Start by marking “American Heart Association The No-Fad Diet: A Personal Plan for Healthy Weight Loss” as Want to Read:

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  8 reviews
By now, you’ve heard of (and maybe tried) them all: the low-carb diet, the grapefruit diet, the miracle diet . . . the list goes on and on. Fad diets may promise a quick fix, but few deliver lasting results. If you’re like millions of other Americans, you’re still struggling to lose weight and get in shape—without harming your long-term health in the process.

It’s time to
Hardcover, Large print, 784 pages
Published June 7th 2005 by Random House Large Print

To ask other readers questions about American Heart Association The No-Fad Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about American Heart Association The No-Fad Diet

Joy Weese Moll
Feb 11, 2012 Joy Weese Moll rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people motivated to lose weight due to one or more risk factors for heart disease
Shelves: health
There’s nothing ground-breaking in the dietary approaches in this book, but then I don’t expect that from the American Heart Association. Expect, in No-Fad Diet, a good run-down of currently accepted practices. What this book is missing in personality, it gains in clarity of presentation. If you’re feeling motivated and inspired to lose weight while improving heart health, this is a quickly read and easily understood approach with just enough flexibility to feel in control of your own journey. I ...more
Lots of good-sounding recipes, but a reiteration of most common sense rules for losing weight.
A very good guide to starting a healthy lifestyle. However, I found that many of the diet plans relied on dairy products rather than whole foods. Further, many of the recipes relied on prepared products and food substitutes rather than cooking from scratch. So if you want your daily dose of gmo's this book can lead the way.
Melanie Johnston
This has something for everyone in it... different types of diets to follow, and a large collection of recipes that look great! I can't wait to try some of them. I definitely wouldn't feel deprived eating these foods.
Nov 02, 2008 Kristine rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: health seekers
Shelves: library, health, wish-list
I would like to own this book. A super helpful health book. I did have to read the large print version because our library didn't have the regular!
Very straight-forward approach to nutrition. No fads or gimmicks. And simple menus & recipes.
Maureen Walker-Saltarelli
I am carrying this huge book around with me, so I can eat the right stuff!
Has some good ideas. some of the recipes look really good too.
Hannah Hyman
Hannah Hyman marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Isaac marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Miss Mouse
Miss Mouse marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Lorisia marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014