Start by marking “Lips That Touch Mine (Grayson Brothers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lips That Touch Mine (Grayson Brothers, #3)

Lips That Touch Mine (Grayson Brothers #3)

A charming rogue…an abused woman. She greeted him with her gun—he disarmed her with his love.

Saloon owner Boyd Grayson is intrigued by his new neighbor, Claire Ashier, and considers her temperance crusade to shut down his noisy tavern nothing more than a game. While matching wits with the beautiful, aloof widow, he uncovers her torturous secrets that shock him to the core.
ebook, 2, 369 pages
Published January 1st 2012 by Rustic Studio Publishing (first published April 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Lips That Touch Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lips That Touch Mine

Jonetta
The setup
Claire Ashier runs a respectable boarding house located near Boyd Grayson's saloon. She's a widow trying to support herself but can't keep boarders because of the noise from her business neighbor disturbing her customers late into the night. She wants to shut down the saloon. Boyd is sympathetic and taken by the lovely Mrs. Ashier but has no plans to close down his thriving business.

The issues
There's so much more going on here than a noisy saloon. Claire's deceased husband was an alcoh
Jean
Nov 13, 2016 Jean rated it really liked it

Love in Unexpected Places..

Boyd Grayson is intrigued by his new neighbor, Claire Ashier.

Claire Ashier has had enough of the Pemberton Saloon across the street from her home.

She informs saloon owner Boyd Grayson that he needs to close it down.

Boyd isn't interested in doing her bidding, and tells her that he can't afford to lose business on a Saturday night.

Soon, the Sheriff is involved, and asks the two of them to work out their differences peacefully.

This is the beginning of a budding relation
R.C. Matthews
Jan 08, 2015 R.C. Matthews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
Aaahhh...this book has it all...laughter,tears, love, hate, happiness and anger. It is by far my favorite so far in the Grayson Brother series. Boyd is so sweet and funny and charming and Claire can be equally funny and playful when she isn't being Cold Claire.

Claire narrowly escaped an alcoholic and abusive husband and is finally free to live a safe life running a boarding house. But Boyd's saloon is ruining her chance of happiness by disrupting the peace of her patrons and chasing business aw
Dawn Pearson
Feb 04, 2016 Dawn Pearson rated it it was amazing
Book 3 continues the story of the Grayson brothers and focuses on Boyd.

Like the previous stories featuring Radford and Kyle, which focused on complicated topics such as PTSD, Blackmail, and morality, this story focuses on the temperance movement and domestic abuse.

The story picks up around 2 1/2 years after book 2. Boyd is now a successful saloon owner. However, the noise coming from his place is disturbing the neighbors - especially one neighbor in particular who has captured his attention.

Cl
Pam
Apr 10, 2014 Pam rated it it was amazing
Lips that Touch Mine is book 3 in the Grayson brothers stories by Wendy Lindstrom. She just keeps getting better as the stories continue.

This is Boyd's story. Boyd does not want to work fulltime at the lumber business with his brothers. He doesn't mind working part time but not full time. He wanted to spend all his time sculpting things out of wood or making furniture but this is no longer the case. He keeps his hand in helping the local business in teaching young men to carve and make furnitur
Pat aka Tygyr
This is Boyd's story. He is the 3rd son of the Grayson's. Boyd's dad taught him to carve wood. Since his dad's death he has had trouble carving anything. Working the family saw mill is not making him happy. One of the last projects Boyd and his dad completed was a huge cabinet with mirrors and intricate carving taking up the space behind a bar in one of the town's saloons. Boyd buys and works at the bar. He feels closer to his dad there.
Claire inherits her grandmother's house which is across
Adriana
Apr 03, 2015 Adriana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Claire Ashier has her secrets. She needs to keep them to survive. New to Fredonia, she wants nothing more than to start a new life. An independent life. Except as a result of the nightly noise from the saloon across the street, she hasn't managed to keep any guests in her boarding house for more than a night or two. Down to her last few dollars, she's had enough. When Boyd Grayson's new neighbor confronted him in front of his patrons and his brother Duke, he couldn't help the train of thoughts ...more
Carol Malone
Jan 27, 2013 Carol Malone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As the youngest Grayson brother, Boyd Grayson had it all. A thriving saloon business and a woman anytime he wanted one. Just one little problem. The new resident of his old friend’s home has a real problem with men who drink and the people who sell the drink. Clair Ashier organizes the woman of the community to boycott the saloons, the owners and the demon drink. Boyd is fascinated with the stunning little woman. She’s nothing like any of the women he’s ever known and it’s driving him crazy. ...more
RedRedtheycallmeRed
Feb 16, 2014 RedRedtheycallmeRed rated it liked it
I read this series a bit out of order. I read the first book (Radford) and then the fourth book (Duke). From reading Duke's story, I thought this one sounded intriguing. I sort of already knew how it would turn out, but I wanted to take the journey.

