Start by marking “Your Annotated, Illustrated College Survival Guide” as Want to Read:
Your Annotated, Illustrated College Survival Guide

Your Annotated, Illustrated College Survival Guide

Paperback, 1 page
Published January 28th 2005 by Cornerstone Press Chicago (first published January 2005)

Be the first to ask a question about Your Annotated, Illustrated College Survival Guide

Patrick
May 20, 2010 Patrick rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm fond of this book for obvious reasons.

It collects the first four years of a humorous advice columns I wrote starting in 1998. It's got footnotes, annotations, and illustrations brought together especially for the book. And I tell some of the behind-the-scenes stories about what happened because of some of the different columns I wrote.

It's some of my earlier writing, so parts of it lack a certain polish. But as a whole it's pretty funny. Also, some of the layout of the book isn't as pretty
Elle
Nov 27, 2012 Elle marked it as to-read
I'm dying to read this ... but I can't seem to get my hands on a copy!!!

Any help would be appreciated :) Trustworthy book-borrower, happy to work out a situation in which you feel comfortable lending.
Corinne
Nov 14, 2014 Corinne marked it as notes
"This is a collection of humor columns I wrote for the college paper back when I was a student. This edition is annotated, and illustrated by my longtime friend Brett Hiorns, who now works with us at Worldbuilders.

This book was put together by a small press in 2005. Back before anyone cared who Patrick Rothfuss was. There were only 500 printed, so they’re fairly hard to find these days ." http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com/2014/...
logankstewart
There are some truly hilarious articles in here, things that'll make you laugh and laugh and laugh and then leave you scratching your head and wondering what exactly just happened. Then there are some articles that are mere fluff. And Rothfuss, upstanding man that he is, recognizes this in the annotations.

I think part of the problem I had is that I read this book in large sized bites. This isn't that kind of book. It's more of an appetizer thingey, best enjoyed on occasion.

In short, if you're a
Rob Hermanowski
Nov 07, 2011 Rob Hermanowski rated it really liked it
Shelves: comedy
This is a collection of earlier works that Patrick Rothfuss did, including a very funny advice collumn that he wrote for college kids, as well as other short writings. It's nicely illustrated (not by Pat) too! More of a browser-type book than a straight read through, for me anyway. Fans of his excellent fantasy series "The Kingkiller Chronicle" will find much to like.
Adam Sprague
Feb 23, 2009 Adam Sprague rated it really liked it
Considering I helped publish and market this book I'm a bit partial, but this is really great set of funny submissions to a college newspaper from a now, UW professor....pretty funny and good for reading during slow times at work.
T Worwood
If you like Rothfuss' blog then you'll enjoy this book. I snagged it on interlibrary loan at my local university.
Dan Ferguson
Aug 19, 2010 Dan Ferguson rated it liked it
Pretty humorous, not totally awesome though.
Derek Hannah
Derek Hannah marked it as to-read
Kati Carling
Kati Carling marked it as to-read
Joanna Taneva
Joanna Taneva marked it as to-read
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Pietra ❃
Pietra ❃ marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Feldin
Feldin marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Becca
Becca marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Juganaru Teodor
Juganaru Teodor marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Fourpaces
Fourpaces marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Kent
Kent marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Ramona
Ramona marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
June Seong
June Seong marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Carrie Niemi
Carrie Niemi marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
lakesha gee
lakesha gee marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Nizam uddin
Nizam uddin rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
  • The Year's Best Science Fiction & Fantasy, 2009
  • Broker, Trader, Lawyer, Spy: The Secret World of Corporate Espionage
  • The Normans: From Raiders to Kings
  • Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy
  • Co-Opetition
  • Clash of the Geeks
  • Dorrie and the Haunted House (Dorrie the Little Witch, #7)
  • Fire And Blood
  • The Complete Peanuts, Vol 21: 1991-1992
  • The Winter of Enchantment
  • Getting It Wrong: Ten of the Greatest Misreported Stories in American Journalism
  • The Erciyes Fragments
  • hector
  • Younguncle Comes to Town
  • The Lion Rampant (Kingdom Series, #3)
  • Earth Witches Aren't Easy (Chance Monroe Book 1)
  • American Exorcism: Expelling Demons in the Land of Plenty
  • Port of Errors (Born of Tyranny #1)
It all began when Pat Rothfuss was born to a marvelous set of parents. Throughout his formative years they encouraged him to do his best, gave him good advice, and were no doubt appropriately dismayed when he failed to live up to his full potential.

In high-school Pat was something of a class clown. His hobbies included reading a novel or two a day and giving relationship advice to all his friends
More about Patrick Rothfuss...