic interests conclusively. Happened some time in the midst of the action already detailed in Book 3.
An okay read.
Cassie C
This was a great addition to the Steampunk Chronicles. I always have loved Jasper since he was first introduced, and was interested to see where he was for the majority of the lasr book. While this didn't add much to the series in way of information, it still gave us a great insight into what is going on in Jasper's head, especially having to cope with Mei's betrayal. I'm so happy that Jas has found love again in Cat, and she too is an interesting character for sure! I can't wait for the next in...more
Luci
It was cute but there wasn't much to it. Read it if you want to complete the series.
Joyce
It was an okay story. It should have been free. Not worth money.
Alica Johnson
I love Jasper and Cat and this book doesn't disappoint
Stacey
Glad they finally got together!
I'm being generous giving this 2.5 stars, it was actually pretty boring really. In fact I'd say it's the worst of the series.
Can I have a scream? Yes!

Wow! I am so looking forward to the next book.

I knew there was more going on between the two, but this was so spicy!

I am so glad that Jasper got want he really wanted.

The allusions to the next book makes me wonder what's next.

Note: This is steampunk with paranormal with romanace mixed.
Tammy
For anyone wondering what Jasper Renn was up to during The Girl with the Iron Touch, this novella will answer your questions. We all wondered who Wildcat was when she showed up, and now we know. A nice look into more of Jasper's background and an introduction to a character who I hope shows up in future books.
Summer
Oct 15, 2013 Summer marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love kady cross's books she is amazing her characters are sooo awesome
Louisa
Wonderful short story, I wonder if the bad guy is going to pop up later in the series, and yeah, they were an awesome couple! Loved it, can't wait for The Girl With the Wind Up Heart!
stella yip
I knew it !! Jasper and Wildcat has something going on for a while ~ =D
Colette
A great addition to the series! Want more more of Cat and Jasper!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Steampunk Chronicles (eBook only)
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Hoenn
Hoenn marked it as to-read
Keely
Keely marked it as to-read
Sunshine
Sunshine marked it as to-read
Colin Evans
Colin Evans marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
  • Touch of Steel (Clockwork Agents, #2)
  • Magnificent Devices (Magnificent Devices #3)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #0.5)
  • The Damnation Affair (Bannon & Clare, #1.5)
  • A Study in Ashes (The Baskerville Affair, #3)
  • The Night After I Lost You (The Lynburn Legacy, #1.5)
  • Sky Pirates (The Chronicles of Light and Shadow, #3)
  • Annie and Fia (Mind Games, #0.5)
  • Shadow (Paper Gods, #0.5)
  • Outcast (Defiance 0.5)
  • Phoenix Overture (Newsoul, #2.5)
  • Corsets & Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances
  • Corroded (The St. Croix Chronicles, #3)
  • Her Ladyship's Curse (Disenchanted & Co., Book 1, Part #1)
  • The King's Guard (Fire and Thorns, #0.7)
  • The Mysterious Madam Morpho (Blud, #1.5)
Kady Cross is a pseudonym for USA Today bestselling author Kathryn Smith. She lives in Connecticut with her husband and a pride of cats. She likes singing with Rock Band on the 360, British guys, Vietnamese food, and makeup (she’s hopelessly addicted to YouTube makeup tutorials!). When she’s not writing Kady likes to catch up on her favorite TV shows, read a good book or make her own cosmetics.
More about Kady Cross...
The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles, #1) The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (Steampunk Chronicles, #2) The Strange Case of Finley Jayne (Steampunk Chronicles, #0.5) The Girl with the Iron Touch (The Steampunk Chronicles, #3) The Girl with the Windup Heart (Steampunk Chronicles, #4)