Start by marking “Champagne Girl (The Essential Collection)” as Want to Read:
Champagne Girl (The Essential Collection)

Champagne Girl (The Essential Collection)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  449 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Underneath her bubbly, carefree facade there was more - much more - to the champagne girl. Catherine maintained high personal standards, including a sense of duty to her widowed mother, which brought her back to Comanche Flats, the family ranch.

Once she'd returned, her stepbrother, Matt Kincaid, only complicated matters. Matt demanded that Catherine stay on at the ranch u
Published by Harlequin (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Champagne Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Champagne Girl

Colleen (NerdyWoman) Kayter
This book follows the classic Diana Palmer formula: older man who loudly protests marriage, coming-of-age virgin he has known and desired for years, she distrusts his advances/seduction, neither will admit they love each other, he admits he loves her and she agrees to marry him.

But as with every Palmer story, there are differences and nuances... In this story, he was guardian over her finances and her step-cousin. There was quite a rivalry going between the hero, Matt, and his younger brother, H
Jenny
Wow Matt is not a typical Diana Palmer hero. He is so sweet and loving and romantic and so obviously in love with Kit. Kit on the other hand is an idiot. She was funny but too over the top stupid.
Kalu Sakura
The roles were reversed, he so sweet she too obnoxious, but all too sweet!
Booked
The pace is a little different from her previous books. Kit is the typical unawakened virgin but she wasn't as clueless. She also made use of her feminine wiles to turn the tables on him. Matt flexes his muscle a bit and turns the pressure on. The book is more of a light read Both characters equally had some sense of humor and wit. I enjoyed the scene in bed where they get caught, and again true to the whole tempo of the book it didn't really escalate to this epic drama.
Amanda Sheila
Not exactly my favorite but I did enjoyed reading it. Very typical of Diana Palmer but if you're a fan of her since the beginning, you'll love it.

Matt's a bit annoying but then again, he loves Catherine—or Kit secretly.

Good one.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Give me a break! Seriously? I wanted to smack the LOT of them. How can this guy possibly be at the top of his game in the business world if his plans follow along these same lines?

Blame it on the unrequited lust.
Le
I like this book, Matt is really nice to her, most of the time. Which any Diana Palmer fan knows is not normal. I'm not sure is Kit is just really naïve, or just dumb. Matt is so obviously in love with her.
Angelica Stevenson
In 2005-2007 I read so many of Diana Palmer's books. My ex's mom had a lot and that got me hooked. She is an excellent author and I just enjoyed them. Especially the rancher, texas, farmer themes plots and stuff.
Leena
Although short, it was a good story. One I needed. Glad I read about Matt and Kit
Cassandra
A must read! I love all her books.
Charlene
Charlene marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Michele Stewart
Michele Stewart marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Carmela Gentry
Carmela Gentry marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Sapphire Bengier
Sapphire Bengier marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Anna Davis
Anna Davis marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
  • A Fiery Baptism (Mills & Boon Romance, #3499)
  • Mistress to Her Husband
  • Knight of Seduction
  • The Disobedient Virgin (The Ramirez Brides #3)
  • The Kanellis Scandal
  • Wife in the Shadows
  • Forced Wife, Royal Love-Child
  • Love's Legacy
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • The Dangerous Gentleman (Rogues of Regent Street, #1)
  • Melting Fire
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • Forbidden Fire

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab
More about Diana Palmer...
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Dangerous (Long, Tall Texans, #37)