Start by marking “The Wealth Choice: Success Secrets of Black Millionaires” as Want to Read:
The Wealth Choice: Success Secrets of Black Millionaires

The Wealth Choice: Success Secrets of Black Millionaires

It's no secret that these hard times have been even harder for the Black community.

Approximately 35 percent of African Americans had no measurable assets in 2009, and 24 percent of these same households had only a motor vehicle. Dennis Kimbro, observing how the weight of the continuing housing and credit crises disproportionately impacts the African-American community, tak
Published June 3rd 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published February 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Wealth Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wealth Choice

Jonas
Apr 04, 2013 Jonas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. Kimbro gives concrete examples from African-American millionaires on how they acquired wealth. I constantly found myself writing down some very insightful gems that I hope will change the way I handle money on a daily basis. One quote in particular really consumed my thoughts: "The poor keep score by cars and clothes. The middle class keep score by degrees and titles. But the wealthy keep score by their bank accounts."

Crystal Mitchell
I was very impressed with the depth of this book. Mr. Kimbro did an excellent job of providing
value and inspiring information on every day people who succeed beyond all the odds. Letting his audience know that if you work hard, persevere, are dedicated, are passionate and have a well thought out vision you can achieve anything.
Michelle Ngome
Jul 19, 2014 Michelle Ngome rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book for inspiration regarding entrepreneurs. What I realized whether the person grew up as working poor, middle class, or corporate executive they all had struggles launching their business. Failure and success does not discriminate it's all about hard work.
Antuan Simmons
Sep 20, 2013 Antuan Simmons rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book. It had many background stories of black millionaires. I was looking for technical secrets to make a million, but I got a biography of rich black people. That is cool tho. I am going on Wikipedia and researching the people he interviewed. I am going to apply the knowledge I learned from this book as a road map to my own personal riches. Good book kimbro! Also very well written
Kat
Jan 17, 2013 Kat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall this was a pretty good read. Kimbro used some amazing quotes from prominent African Americans that will stick with me. The book definitely made me want to work for myself and build my own wealth. It also reinforced some good practices to saving money and building wealth. I was looking for more of a specific guide but I got the big picture.
Timothy
Oct 29, 2013 Timothy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lower-library
This book has my head spinning, I want to go out and create and build something.
Misha J Grubbs
Jan 30, 2016 Misha J Grubbs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A different perspective

I chose this rating because it's not a step by step what to do book. It gives you a different perspective on the importance of wealth, introduces you to people you do not know and reintroduce those you already know in the context of obtaining wealth. Shock you with facts and stats you may not have realized, and give you the inspiration that you need to be among the financial elite. I would recommend this to those who want to really refocus on their financial situation.
Glenn Hunter
Nov 28, 2014 Glenn Hunter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dennis Kimbro continues to tell the story about building African-American wealth and professional success. Between the anecdotes and his analysis of extensive data, Dr. Kimbro illustrates that financial success has a process that can be learned and applied. I shall continue to recommend his works, and especially The Wealth Choice, to students and professionals seeking insight and inspiration to point toward material success.
Tracie Green
Jun 06, 2015 Tracie Green rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read...Inspirational by all means. Interesting comparisons of historical black business owners to today's top entrepreneurs. Where they started and how they built their empires. A wide variety of quotes, business genres and references to live by. Totally enjoyed and will continue to read all of Napoleon Hills publications.
Abraham Williamson
Inspirational

Dr. Kimbro knows exactly who his audience is and provides excellent use of narratives to outline 7 Laws of Wealth. His inside look at Black Financial Elite is illuminating and convicting
LaTricia Frederick
Very inspirational and great examples of triumph over circumstance. If you have goals outside of your current situation, this is a great read to spark ideas and get you going.
Darrell
Mar 18, 2015 Darrell rated it it was amazing
This is a great read. I've learned more from the pages (financially) than I have in the past 30 years of life.
Michelle
Not that great. Pretty repetitive and inspirational without real information on how they made their money. Heavy on the Christianity.
Donald Flake
Filled with great Stories from the likes of Bob Johnson, LA Reid, and many, many other Black CEO's!!!
Reese Williams-Howell
Reese Williams-Howell rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2015
Norris Chase
Norris Chase rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2014
Young Hustle
Young Hustle rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2013
Joy Farrington
Joy Farrington rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Niatate
Niatate rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2014
Jerome Hanson
Jerome Hanson rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2017
Patricia
Patricia rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2014
Shayla Eubanks
Shayla Eubanks rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2015
Wardell Jones III
Wardell Jones III rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
Chipo Gunda
Chipo Gunda rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2015
Devin Givner
Devin Givner rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2015
Marita Kinney
Marita Kinney rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2016
robert cooper
robert cooper rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2014
Michele Jackson-wilson
Michele Jackson-wilson rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2013
Brandi Phillips
Brandi Phillips rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2016
Terry M Felder
Terry M Felder rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Success Secrets of Black Millionaires 2 5 Jul 17, 2014 07:49PM
  • The Belly Fat Cure™ Fast Track: Discover the Ultimate Carb Swap™ and Drop Up to 14 lbs. the First 14 Days
  • Grow Younger, Live Longer: Ten Steps to Reverse Aging
  • The FabYOUList: List It, Live It, Love Your Life
  • Everyday Crochet: Wearable Designs Just for You
  • On My Own at 107: Reflections on Life Without Bessie
  • The Human Revolution (The Human Revolution, #1-12)
  • Still Here: Embracing Aging, Changing and Dying
  • Hair Story: Untangling the Roots of Black Hair in America
  • Dreamer's Dictionary
  • The Little Book of Energy Medicine: The Essential Guide to Balancing Your Body's Energies
  • Get Your Crochet On! Hip Hats & Cool Caps
  • Thinking Anew: Harnessing the Power of Belief
  • How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor
  • Crochet Boutique: 30 Simple, Stylish Hats, Bags & Accessories
  • Is Marriage for White People?: How the African American Marriage Decline Affects Everyone
  • Eslanda: The Large and Unconventional Life of Mrs. Paul Robeson
  • Deals with the Devil, and Other Reasons to Riot
  • In Their Own Way: Discovering and Encouraging Your Child's Multiple Intelligences

“The future never takes care of itself; it is taken car of, shaped, molded, and colored by the present. Our todays are what our yesterdays made them; our tomorrows must inevitably be the product of our todays.” 4 likes
“Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else’s hands, but not you.” And remember the four things that never return: the spoken word, the speeding arrow, the wasted life, and the neglected opportunity.” 3 likes