My main problem was Claire and her temperance group. A significant amount of time was spent on her and her church group trying to shut down the saloons and keep liquor out of the town. It just seemed so tedious, and Claire was so narrow-minded on the
Nubia Sanchez
I love this book! I have read the first one of this series and it has captured my attention to read this series since then. I Iike Claire is a young woman of 20 years who has suffered a lot in the past from her ungrateful husband, but she willingly to help put a stop to those men who have mistreated their wife and children even if it means to close all the saloons in town. Yet Boyd Grayson, the youngest of the Grayson brothers, shows Claire to live life to the fullest even though he hold his own ...more
Peg
Mar 20, 2013 Peg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in the Grayson brothers series. The characters are well developed and the story line is captivating. Although I love to read historical fiction, I'm always saddened at how poorly women were treated thoughout history and how little value they carried in society. This story is about a woman who was a victim of abuse but then fought her way to independence. She struggles however to hold her feelings for a man at bay, declaring never to fall into the clutches of a man's ...more
Beth
Jul 20, 2016 Beth rated it liked it
I enjoyed this one less than the previous two books. I still enjoyed the character development and examining issues of the day (in this case, temperance, women's rights, and domestic abuse). However, again, I felt that there were some anachronistic story elements. Also, I think there was a slight lowering of editorial standards. I noticed errors such as "I wish you would have" (it's incorrect to use the conditional perfect in unreal conditions, and it should be "I wish you had"). I also am not ...more
Amy
Jan 31, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it
Really good story. I liked how the part of the plot focused on the Temperance Movement in the U.S., which later led to the Prohibition Period, and how the author also made the discussion of domestic violence a core issue of the story. Experience with domestic violence is what led the main character to make some of the decisions about her life that she did.
The one problem I had with this book was that I was ready to be done with the story about chapters before it ended, and the ending was a lit
Alanna
Dec 27, 2013 Alanna rated it it was amazing
I found these books and absolutely fell in love with all the characters and their families. So much, that I paid more than I normally would to read the rest of the books in this Grayson Brothers series. Every one has been compelling, amazing, and utterly romantic! These books are the kind you do not want to end...or at least for the series to end. Each book tied in with the characters in the former books that I had already grown to love. My heart cheered, I cried, and just LOVED these! There is ...more
Cayla
Mar 25, 2016 Cayla added it
First of all, I've read Wendy Lindstorm's work before, she's very very talented in her writing. She does a great job creating underlying topics while not distracting too much from the overall plot of the book. She covers the problems of brawling in saloons after too much drink, abuse in marriages, gambling, etc. There were normal issues of the times and very unpleasant.

My biggest gripe is the sex. Wendy has proven herself (and to readers everywhere) that she's capable of writing a good book wit
Nellie
Apr 05, 2012 Nellie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book, though it was a bit steamy. Some mild language. Not appropraite for my teen daughter. I loved the characters. Claire inherits her grandmothers home/Inn. SHe can't keep customers because the saloon next door is so loud no one can sleep in ther home. Her past abuse and fear are driving her to fight get all the alcohol serving establishments shut down. Will her battle get her killed?
Holly Bargo
Jan 26, 2016 Holly Bargo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Smoothly written, a little preachy

This is a good story, smoothly written, cleanly edited. The pacing is even, if a touch slow. This isn't a book to race through, but a book to savor. The integration of women's temperance activities makes for an interesting and unique feature. My one gripe is that it gets a bit preachy. Women in that time were legally chattel, which makes the circumstances and Claire's reluctance to remarry believable and understandable.
Tammy Hooper
Aug 06, 2016 Tammy Hooper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A real page turner

