Start by marking “American Heart Association The No-Fad Diet: A Personal Plan for Healthy Weight Loss” as Want to Read:

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  52 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
By now, you’ve heard of (and maybe tried) them all: the low-carb diet, the grapefruit diet, the miracle diet . . . the list goes on and on. Fad diets may promise a quick fix, but few deliver lasting results. If you’re like millions of other Americans, you’re still struggling to lose weight and get in shape—without harming your long-term health in the process.

It’s time to
Hardcover, Large print, 784 pages
Published June 7th 2005 by Random House Large Print

To ask other readers questions about American Heart Association The No-Fad Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about American Heart Association The No-Fad Diet

Joy Weese Moll
Feb 11, 2012 Joy Weese Moll rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people motivated to lose weight due to one or more risk factors for heart disease
Shelves: health
There’s nothing ground-breaking in the dietary approaches in this book, but then I don’t expect that from the American Heart Association. Expect, in No-Fad Diet, a good run-down of currently accepted practices. What this book is missing in personality, it gains in clarity of presentation. If you’re feeling motivated and inspired to lose weight while improving heart health, this is a quickly read and easily understood approach with just enough flexibility to feel in control of your own journey. I ...more
Slone
Sep 27, 2015 Slone rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of good-sounding recipes, but a reiteration of most common sense rules for losing weight.
Rachel
Feb 10, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good guide to starting a healthy lifestyle. However, I found that many of the diet plans relied on dairy products rather than whole foods. Further, many of the recipes relied on prepared products and food substitutes rather than cooking from scratch. So if you want your daily dose of gmo's this book can lead the way.
Melanie Johnston
Sep 11, 2009 Melanie Johnston rated it really liked it
This has something for everyone in it... different types of diets to follow, and a large collection of recipes that look great! I can't wait to try some of them. I definitely wouldn't feel deprived eating these foods.
Kristine
Nov 02, 2008 Kristine rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: health seekers
Shelves: library, health, wish-list
I would like to own this book. A super helpful health book. I did have to read the large print version because our library didn't have the regular!
Oct 23, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it
Very straight-forward approach to nutrition. No fads or gimmicks. And simple menus & recipes.
Maureen Walker
I am carrying this huge book around with me, so I can eat the right stuff!
Teresa
Sep 07, 2011 Teresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Has some good ideas. some of the recipes look really good too.
Melissa McBride
Melissa McBride rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2016
Jamie Hood
Jamie Hood marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Cricket54
Cricket54 rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Kaly
Kaly rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Nina Lindsay
Nina Lindsay marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Tom
Tom rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2016
SAMUEL V LATTURE
SAMUEL V LATTURE rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2016
Heather Barry
Heather Barry rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Susan
Susan added it
Jan 28, 2016
Brylle
Brylle marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Joan Mason
Joan Mason rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2015
Martha King
Martha King marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2015
Hannah Hyman
Hannah Hyman marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Brenda Jeffries
Brenda Jeffries rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2015
S. Peter
S. Peter rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2015
Mary Byam-Smith and Greg Smith
Mary Byam-Smith and Greg Smith rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Robert Parker Jr
Robert Parker Jr rated it it was ok
Aug 03, 2015
Vanessa Hurst
Vanessa Hurst rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2015