Start by marking “Bah Humbug, Mrs. Scrooge” as Want to Read:
Bah Humbug, Mrs. Scrooge

Bah Humbug, Mrs. Scrooge

Eleanor Scrooge finally has it all.

Why, then, is she so dissatisfied with her life? In fleeing her abusive childhood, she also left behind the only man she'd ever loved—Bobby Rachette. Years later, working side by side in her successful business, Eleanor's no-nonsense approach alienates everyone…including Bob.

Widower Bob Rachette feels responsible for Eleanor—especially si
Paperback
Published October 2013 by Harlequin (first published October 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Bah Humbug, Mrs. Scrooge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bah Humbug, Mrs. Scrooge

Trea
Dec 26, 2016 Trea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenges-2016
This is an inspirational, gender bended version of A Christmas Carol set in contemporary times. I thought it was a good twist, as well as some of the twists concerning the Rachette children. The characters were pretty true to the original, for the most part, when it came to mannerisms. The book was also very engaging and uplifting, especially for the holiday season. All in all, I'm glad I picked it up and read it this Christmas!
Lillie
Dec 23, 2016 Lillie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A modern and romantic take on A Christmas Carol
Mom
Dec 21, 2016 Mom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Liked the way the book led you about Mrs Scrooge.
She wanted to make money by selling more in her department store.
Glad she and Bob were friends since Childhood. Her knew her well.
Good twist from The Christmas Carol.
Barbara
Dec 21, 2016 Barbara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another take on the famous Christmas story of a person being visited by three ghosts. That may turn some people off, but I found this version very delightful. The basic idea is the same, but the twists that the author provided were very thought provoking. The only drawback I found was the author's choice of names for the main characters~~Mrs. Scrooge and Bob Rachette. I found this to be an attempt by the author to tie her story into the original. I think the reader can draw the correlati ...more
Debbie Clark
Dec 18, 2016 Debbie Clark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bah Humbug, Mrs. Scrooge is a great book to read!

I read this book years ago and have it in a box somewhere. It was great to read it again! It you ever liked A Christmas Carol, you will love this modern version!
Germaine Chevarie
Apr 06, 2012 Germaine Chevarie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was just a nice story showing the reader that material possesions are not what makes a person happy. Romantic love and family love is much more important as Eleonor showed after she realized what she had given up for fame and fortune.
Beth
Dec 31, 2016 Beth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So-so take on A Christmas Carol. I thought some of the parallels drawn were silly. And given "Mrs. Scrooge"'s personality and her treatment of him, I thought it impossible that Bob would have still carried a torch for her.
Paul J
Dec 25, 2016 Paul J rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was OK. And I am being nice about it because it is Christmas Day.
Sheryl Branscombe
A christian based love story with all the characteristics of A Christmas Carol. Very cliche and predictable. It was a quick easy read.
Marjorie Hill
Dec 31, 2016 Marjorie Hill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A modern take

Joyce Livingston did a great job in her upbeat story. Definitely time well spent as we see a modern take on A Christmas Carol.
CM
Dec 17, 2016 CM rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting and enjoyable update on Dickens' Christmas carol!
Edward
Jan 24, 2017 Edward rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God's love shines through.

An excellent example of prayers and patience. Love is given when pride has fallen. Praise to the writer for sharing this story with us.
Marilyn
Dec 20, 2016 Marilyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

this book beings about the things that makes this woman return to the Lord and how to show love and change
Pat Christie
Dec 15, 2016 Pat Christie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ebook

The Scrooge is a woman and she gets the visit from faith, hope and charity. She changes and marries her true love
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2016
Rosemary Evon
Rosemary Evon rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2017
Barbara Olaewe
Barbara Olaewe rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2017
Sandra Horton
Sandra Horton rated it really liked it
Shari
Shari rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Elaine Robinson
Elaine Robinson rated it it was amazing
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2016
Linda McVey
Linda McVey rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2017
kim
kim rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2017
Joanne
Joanne rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2016
Jane
Jane rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2010
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2016
Deanne
Deanne rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2009
Terri
Terri rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2008
Ashley Lovett anderson
Ashley Lovett anderson rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2014
Tameka Spence
Tameka Spence rated it really liked it
« previous 1 3 next »