Start by marking “The Cat Sitter's Cradle: A Dixie Hemingway Mystery” as Want to Read:
The Cat Sitter's Cradle: A Dixie Hemingway Mystery

The Cat Sitter's Cradle: A Dixie Hemingway Mystery

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Blaize Clement won fans all over the world with the charm and wit of her pet-sitting mysteries. Now, with the help of her son, author John Clement, Blaize’s beloved heroine Dixie Hemingway is back for yet another thrilling adventure in this critically-acclaimed series.

Dixie has built a nice, quiet life for herself in the sleepy town of Siesta Key, a sandy resort island off
Published June 3rd 2014 by Minotaur Books (first published July 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Cat Sitter's Cradle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cat Sitter's Cradle

Melody
I didn't know the author of this series, Blaize Clement had padded away. Her son has taken up the series and done an excellent job on this installment, so much so that I didn't realized she hadn't written it until I got to the end of the book. I really enjoy the pet sitting heroine in this series. She is smart, funny, lonely and gets caught up in situations whilst taking care of her pet clients. Now she is getting some well deserved romance as well as staying busy ferreting out criminals. I look ...more
Charlene
I really enjoy this series. Dixie is a devoted pet sitter who loves her charges and is trusted by the owners. She' s had some hard times but the " babies" she watches are healing her along with her firefighter brother and his undercover cop partner. The description of life on a Floridian island is awesome -- I feel like I'm there. Take a cozy read for your vacation. Caution: because this is a series, to really grasp the relationships and Dixie' story, find book one. It' s not necessary but it he ...more
Amanda
Seamlessly done, John...what a wonderful tribute to your mom that you could write so well this next in the series, continuing her legacy of excellent storytelling. So bittersweet to read Dixie's latest adventure, knowing her creator has passed, but you have picked up your mom's mantle of weaving an engaging tale brilliantly. I know I am not alone in hoping Dixie will live on, stumbling into further mysteries and growing closer to Ethan, through your writing! Well done! And...thank you.
Robin
I'm always hesitant when an author passes & someone else (even family) takes over the series. This was a home run as far as I am concerned. John Clement did a very good job of carrying on a series I dearly love. I enjoyed this book so well I'm eager to read the next. LOVE Dixie & can't wait for the next one!
Joey
A cute book I probably would have enjoyed more if I hadn't put it down for a while between readings.
Terrie Moran
Dixie Hemingway is a pet sitter in sleepy Siesta Key Florida. Her personal history is tragic and her professional history in law enforcement gives her a bit more courage than your average pet sitter. This collaboration by John Clement and his late mother Blaize Clement brings us a very modern story told in a way that makes the reader feel what each character is going through. Really fine book, as I've come to expect from this series.
Gloria
Oct 28, 2013 Gloria added it
I like this series. Dixie is an ex cop who resigned from the force after a personal tragedy. Still it seems that in her new job as a pet sitter she keeps coming across dead bodies. Very enjoyable plots.
Silvana Kasinski
Silvana Kasinski marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Pam Knight
Pam Knight marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Robin Peel
Robin Peel marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Lisa Morin
Lisa Morin marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Cat Kelley
Cat Kelley marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Deb
Deb added it
Nov 22, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Karen-leigh
Karen-leigh marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Amy Rogers
Amy Rogers marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Chrisann
Chrisann marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Dotty
Dotty marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Lourdes
Lourdes marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Triplecat
Triplecat marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
John Clement is the author of The Dixie Hemingway Mysteries, created by his mother, writer Blaize Clement. His books include The Cat Sitter's Nine Lives, coming in July 2014, and The Cat Sitter's Cradle, both published by St. Martins Press/Minotaur. John divides his time between New York City and Siesta Key, Florida, and is currently working on the next Dixie Hemingway mystery.
More about John Clement...
ONE DAY I'LL BE RICH! What Is It? Model Based Learning and Instruction in Science (Models and Modeling in Science Education) Creative Model Construction in Scientists and Students: The Role of Imagery, Analogy, and Mental Simulation Sketches of the First Emigrant Settlers - Newton Township, Old Gloucester County, West New Jersey