Start by marking “Rocky Road, A” as Want to Read:
Rocky Road, A

Rocky Road, A

When Susan Cantwell leaves her suburban teaching job and travels to Colorado to become a guide on a bus tour of the Rocky Mountains, she expects her life will be a little more exciting. What she does not expect is that a female passenger will die mysteriously at the beginning of her first solo tour. When another death occurs soon after, Susan knows she is in for a ...more
Published December 1st 2004 by Thomas & Mercer (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Rocky Road, A, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rocky Road, A

Amy Marbach
Jan 28, 2014 Amy Marbach rated it did not like it
I have been reading a lot of mysteries, suspense novels and thrillers lately so I thought this book would be right up my alley and I couldn't wait to receive it. Boy was I severely disappointed.

My first issue was that I just could not find a way to get into the characters in this book. They seemed extremely flat, one dimensional characters- ALL OF THEM. It's not that I disliked the characters- there wasn't enough subsistence in them to dislike or like. The majority of the book takes place on a
Susan
Feb 19, 2014 Susan rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, cosy-mystery
"A Rocky Road" by Glen Ebisch is a "light" murder mystery and a quick read at only 186 pages. The setting is interesting; a bus tour through the Rocky Mountains. The heroine/amatuer sleuth in Susan Cantrell, a young school teacher who has taken a leave of absence from her job after the death of her father and who is looking for a change in her life situation. A small cast of pretty stereotypical characters, including an undercover detective (handsome and Susan's love interest of course) are on ...more
Nancy
Jan 24, 2014 Nancy rated it liked it
Murder on a Bus Tour in the Rocky Mountains

Susan Cantwell is on her first solo trip as a tour guide on a bus tour of the Rocky Mountains. She left her overbearing family and teaching job in New Jersey to try to become her own person. On the tour, she gets more than she bargained for when the passengers start to die. One of the passengers, a handome detective named James Alston, has been hired by the bus company because of a series of identity thefts. Together they try to solve the first murder b
Cheryl
Jan 27, 2014 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Fast paced clean mystery

"A Rocky Road" was actually copyrighted in 2004 by Avalon Books and was reproduced from the Avalon book archive files (per a blurb at the start of the book).

I liked that this book took place in Colorado, one of my favorite places and the tour depicted in the book actually went to many of my favorite places within the state - Air Force Academy, Mesa Verde, Durango-Silverton Railroad, Ouray - and while not overly descriptive, it was accurate in the descriptions.

This is a sh
Betty
Jun 30, 2014 Betty rated it really liked it
Rather a nice little mystery with a sweet romance on the side. I always like a book that takes me travelling and this one provides a nice tour through the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. An easy summer beach read.
Jeannine Stewart
Jul 31, 2014 Jeannine Stewart rated it it was ok
Unfortunately, I figured out the plot before I was a third of the way through the book. That was not a result of any superior brain function on my part, it was more of a reflection of the dimness of the plot.
Jessica
May 09, 2008 Jessica rated it it was ok
Shelves: book-club-books
I waited quite a while for this one and about 1 1/2 months later it came from Coos Bay. It was a fun read all in all, but it was quite silly (good word for it Mandy). The storyline made me laugh, especially in the view of the killer, but I still enjoyed it.
Mandy
Mar 31, 2008 Mandy rated it it was ok
This book is silly. It is a clean read though. It is a no brainer, simple murder mystery, however, the murderer is easy to detect (by the 4th chapter and that is pushing it.)
Kaylynn Johnsen
Aug 03, 2009 Kaylynn Johnsen rated it it was ok
I thought this book was juvenile. I knew who dunnit by page 11 and they really wasn't anything else to keep my interest.
Atlantis
Atlantis rated it did not like it
Nov 30, 2009
Krista
Krista rated it it was ok
Mar 30, 2008
Warren A. Lewis
Warren A. Lewis rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2016
Malia
Jun 10, 2008 Malia rated it liked it
Quick read but not a lot of depth to it. I liked how it was a clean murder mystery.
Angie
Apr 13, 2014 Angie rated it liked it
See my Amazon review.
Mary R. Lambert
Mary R. Lambert rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2014
Carl
Carl rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2014
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2008
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2011
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2013
Connie Steckel
Connie Steckel marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2013
Vampis
Vampis marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
VeRonica Lebo
VeRonica Lebo is currently reading it
Mar 31, 2015
Sheri Thornock
Sheri Thornock is currently reading it
Sep 28, 2016
Glen Albert Ebisch lives with his wife in western Massachusetts. His interests include philosophy, yoga, and New England folktales of the supernatural.
More about Glen Ebisch...