Start by marking “How to Quinoa: Life Lessons from My Imaginary Well-Dressed Daughter” as Want to Read:
How to Quinoa: Life Lessons from My Imaginary Well-Dressed Daughter

How to Quinoa: Life Lessons from My Imaginary Well-Dressed Daughter

MEET QUINOA!
She’s the fearless and fashion-forward toddler taking over the world one elaborate play date at a time. From designer duds to posh friends to even the most avant-garde snack foods, Quinoa is setting trends and taking names. (In fact, see her list of approved baby names inside.) She’s got more cool factor than the Kardashian, Jolie-Pitt, and Paltrow offspring co
Published June 24th 2014 by Running Press

To ask other readers questions about How to Quinoa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Quinoa

Erica
For me, this should not have been a sit-down-and-read-in-one-go type of deal.
Quinoa will blast me for saying that.
I will respond by wearing toe socks and Walmart pajama pants with sincerity.

The pictures are as delightful here as they are on Pinterest (http://www.pinterest.com/tiffanywbwg/... and several others), the most-best part, as always, being the names of Quinoa's friends.
 photo Quinoa_zpscf370334.jpg
While little Vidalia gnawed on the side view mirror, Quinoa explained to her cousin Anhedonia that when somebody lea
Emma Sea
Feb 26, 2014 Emma Sea marked it as honestly-ill-never-get-around-to-it
This has been one of my favorite Pintrest boards evah! Had no idea it was gonna be a book, but must own! Squee!
Jim
Jul 11, 2014 Jim rated it it was ok
This is the first book based on a Pinterest Board. Before I read this book I didn't know what a Pinterest Board was. So, know that.

Before I read this book I didn't realize that there was an elision between hipster and fashion diva. I didn't know that irony/vintage mixed with high fashion. I am not necessarily better for this new understanding

the names (Bondoni, Panko, Hashtag, Iffy, Farro, Barcelona, Caret, Pantone, Downton, Branding, Washi, Meta, Grosgrain, Caslon Peplon, Xanderson) were very
Elyse
Dec 09, 2014 Elyse rated it really liked it
Adorable Pictures!

Charming and hilarious Pinterest Board Book.

Quinoa is an imaginary well dressed daughter. She's fearless and fashion-forward. Her bestfriend is named Chevron.

Quinoa shares posh-important life lessons. There are rules on how to be a hipster, how to dress well, parenting tips, preschool application tips, playdates, power lunches, a list of approved baby names, etc.

Quinoa, Imaginary daughter, has global influence, with her fashion designs, snack foods, and other extraordinary c
Meredith
Aug 03, 2016 Meredith rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Quinoa is the only reason I ever look at Pinterest. The list of suggested baby names is hilariously, horribly, awesome!
Kathy
Nov 05, 2014 Kathy rated it really liked it
As a Pinterest follower of funny lady, Tiffany Beveridge, I, of course, HAD to have "How to Quinoa." Overall, I found the book true to her brand of humor, delivering plenty of laughs. I especially liked her page on how to convert your commonplace, pedestrian name to an on-trend Quinoa nickname, which WOULD be easier than going through the hassle of legally changing your name. Hilarious stuff! I was surprised by how text-dense the book was, and I found some of the narrative a bit tedious. I think ...more
Saskia Peeters
Feb 05, 2016 Saskia Peeters rated it it was amazing
I didn't know what to expect of this book but I knew I would like it no matter whether it was full of photos or text. It turned out it is a perfect mixture of both.

It's even better than the Pinterest board, the layout is beautiful and all the photos are in perfect balance with each other. I love to see all these beautiful pictures and I even recognized a few from photographers I once spoke to. There are also plenty of new photo's in it so it's not like you will have seen all before! It gave me s
Alexandra
Aug 11, 2014 Alexandra rated it it was ok
I'll say this for How to Quinoa: It doesn't repeat itself. It's very easy to enjoy indvidual pages and chapters. But when read in a single sitting, the book is too constant a riff on the same theme, and even though the jokes are unique, there's little variety in what they're actually about.

A few of the captions, even later in the book, were laugh out loud funny. But I was thoroughly done with the book before the last chapter.
Mainon
Sep 13, 2015 Mainon rated it it was amazing
This is exactly the kind of comedy book I most enjoy -- it's clever, snide, well-informed, and most importantly, genuinely funny. I snickered my way through this whole book, and had to constantly stop myself from texting photos of particular pages or post snippets to Facebook. This kind of book is meant to be shared and left open on the coffee table.
Elizabeth
Feb 28, 2015 Elizabeth rated it liked it
This is another social media-turned-book. It is really clever and funny, but I think Pinterest is still the best medium for this. I really love the mocking of pretentious naming and party trends. The names really are the best part of the book. I can picture Quinoa and her buddies Chevron, Xanax, and Downton enjoy dairy-free ancho-dusted smoothies. Good times.
Sara
Jul 23, 2014 Sara rated it really liked it
Shelves: haha-humorous
I stumbled upon the author's pinterest board one day and thought it was hilarious. This book is similarly great. The photos are equal parts adorable, ridiculous, and comical. Some of the lists and chapters are alright, but I prefer just the photos and their captions :)
Peyton Price
Jul 14, 2014 Peyton Price rated it it was amazing
If you're a fan of Quinoa on Pinterest, you're scanning these reviews to see how she translates to hardcover. As it turns out, it's not an exact translation. Instead, it's like German to Italian--so much more delicious. Perfectly perfect in every way, like Quinoa herself.
Mindy
Jan 13, 2016 Mindy rated it liked it
I've loved this Pinterest board for years, so when I stumbled upon this book, I had to at least try it. It is funny and ironic and probably won't make any sense at all in two years, but obviously. It's a book based on a Pinterest board about a fictional fashionable toddler. I enjoyed it.
Angela
Jul 29, 2014 Angela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-my-kindle
If your familiar with the Pinterest board this began from then you will love this book. Even if your not familiar but you do have a sense of humor you'll love this book. I enjoyed the entire book and I laughed a lot! I strongly recommend this book.
Heila
May 02, 2015 Heila added it
Shelves: humor
Only a few pages in and "shrieking with laughter" is not an overstatement. I'm finding this one so funny, that I have to stop after every page or two and take a break to save my stomach muscles. SO funny!!
Becky
Jan 02, 2015 Becky rated it really liked it
Very funny, in the vein of the Preppy Handbook. All new material for those who follow her on Pinterest.
Della
Oct 13, 2014 Della rated it it was amazing
Such a funny little book. It is the perfect coffee table book...whether you read a few pages, or read the whole thing, it will keep you laughing.
Chrisanne
Chrisanne rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Reimannkimberly
Reimannkimberly rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2014
Angela Aubergine
Angela Aubergine rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2015
Anne-Marie
Anne-Marie rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Jennifer Kaufman
Jennifer Kaufman rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2015
Shaida Hossein
Shaida Hossein rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2014
Kerstin Gunia
Kerstin Gunia rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2014
Heather Neroy
Oct 02, 2014 Heather Neroy rated it really liked it
Photos & captions were hilarious...a quick, flip through, made me giggle read!
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2016
CG
CG rated it did not like it
Jan 02, 2016
Britt, Book Habitue
Jan 18, 2015 Britt, Book Habitue rated it really liked it
This is some serious snark. Hilarious.
« previous 1 3 next »