I don't often write reviews, but this book truly deserves a five star review. It is very nicely done, with details that make you believe you are living in the early days of our country. This story has depth and heart, making it a favorite. Yes, the story is somewhat predictable in that it ends as we would expect, but there are wonderful unexpected elements that will leave you breathless. You will not regret reading this one!
Tara Taillon
Mar 05, 2016 Tara Taillon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was really awkward reading this book in public because the cover and the title make it sound like an erotica. Well it wasn't, instead it was an amazing historical romance with captivating characters and amazing action and danger. One thing that'll make a romance better will always be danger. And damn did this one have what I was looking for! Such a great read! Maybe start work on a different cover though.
Kathleen
Jun 27, 2012 Kathleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Diametrically opposed stances on very real issues set the hero and heroine at odds from the beginning of this engaging story. The characters are lively and "real" enough to step right off the pages. Of the three books I've read in his series (the Grayson Brothers quadrology), this is the most well-developed by far.
Cheryl Duncan
Jan 21, 2015 Cheryl Duncan rated it really liked it
Lips that Touch Mine is the third in the Grayson Brothers series. The Longing, the second book, is the story of Kyle and Amelia and this book is about another Grayson Brother, Boyd. Claire, the owner of a boarding house wants Boyd, her neighbor, to close his saloon. I liked this book because it is as much Claire's story as it is Boyd's.
Pat Christie
Feb 04, 2016 Pat Christie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ebook

Story about an abused woman, a widow with fears, trust issues, money problems and a belief that saloons and liquor are why her husband hurt her so. A handsome, single neighbor man wants to help her but both have a lot to learn about themselves and each other.
Elizabeth
Feb 09, 2016 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Healing forgiveness and love

This is the second novel I have read from this author and I loved both of them. The characters come alive and fear, hurt and wariness turn to trust and love through a gradual healing process. Definitely worth reading
Michelle
Aug 17, 2016 Michelle rated it did not like it
Boyd and Claire. I couldn't even get through this book. Again, too many characters. Claire moves in across the street from a saloon and then demands that the saloon close down?! She was just too pious and irritating for me.
shirley dougherty
Powerful

I choose this rating for Claire. A very strong women. I was in a marriage of abuse so I could feel her pain. She was so brave and strong with all the pain she herself had and still help other battered women. So loved the ending for her
Carol
Feb 16, 2016 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 3 of The Grayson Brothers Series by Wendy Lindstrom. Excellent character development. Wonderful writing of the 4 brother characters. Not your usual story line. A bit slow in parts of the first half, but worth hanging in.
Kristiej
Sep 29, 2014 Kristiej rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read and loved the print copy of this book. So when I saw the eversion at such a delicious price I couldn't resist. And sine it's been a while since I've read a book in this genre......
Kathy
Jan 23, 2013 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I only picked it up because of the location as I went to college in Fredonia and was curious to see the references to the town. Now Iwill havetoread more as I loved the story!
Aug 25, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Maybe it's just me but I didn't care for it. Characters are alright, story idea pretty good, but execution wasn't great.
Kbee
AUDIOBOOK: Listen to Feb. 5 & 6 2016
12hrs 47min
Narrator: Jukia Motyka Does a great job.
dragged a bit at times. And there were terms used that were not of that time.
  • To Tame a Renegade (Delaney Trilogy,#2)
  • Fireblossom
  • Midnight Lover
  • Providence
  • Notorious Angel (Love and Adventure Collection, #4)
  • Orchids in Moonlight
  • To Love a Scoundrel (Law and Disorder, #4)
  • The Bride Ransom (Civil War Brides, #4)
  • The Bad Luck Wedding Dress (Bad Luck Brides, #1)
  • Dance With A Gunfighter
  • 11th Hour Rose (Langston Brothers #3)
  • The Reckoning: Saga of a Civil War Blockade Runner
  • A Knight's Reward (Knight's, #2)
  • Gabriel's Angel
  • Knight's Caress
  • Scoundrel for Hire (Velvet Lies, #1)
  • The Last Honest Seamstress
  • A Christmas Baby (Rogues Club, #4)
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author Wendy Lindstrom is known for the riveting emotional power of her work. Romantic Times has dubbed her “one of romance’s finest writers,” and readers rave about her enthralling characters and “masterfully crafted” stories. She is the creator of the “original Grayson Brothers” series that begins with RITA award-winner Shades of Honor. This critically ...more
More about Wendy Lindstrom...

Grayson Brothers (7 books)
  • Shades of Honor (Grayson Brothers, #1)
  • The Longing (Grayson Brothers, #2)
  • Kissing in the Dark (Grayson Brothers, #4)
  • Sleigh of Hope (Grayson Brothers #5)
  • Leave it for the Rain (Grayson Brothers, #6)
  • When I Fall in Love: A Heartwarming Small Town Historical Romance (Grayson Brothers Book 7)