Start by marking “Unforgotten (Unremembered, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unforgotten (Unremembered, #2)

Unforgotten (Unremembered #2)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  879 ratings  ·  138 reviews
Some memories are better left forgotten...

After a daring escape from the scientists at Diotech who created her, Seraphina believes she is finally safe from the horrors of her past. But new threats await Sera and her boyfriend, Zen, at every turn as Zen falls prey to a mysterious illness and Sera’s extraordinary abilities make it more and more difficult to stay hidden. Me
Published February 25th 2014 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Unforgotten, please sign up.

Amanda I don't believe it has language. If it does it was very minimal. As for your other question: I don't know if you've read the first book (this is a…moreI don't believe it has language. If it does it was very minimal. As for your other question: I don't know if you've read the first book (this is a sequel), but...kissing. One scene at night where Sera and Zen are sleeping together. This is in the 1600s where they are now living. (Not a spoiler, that's in the first few chapters of the book.) Zen alludes to sexual stuff that night and promises to "show her later," but nothing further happens in regards to that comment.

Hope this helps :) Exactly the kinds of questions I want to know, too.(less)

Hope Molinelli
I dont know if you are allowed to curse on this website or in a review but I am just going to use the word duck to substitute that very strong meaningful word that i assume everyone should know.
WHAT THE DUCK? Like honestly. Okay first let me say that I loved Unremembered so much, like seriously it's one of my favorite books of all time. It was just so action-packed and filled with romance, who could not find it to be thrilling and just incredible? I get to this book and the beginning I am feeli
Belle
Apr 27, 2014 Belle marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-release
Since the hardcover of this book is so expensive and the book is so small, I'm waiting to get it at the library. I'll share my thoughts once I get the chance to read it. My pre-read review is below.

I am so excited for this one. I really hope we get to see more of Cody, I liked him alot. I also hope that we find out some more about Sera's past. I'm sure we will.

I'm a bit iffy with the title, but I can tolerate it. The first one seems to have a lot of hate, and I guess I understand why some peopl
Tamara
Much better than unremembered. Yet I am still disappointed that the author doesn't dive into her science fiction world more.

Time travel in a whole different level; one moment you're in the year 2013, then 1609, then 2032. 2115 is a time where science as succeeded in fully understand genes and DNA, where people can genetically manipulate others and where man can create human.

But alas, the author's story is about true love, blah blah blah. It's a good book, with moments where you wish more books
Hafsah Laziaf
Life in 1609 wasn’t so bad, until Zen was struck by a sudden illness and Seraphina was accused of witchcraft. Barely escaping with her life, Sera finds herself in 2032. Her rescuer? A man just like her – a creation of the power-greedy Diotech. Only he’s better than her. With Zen’s life slowly slipping way, Sera must work to find a way to save the life of the boy she loves. The problem? If she wants Zen to live, she’ll have to work with her enemy. Diotech.

UNFORGOTTEN WAS AWESOME.
INCREDIBLY AWESOM
Jen  (Today in Jen's Library)
Well, I'm glad we got that whole amnesia thing out of the way.

This second book in the Unremembered series starts off with a bang. We're in 1609 with Sera accused as a witch and being burned at the stake - and this after some disturbing dreams. The dreams thread through the book and become the basic line to follow in terms of the plot. This is nice because while they are at first undecipherable, they're a hint. And when they unfold into scenes that actually happen, the device works beautifully.

Se
Hailey
So I was kind of meh about Unremembered, the first book in this series, when I read it last year. I liked it but didn't love it, but I was intrigued enough to want to continue with the series. If it's been a while since you read Unremembered, the book does a fairly good job at throwing in reminders about what happened previously, although it would never hurt to at least skim the previous book before moving on to this one.

I ended up enjoying Unforgotten way more than the previous book. I'm guessi
Kathy Martin
UNFORGOTTEN was a fast-paced, intriguing middle book in a trilogy. Sera and Zen are on the run from the evil Diotech corporation which wants to recapture her. After all, they are the ones who created her and made her beautiful, fast, smart and able to travel through time. They have escaped to England in the year 1609. And, while Zen fits in, Sera is still learning what it means to be a human with freedom and choices. However, their idyllic respite is soon threatened when the wife of the man who ...more
Zoe

I read Jessica Brody's Unremembered a while back, and while I didn't completely fall in love with it, I did find it to be a decent and entertaining read despite its flaws. This being said, the sequel - Unforgotten - was not quite on the top of my TBR pile, but I was still interested in reading it nonetheless. And I must that, like its predecessor, while it did have its flaws, it was still decent and entertaining enough.

