Start by marking “Burning Bright” as Want to Read:
Burning Bright

Burning Bright

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  84 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
From USA TODAY bestselling authors comes a special 3-in-1 in which one magic candle beings hope and love to three women. Three short stories in which the wintry magic of Crescent Cove, Vermont, reaches out to touch three very different women during the holiday season.
Published November 1st 2004 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Burning Bright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burning Bright

Lighting the Flames by Sarah WendellLit Up by Devyn MorganFestival of Nights by Cara NorthEight Naughty Nights by Eliza MadisonBurning Bright by Megan Hart
Chanukah Romance
13th out of 26 books — 3 voters
Once Burned by Jeaniene FrostFrost Burned by Patricia BriggsMagic Burns by Ilona AndrewsFeel the Burn by G.A. AikenBurn for Me by Ilona Andrews
Romance Novels with Burn in the Title
46th out of 70 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Luli
Dec 12, 2015 Luli rated it it was amazing
Esta antología nos muestra cómo se celebra la Navidad desde el punto de vista de tres fe diferentes.

Star Light, Star Brigh por Anne Stuart. 5 Stars.
Esta historia va derecha a mi lista de favoritas. Es preciosa.
Historia de segundas oportunidades creíble, tierna, sin melodrama… tan sólo dos personas que se reencuentran pasados los años y sienten que estos no han mermado sus sentimientos.
Sólo por esta historia vale la pena leer la antología.

One for each night por Judith Arnold. 4 stars.
Esta histori
Linda
I was impressed with BURNING BRIGHT, a holiday anthology. I have been going through my stash of Christmas-related books recently. Many of the anthologies I have read are just ordinary and I have had a hard time finishing many books. I am lucky to find one out of the 3-5 romances that I could recommend to a friend. BURNING BRIGHT was the exception and two of the three stories were really good. The title refers to a candle shop in Crescent Cove, VT.

STAR LIGHT, STAR BRIGHT by Anne Stuart was my fav
Lord Rose
I really liked the concept of this anthology, three holiday stories from different faiths. As a non-religious person who grew up Buddhist, I definitely get tired of the endless stream of only Christian characters.

The first story was a cute Christmas story. (And by Anne Stuart, which automatically puts it that much higher in my estimation.) And despite what I just said about being tired of only Christian characters, this was still my favorite novella in the bunch. 4/5

The second story was rather f
Liz B
Three novellas, all set in the same Vermont town during the winter holidays.

I loved that they weren't all about Christmas. I'm sure I knew that when I pre-ordered, but I'd forgotten by the time I got it. The first novella, by Anne Stuart, centered around Christmas; the second focused on the Wiccan holiday of Solstice; and the third was about Hanukkah.

This was a perfect Christmas Eve/ Christmas Day read for me...positive, fun, light, mostly sweet, short, not requiring too much attention. I enjoye
Shelley
Nov 10, 2013 Shelley rated it liked it
I really appreciated Harlequin putting together an anthology of stories about non-Christians celebrating their winter holidays - Hanukkah and Winter Solstice. I just wish they had been better.
Kelli
Dec 31, 2013 Kelli rated it it was ok
Not really my cup of tea.
Lisa
Jul 28, 2011 Lisa added it
This is very good- three stories, three religoius views, three "different" store owners helping three different women make their holday dreams come true.
Dawn
Dec 07, 2012 Dawn rated it really liked it
I thought each of the stories were really cute. A very nice read for this time of the year.
Tami
Tami marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
CA
CA marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Mary Nipper
Mary Nipper marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Evelyn Chubeck
Evelyn Chubeck rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2016
Chuck
Chuck marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Linda Carrigan
Linda Carrigan rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2016
Penny
Penny marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Marie Easthope
Marie Easthope marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
elle martinez
elle martinez marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Aaron  Polish
Aaron Polish marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Mary Rita Nommensen
Mary Rita Nommensen marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Beth Miros
Beth Miros marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Joan Machado
Joan Machado rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2016
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Janelle
Janelle marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Vicki Krivak
Vicki Krivak marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Eileen
Eileen rated it it was ok
Feb 12, 2016
  • Moonglow
  • Bewitched
  • Christmas Getaway
  • Holiday Hideout
  • All I Want For Christmas...: Christmas Kisses / Baring It All / A Hot December Night
  • A Regency Christmas Feast
  • The Valentine Wedding Dress
  • My Scottish Summer
  • Newly Fallen
  • The Brides of Christmas (Includes Warrior, #11; de Burgh, #3.5)
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • The Mammoth Book of Irish Romance
  • Death, Taxes, and Mistletoe Mayhem (Tara Holloway, #6.5)
  • Two Turtle Island Doves (Turtle Island, #2.5)
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)
  • Daniel and the Angel (Christmas in the City, #1)
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou ...more
More about Maggie Shayne...