Start by marking “Gorgeous Carat Galaxy” as Want to Read:
Gorgeous Carat Galaxy

Gorgeous Carat Galaxy (Gorgeous Carat universe)

Pfandleiher Ray Balzac Courlande, auch als Gentlemandieb Noir bekannt, und Floréan Rochefort sind auf Besuch bei Floréans weitläufiger, aber verarmter Verwandschaft. Die wollen die Verbindung ihres Verwandten zu dem berühmt-berüchtigten Pfandleiher nutzen und ihren Grundbesitz vor dem Ruin retten. Doch leider geht nicht alles friedlich in dem Landschlösschen zu.
Published August 2006 by Carlsen (first published April 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Gorgeous Carat Galaxy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gorgeous Carat Galaxy

Kati
Aug 03, 2009 Kati rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-bl, 2009, in-english
It's You Higuri, of course I loved it. This was a re-read for me, I just felt like visiting Ray and Florian and Lila and Solomon again... It's a stand-alone volume set after the "Gorgeous Carat" series and once again, Florian is the damsel in distress, hehe. Also, I love this sort of gay stuff - the possible relationship between Ray and Florian is only hinted at, there's no sex, it's all plot and character stuff.
Cornerofmadness
Derekica Snake

This is a second series featuring Ray (Noir-jewel thief) and Florian (pretty boy collateral) and their adventures in a creepy mysterious castle with murder and mayhem as a side dish. Needless to say Ray owns Florian, maybe he even loves him, but until the matter of the debt is cleared up he will remain exotic and aloof. (See Gorgeous Carat – good luck finding #2)

There is a creepy squick factor winding its way through the story line. While the little girl doesn’t come out and say it, I think her
Leila Anani
A rather odd volume in the Georgeous Carat universe this one is a stand alone gothic tale that has Florian convince Noir to help out one of his relatives by actually buying some artwork. They get stuck in the mansion by a freak snow storm and of course family secrets and skelletons in the closet are revealed. This feels far too light for an incredibly dark story hinting at paedophilia and incest. The yaoi content is equally minimised although we do get Noir carrying an injured Florian and a fun ...more
Anna
I remember how excited I was when I found out a new Gorgeous Carat book was coming out. Even then, I found this volume disappointing. It was uninteresting and lacked intensity compared to the main plot of the series. The relation to soap operas was depressingly evident. We also learned nothing new about our main characters. It was episodic and bland. But I guess fans of the series clamored with a new addition. Anyways, I'm at least done.
Emily G
Nov 05, 2007 Emily G rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: shounen-ai fans
Ray and Florian are back and it's not long before one of them is in trouble and needs rescuing, and let's face it, it's generally Florian *g*! But despite this predictability, I do love Gorgeous Carat, Ray and Florian endear themselves to you with their tragic pasts and obvious love for each other.
Petra
Mar 12, 2015 Petra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So much memories! Vzpomínám si, jak se tahle knížka dala sehnat na jediném livejournalu na celým internetu, půlka scanu byla japonský, druhá půlka až nečitelne zažloutlé... A jakou jsem z toho měla radost :3 skvělá oldschool klasika, musím si ještě někdy znovu přečíst i tu původní sérii.
Mar 05, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this - who could resist?
The other Sandy
Beautiful artwork; lame writing.
Tinandra
Tinandra rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
Pauline
Pauline rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2011
Hannah Proviance
Hannah Proviance rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2008
Radiophonic
Radiophonic rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2008
Schnekk
Schnekk rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2014
 Fayele
Fayele rated it it was ok
May 02, 2017
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2013
Kelli
Kelli rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2012
Patty
Patty rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2007
Chloe
Chloe rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2015
Khyie
Khyie rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2012
Myka
Myka rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2011
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2010
JR
JR rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2012
Lucas
Lucas rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2013
Sarah Buchanan
Sarah Buchanan rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2013
Raven
Raven rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2011
Allyson
Allyson rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2012
Jenn
Jenn rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2012
Khristina Cress
Khristina Cress rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2012
Misaki Nighto
Misaki Nighto rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2014
  • Kissing
  • Dear Myself
  • Love Mode, Vol. 7
  • J-Boy By Biblos
You Higuri (氷栗優) is a Japanese shōjo and yaoi manga artist. She is known especially for her drawings of beautiful fantasy men in romantic storylines set in historical Europe, such as Gorgeous Carat in early 20th-century France and Cantarella during the Italian Renaissance.

Source: Wikipedia
More about You Higuri...

Gorgeous Carat universe (6 books)
  • Gorgeous Carat, Volume 01