I must say that Unremembered and Unforgotten are two different books entirel
onnolee
Dec 30, 2014 onnolee is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I AM VERY VERY EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK! I LOVE SERAPHINA AND ZEN'S RELATIONSHIP..AND WELL THE FIRST WAS PERFECT. Cannot wait! February 2014 come faster!!!
Fast-paced, packed with twists and surprises, unforgettable. Can't wait for the final installment in the trilogy!
Krissy
Why did there have to be a love triangle? GAH!
Irene
Likes:

• Efter afslutningen på bog et, troede jeg ikke, vi ville se mere til Cody. Jeg tog fejl. Det er jeg virkelig glad for, for Cody er den bedste karakter i den her serie, synes jeg. Han er så virkelig, så reel og bare så…god. Han betyder enormt meget for serien, som slet ikke ville være den samme uden ham.

• Action. Det går så stærkt i den her bog, men uden at gå for stærkt. Man kan sagtens følge med, men siderne vender sig selv og på grund af kapitlernes størrelse sidder man hele tiden med d
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
Since I finished reading Unremembered I have been desperate to read Unforgotten, I wanted it there and then but had the torturous wait of a whole twelve months before I got a copy of Unforgotten in my hands, and what a fantastic bookish day it was when I got the book through my door.

****Before I begin this review I am warning you now that it will contain spoilers for the previous book and possibly for this one, so carry on reading at your own risk****
(view spoiler)
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
*Genre* Young Adult, Science Fiction
*Rating* 3.0

*My Thoughts*

Unforgotten (Unremembered # 2) picks up six months after the end of Unremembered. The story is once again told in the first person narrative by 16-year old Seraphina (Sera) who isn't all that she seems, but rather a synthetically engineered humanoid. The story travels from 1609 England, to 2032 New York City, and ends up back where it started, the year 2115.

Sera and Zen have made themselves a part of the 17th century landscape, finally
Barbara
Tyler-rose (The Reading Pile)
Ahhhh! So everything seems fine and peachy until Zen comes down with a horrible illness!! Like what the hell? Things for this couple will never be good for long! Haha. But this novel came with a twist, there was a new Sera in town, and his name is Kaelan. Holy bejebus (not a word I know!) was my emotions played with here! I can't tell if I like this guy or not! STILL!

So i'll be straight with you all, I'm writing this review about 3 months after I finished the book. I know, terrible right? But I
Charlotte
After a hectic week I finly finished this book this afternoon. And to be fair, I was engaged throughout despite aspects that I thought would put me off. I liked it because it just kept giving me surprises and unexpected turns. Jessica Brand, a good job once again.
image

Sera and Zen have managed to escape to 1609 where they’ve been able to hide from Diotech, living the simple life. But with Sera finding it harder and harder to keep her true force underwraps, she does not know how long she and Zen
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Jessica Brody's Unforgotten was definitely an unforgettable read and was just amazing! I am left stumbling, trying to figure out how I will survive the coming months until I get my hands on the finale! February cannot get here soon enough!!

Sera and Zen are in 1609 in the outskirts of London, finally living in the time of their desires. But their lives are anything but glamorous working on a farm, but they are together and happy. Then Zen gets sick and even with what little medical help there's a
Mariah Smith
SO. Im stuck between 3.5 and 4 stars. Obviously 3.5 (sadly) doesn't exist so 4 stars it is. I gotta tell you the first half of this book... Wasn't feeling it. 1609 was about as romantic as diarrhea. I mean just because your favorite poem was written by a guy who lives in a certain year doesn't mean you should live there. There's no correlation between them. The 17th century was laborious and unfair and disgusting. Why not the 20th century? I don't know. And 1609 Sera was pathetic and whiney. I w ...more
Raychel Rose
*Spoiler Free Review*
WHAT THE BOOK IS ABOUT:
Seraphina is still running from Diotech, with Zen. They travel back to 1609, working on a farm, hiding from Diotech. But for how long can they hide? Because Diotech is always lurking, always creeping, always there, watching you. Be prepared for a thrill of a ride in Jessica Brody's new sequel to Unremembered!
WHY I GAVE IT FIVE STARS: Most sequels are long and tire some, but not in Unforgotten! The plot is face paced with a new set of twists and turns.
Hornets Nest
This story picks up with Sera and Zen running from the Diotech Corporation that is wanting to recapture her. They have escaped to the year 1609 and are trying to fit in with that time period. Zen is trying to teach Sera how to be a human while the farmers they are staying with are questioning Sera’s actions. Soon Zen becomes seriously ill and Sera is accused of being a witch. When they escape it is none too late because Sera is about to be burned at the stake, but her rescuer is sent from Diotec ...more
Daiane
Okay let me just say I have loved every single one of Jessica Brody's books and none of them have ever disappointed me.

