Start by marking “The Heart Code” as Want to Read:
The Heart Code

The Heart Code

"Follow Your Heart" the universe whispers ... but who ever shows you how? Meet Gamma Howe: a wise, Bohemian born grandmother whose last wish is to help her only granddaughter follow her own truth, rather than succumb to her mother's grandiose plans for her future. Gamma Howe: now sixty years old, a widow living in Connecticut with her son and daughter-in-law, feels ...more
Published September 18th 2013 by Conversation Farm

To ask other readers questions about The Heart Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heart Code

Roxane
May 29, 2014 Roxane rated it it was amazing
This book is definitely worth the time to read and reflect. The universal message of being true to ones self if followed by more people would certainly change the world. This is a quick paced read that is hard to put down. The story is suitable for young and old, man, women and child alike. Wish it would be required reading for middle school life experience class along with the flour sack babies life lessons. Anxiously awaiting the next chapters.
Roya
May 09, 2014 Roya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book was like getting a big hug. The characters are rich (especially Gamma), and the plot and historical context are engaging and well-researched, respectively. I believe i would have enjoyed this book at any age, and would have found something different in it (yet relevant) as both a young adult, about to strike out on my own, as well as a (ahem) mature woman, reflecting back on life, but also forward too, The book (mostly through Gamma) validated my life choices. I tend to follow ...more
Jay Cannata
Mar 05, 2014 Jay Cannata rated it it was amazing
First time reading a novel by the talented, Laura Matson Hahn, and it will not be the last. Laura has a natural ability for story telling from beginning to end. Flowing like a river, just enough rough water to excite and then bringing you to a pleasurable destination. Her true ability is not the story which keeps you turning pages, but rather her skill of creating characters so real, that you can almost smell and feel them! Bravo, Laura! I am an instant fan of your story telling!
Jay
Paula
Jun 21, 2014 Paula rated it it was amazing
This is a lovely story. I tend to rate books as either great or rubbish. This one is great. If you like a warm story with history, great characters and thought provoking, you will definitely enjoy this book. I couldn't put this book down. I love the characters and I can't wait to see what becomes of them in the future. Write on Ms Maston Hahn!!
Julie
Apr 27, 2014 Julie rated it it was amazing
I read this book in one day. It was fantastic. I loved the story and the message to follow your heart. The characters are real and well written. I can not wait for the next book.
Laura Hahn
Apr 29, 2014 Laura Hahn rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
What did I think? Well, as the author, that's a loaded question. But I can honestly say I love this book, because of the characters, some of whom came out of thin air and I can't can't wait to get back to them for the next book in the series.

This book has a storyline that moves and characters to love: like Gamma - who represents that certain someone(s)in your life who sees you as your really are and helps you be true to yourself.

This book has history - with the lore of the first Bohemians (cir
Joyce
Sep 07, 2014 Joyce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful tale of a young girl finding her true heart and self in life, with the help of the wisdom of her Bohemian grandma Gamma. Characters were all well developed and you got to know them well through the story. I took my time reading this one and didn't want to race through it. Some books are just like that, wher you kind of want to savor the whole story and time period you are in. Will be looking for more from Laura Matson Hahn in the future.
Kathy
Apr 29, 2015 Kathy rated it liked it
Although many of the U.S. historical details were interesting, I can't say much more positive about this book. Plot and characters were thin. I kept hoping for more connection with Bohemia (which is why I chose this book to read, initially) and more delopment of new science... neither of which ever came!
Alexa
Feb 26, 2015 Alexa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read!!

It takes no time at all to be totally submerged in this book. Once you start reading, The Heart Code is nearly impossible to put down. From the beautifully descriptive writing to the carefully crafted characters, this novel is truly a literary masterpiece. Great read for all ages to learn the importance of following your heart and finding your heart's code.
Jane
Jun 16, 2014 Jane rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was recommended by the author who recognized my Bohemian roots. The parts about Bohemia were quite interesting to me. An enjoyable book, however, I think she may have hit a bit too hard on the "self-help" aspect of the story.
Rdslaman
Apr 06, 2015 Rdslaman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't judge a book by it's sleeve! A warm story with diverse characters. I'm a historical fiction nerd and enjoyed the settings and Gamma's story telling. My father is a lot like the female lead's. I really enjoyed it!
Stacy
Sep 14, 2014 Stacy rated it really liked it
A book with a message that stays with you long after the last words are read. Although not an exciting book, I enjoyed the characters and would recommend to other readers.
Patricia D. Joy
Oct 24, 2015 Patricia D. Joy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

This book was written really well. The story was captivating and I did not want to put it down!! Can't wait to read the next chapter of Celeste's life.
Dana M Morger
Dana M Morger rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2015
Kerins
Kerins rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2015
omhala Snelson
omhala Snelson rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2015
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it liked it
May 03, 2014
kathy emfield
kathy emfield rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2015
Laurie A Lutro
Laurie A Lutro rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2014
Lara
Lara rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2015
Cissy
Cissy rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2014
Catherine
Catherine rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2015
Tessa
Tessa rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Sean Neilland
Sean Neilland rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2015
Jennifer rated it really liked it
May 16, 2014
Velvetink
Jun 02, 2015 Velvetink marked it as to-read
kindle
Joanne
Joanne rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2015
Fortune Vilcko
Fortune Vilcko rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2014
unknown
unknown rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2015
What is a Heart Code Moment For you? 1 3 Jun 03, 2014 03:45AM
As a young girl, my favorite questions were What Dat? and Why?. Born in Chicago, my youth was spent in suburban northern New Jersey, where I creatively crafted my way though boredom and wondered how I was ever going to find my way in this life. I very much wanted a mentor to guide me but, alas, that was not to be. So I persevered on my own, cobbling together a philosophy of living that kept me ...more
More about Laura Matson Hahn...

“should do this, you should do that. The list is endless: education, socializing, hobbies. Growing up we bounce from should to should, building up a good stock of interests. But then we get married and, at least for women, all those interests are supposed to collapse to nothing when you become a mother? Yours certainly won’t, so why should I have to make that choice?” 0 likes