Blank-133x176
The Lynx Who Claimed t...

Scarlet Hyacinth

The Lynx Who Claimed the Sun (Mate or Meal #4)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  345 ratings  ·  17 reviews
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, shape-shifters] Heartthrob or hot wings? For lynx-shifter Garth Mckenna, hummingbird Nicolas is both. Without a doubt, Nicolas couldn't be hotter if he tried. He is Garth's sun, his love, and his unexpected mate. Between such different men, finding a middle ground is never easy. When Garth's two sons rejec...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Siren Publishing (first published December 26th 2011)

~~Dani ♥ semi-colons~~
The relationship development was nonexistent, and Garth's kids were old enough to know better. The mystery of Nico's past made little sense. (view spoiler) All the characters acted and talked the same. Maybe I should have started with book 1. This one was a dud.
Serena Yates
This fourth story wasn't just fun, there was amnesia to overcome, a mystery to solve, and some surprising bad guys to deal with. The pairing between Nico, a hummingbird shifter, and Garth, a lynx shifter with two kits, was just as unlikely as any of the previous ones - and just as satisfying once the two mates put aside their differences. Or rather, in this case, once Nico overcame his past and his reluctance.

It was also great to see some of the characters from the first three books reappear, an...more
Dee
I liked this story except for the (view spoiler) story. Also I'm starting to skip over the sex scenes, too many, too frequent, but probably more because I'm reading the series all in one go and I'm starting to feel full up with the premise and the sex. However I'm compulsive so I'll still go on reading.....all the way to Book 14. Thank goodness they're short but that'll teach me to start this style of series without a fallback book to read a little...more
Tina
Lynx shifter Garth Mckenna finds Hummingbird shifter Nicholas to be the sunshine of this dark world. When they meet, the attraction is electric. There is only one hitch in Garth’s happiness—his sons reject Nicholas, pulling Garth in two directions. Does he choose his mate or his sons? When Nicholas is threatened, Garth will do all in his power to save the one he loves.

The Lynx Who Claimed the Sun by Scarlet Hyacinth is the fourth book in the Mate or Meal series. This is the first book I have rea...more
Candice
Garth's kids? Yeah, no! They are old enough to know better.

I also felt like we missed some of the building relationship :( In the previous books, I really liked Nico, but in this one? Not so much. I don't know why though.

Pamela Su
I quite enjoy this series. By this point, you will already know what to expect from Scarlet Hyacinth.

That being said, this is not my favorite from the series. I prefer some of the later books to this one.
Shaz
For a short story, these books are fully packed.

Yes, they are insta-love, but with "mate" in the title, that is to be expected. And in shifter stories I find I don't have an issue with it. Because in this series, it's actually not necessarily "insta-love" as so much "instantly knowing we are mates and meant to be together". The "I love you" bit is not mentioned immediately (unlike the sex lol) and there are always some issues to be sorted before everlasting love gets declared. And that is one th...more
adrienne
typical Scarlet Hyacinth serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical Scarlet Hyacinth? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all serials by UNLESS motivated otherwise by markedly good/bad writing:
Scarlet Hyacinth
joyee flynn
sunny day
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

i'd apologize, but i'm not s...more
Kinny
This series just keeps getting better! There is action, adventure, romance, mystery and cute albeit bratty kids. I admit there was a slight dip from book one to book two with Shiloh acting like a bipolar nutcase but the third book had a lot less angst and more action so it was almost perfect. This one cinched the deal. Best one of the series yet. Can't wait for the next two!
Ale Rivero
Fue un cambio interesante encontrarse con un felino en vez de un lobo en esta cuarta parte. Y el colibrí, he adorado a Nico, y a la pareja por supuesto, aunque pasan por un dramón de los grandes. A su vez es lindo encontrarse con unas cuantas pistas para el próximo. Recomendadísimo
Joie
Well good or bad I am a big fan of this series. To be honest this wasn't my fav so far but it was still pretty good. For me it was too rushed but it seemed more an issue with the word count. There were to many untied ends left in my opinion.
Rachel
I enjoyed this...loved seeing some previous characters back and I really enjoyed this couple. I think the books are getting better and better and more consistent. Really enjoyed this one!
Kristy Maitz
There is nothing special about the book. My reading was very fast. I don't understand why Scarlet Hyacinth is writing that series of books is she is not doing it the right way.
AkFa
I know I'm not objective, but I just love this book
Tina
This series is just getting better and better
Clover
I really enjoy this serie so far.
Ba
Ba added it
Jul 21, 2014
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
  • Fire And Ash (Midnight Matings, #3)
  • A Cold Winter's Day (Brac Pack, #25)
  • Sparkle And Purr (Midnight Matings, #10)
  • Spells And Bananas (Midnight Matings, #9)
  • Passionate Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies, #6)
  • Kelan's Pursuit (Shifters' Haven, #3)
  • Accepting His Animal (Wolves of Stone Ridge, #3)
Scarlet Hyacinth was born in 1986, in a Romania still struggling under the weight of the communist regime. As a young girl, she started studying the English language and fell in love with books.
After a childhood spent devouring hundreds of pages of fantasy literature, Scarlet found her calling. While at uni, she discovered with the help of a dear friend that she had a knack for writing. The rest,...more
More about Scarlet Hyacinth...
The Lamb Who Cried Wolf (Mate or Meal, #1) The Shark Who Rode a Seahorse (Mate or Meal, #5) Enraptured (Kaldor Saga, #1) The Wolf Who Hatched an Egg (Mate or Meal, #2) The Seahorse Who Loved the Wrong Lynx (Mate or Meal, #8)