This book is just....FLAWLESS! PERFECT! I can't seem to get enough!! Although I am quite upset by the ending of this book....okay maybe heartbroken. I can't wait to see the ending in the next book in series which is coming out in FEBRUARY :O I really can't wait that long. Also, knowing that there is gonna be a movie screen based on this series I am freaking out even more.
Saara
This book was kind of disappointing. I really like the first book, Unremembered, so I was exited to give this one a go. This sequel turned out to be slower in pace, and not as exciting. Don't get me wrong, I still liked it OK but not as much as I had hoped to like it.

I'm not sure if I will ever get around reading the next book. If I find it somewhere cheap I might buy it and keep reading but at this moment I'm in no hurry to continue.
Pamela Todd
Zen and Sera have escaped from the scientists at Diotech who created Sera. They have travelled back in time to 1609 and, so long as they keep to themselves and make sure nothing they do becomes part of public record, they can live out the remainder of their days in peace and safety but more importantly, together. Diotech can never find them.

But something is making Zen ill, and even before that life was a daily struggle. Every move Sera makes she has to be thoughtful and cautious. One wrong move
Jae Park
Lots of action, convoluted plot twists and turns, and a sympathetic main character made this book a really good read. Really enjoyed the time travel aspect with Sera and Zen, along with the villains of Diotech. The only thing I would change is the ending, because now I will definitely have to read the next book in this series! Thanks for the great writing Ms. Brody :)
Stacee
Fast paced and action packed. I loved that we got some serious answers and it wasn't a filler book like some second books in a trilogy are.

The ending is a killer. It's not exactly a cliffhanger, but it definitely makes me crazy that I have to wait over a year for the last book.
Brad Sells
Is it even possible to have a sequel be even better than Unremembered? That was even more captivating, thrilling, and overall a fantastic sequel?

The answer is yes. Because Jessica Brody is a genius.

Look for my full review in February!
Sylene
I liked it a lot except how she just randomly makes out with Kaelen while Zen is like in the other freaking room and her entire life is devoted to him and she doesn't even think OOPS I SHOULDN'T BE DOING THIS!
Still, I can't wait for the third book...
I love it 1 5 Sep 05, 2013 06:48PM
  • Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)
  • Renegade (MILA 2.0, #2)
  • Vengeance (Fracture, #2)
  • Unravel (Linked, #2)
  • Divided (Dualed, #2)
  • Untitled (Annex, #3)
  • The Hunt (Project Paper Doll, #2)
  • Find Me Where the Water Ends (So Close to You, #3)
  • Idols (Icons, #2)
  • The Worlds We Make (Fallen World, #3)
  • Frozen (Taken, #2)
  • Altered (Crewel World, #2)
  • Let the Storm Break (Let the Sky Fall, #2)
  • Erased (Altered, #2)
  • Fragile Spirits (Souls, #2)
  • Nil (Nil, #1)
  • Collide (The Taking, #3)
  • Creators (The Lost Souls, #3)

Jessica Brody knew from a young age that she wanted to be a writer. She started self "publishing" her own books when she was seven years old, binding the pages together with cardboard, wallpaper samples and electrical tape.

After graduating from Smith College in 2001 where she double majored in Economics and French and minored in Japanese, Jessica later went on to work for MGM Studios as a Manager
More about Jessica Brody...

Unremembered (3 books)
  • Unremembered (Unremembered, #1)
  • Unchanged (Unremembered, #3)
Unremembered (Unremembered, #1) 52 Reasons to Hate My Father The Karma Club My Life Undecided The Fidelity Files (Jennifer Hunter, #1)

“I kiss him so hard, it's as though I'm trying to extract the very life out of him and unite it with mine.” 3 likes
“What does it feel like?"
"It feels like..." I begin hesitantly, "...falling from the sky."
As I suspected, confusion registers on Kaelen's face.
"Thrilling and terrifying at the same time," I add.
Kaelen ponders for a while. "Falling from the sky equals death."
I bite my lip to keep from laughing. "Only if there's a ground underneath you," I counter.
"There is."
I shrug. “But what if there wasn't? What if you simply fell forever? Never knowing if there was a ground beneath you or not."
"It's not possible," Kaelen rationalizes. "Unless you were falling in a vacuum."
I smile. "So maybe that's what love is. Falling in a vacuum.”
2 likes