Start by marking “Burning Bright” as Want to Read:
Burning Bright

Burning Bright

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  7 reviews
From USA TODAY bestselling authors comes a special 3-in-1 in which one magic candle beings hope and love to three women. Three short stories in which the wintry magic of Crescent Cove, Vermont, reaches out to touch three very different women during the holiday season.
Published November 1st 2004 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Burning Bright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burning Bright

Linda
I was impressed with BURNING BRIGHT, a holiday anthology. I have been going through my stash of Christmas-related books recently. Many of the anthologies I have read are just ordinary and I have had a hard time finishing many books. I am lucky to find one out of the 3-5 romances that I could recommend to a friend. BURNING BRIGHT was the exception and two of the three stories were really good. The title refers to a candle shop in Crescent Cove, VT.

STAR LIGHT, STAR BRIGHT by Anne Stuart was my fav
Lord Rose
I really liked the concept of this anthology, three holiday stories from different faiths. As a non-religious person who grew up Buddhist, I definitely get tired of the endless stream of only Christian characters.

The first story was a cute Christmas story. (And by Anne Stuart, which automatically puts it that much higher in my estimation.) And despite what I just said about being tired of only Christian characters, this was still my favorite novella in the bunch. 4/5

The second story was rather f
Liz B
Three novellas, all set in the same Vermont town during the winter holidays.

I loved that they weren't all about Christmas. I'm sure I knew that when I pre-ordered, but I'd forgotten by the time I got it. The first novella, by Anne Stuart, centered around Christmas; the second focused on the Wiccan holiday of Solstice; and the third was about Hanukkah.

This was a perfect Christmas Eve/ Christmas Day read for me...positive, fun, light, mostly sweet, short, not requiring too much attention. I enjoye
Shelley
I really appreciated Harlequin putting together an anthology of stories about non-Christians celebrating their winter holidays - Hanukkah and Winter Solstice. I just wish they had been better.
Kelli
Not really my cup of tea.
Lisa
Jul 28, 2011 Lisa added it
This is very good- three stories, three religoius views, three "different" store owners helping three different women make their holday dreams come true.
Dawn
I thought each of the stories were really cute. A very nice read for this time of the year.
tammy
tammy marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Sher
Sher marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Adelina Hayes
Adelina Hayes marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Miza Peters
Miza Peters marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Charlotte Salis
Charlotte Salis marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Amanda Dudley-Penn
Amanda Dudley-Penn marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
E.v. Sage
E.v. Sage marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Anne Stuart is a grandmaster of the genre, winner of Romance Writers of America's prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award, survivor of more than thirty-five years in the romance business, and still just keeps getting better.

Her first novel was Barrett's Hill, a gothic romance published by Ballantine in 1974 when Anne had just turned 25. Since then she's written more gothics, regencies, romantic sus
More about Anne Stuart...
Black Ice (Ice, #1) Ruthless (The House of Rohan, #1) Cold As Ice (Ice, #2) Reckless (The House of Rohan, #2) Ice Blue (Ice, #3)