Start by marking “Gorgeous Carat Galaxy” as Want to Read:
Gorgeous Carat Galaxy

Gorgeous Carat Galaxy (Gorgeous Carat universe)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  134 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Pfandleiher Ray Balzac Courlande, auch als Gentlemandieb Noir bekannt, und Floréan Rochefort sind auf Besuch bei Floréans weitläufiger, aber verarmter Verwandschaft. Die wollen die Verbindung ihres Verwandten zu dem berühmt-berüchtigten Pfandleiher nutzen und ihren Grundbesitz vor dem Ruin retten. Doch leider geht nicht alles friedlich in dem Landschlösschen zu.
Published August 2006 by Carlsen (first published April 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Gorgeous Carat Galaxy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gorgeous Carat Galaxy

Kati
It's You Higuri, of course I loved it. This was a re-read for me, I just felt like visiting Ray and Florian and Lila and Solomon again... It's a stand-alone volume set after the "Gorgeous Carat" series and once again, Florian is the damsel in distress, hehe. Also, I love this sort of gay stuff - the possible relationship between Ray and Florian is only hinted at, there's no sex, it's all plot and character stuff.
Cornerofmadness
Derekica Snake

This is a second series featuring Ray (Noir-jewel thief) and Florian (pretty boy collateral) and their adventures in a creepy mysterious castle with murder and mayhem as a side dish. Needless to say Ray owns Florian, maybe he even loves him, but until the matter of the debt is cleared up he will remain exotic and aloof. (See Gorgeous Carat – good luck finding #2)

There is a creepy squick factor winding its way through the story line. While the little girl doesn’t come out and say it, I think her
Leila Anani
A rather odd volume in the Georgeous Carat universe this one is a stand alone gothic tale that has Florian convince Noir to help out one of his relatives by actually buying some artwork. They get stuck in the mansion by a freak snow storm and of course family secrets and skelletons in the closet are revealed. This feels far too light for an incredibly dark story hinting at paedophilia and incest. The yaoi content is equally minimised although we do get Noir carrying an injured Florian and a fun ...more
Petra
So much memories! Vzpomínám si, jak se tahle knížka dala sehnat na jediném livejournalu na celým internetu, půlka scanu byla japonský, druhá půlka až nečitelne zažloutlé... A jakou jsem z toho měla radost :3 skvělá oldschool klasika, musím si ještě někdy znovu přečíst i tu původní sérii.
Anna
I remember how excited I was when I found out a new Gorgeous Carat book was coming out. Even then, I found this volume disappointing. It was uninteresting and lacked intensity compared to the main plot of the series. The relation to soap operas was depressingly evident. We also learned nothing new about our main characters. It was episodic and bland. But I guess fans of the series clamored with a new addition. Anyways, I'm at least done.
amelia cavendish
Nov 05, 2007 amelia cavendish rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: shounen-ai fans
Ray and Florian are back and it's not long before one of them is in trouble and needs rescuing, and let's face it, it's generally Florian *g*! But despite this predictability, I do love Gorgeous Carat, Ray and Florian endear themselves to you with their tragic pasts and obvious love for each other.
The other Sandy
Beautiful artwork; lame writing.
Love this - who could resist?
Emily
Emily added it
Jul 30, 2015
Carolina
Carolina marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Annette Johnson
Annette Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Animelove24 Brown
Animelove24 Brown marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Max Enlund
Max Enlund marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Dulce Avila
Dulce Avila marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Kaitie
Kaitie added it
Apr 19, 2015
Sigrid
Sigrid is currently reading it
Apr 18, 2015
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Fukatoki Chika
Fukatoki Chika marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Yamiremus
Yamiremus marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Martha
Martha marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Ashley L
Ashley L marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Yellow, Volume 04
  • Rin!, Volume 02
  • Fake, Volume 07
  • Sweet Revolution
  • Kissing
  • Love Mode Vol. 11 (Love Mode, #11)
  • Antique Bakery, Volume 2
  • La Esperança, Volume 01
  • Freefall Romance
  • Our Everlasting, Volume 01
  • Desire
You Higuri is a Japanese shōjo and yaoi manga artist. She is known especially for her drawings of beautiful fantasy men in romantic storylines set in historical Europe, such as Gorgeous Carat in early 20th-century France and Cantarella during the Italian Renaissance.

Source: Wikipedia
More about You Higuri...

Gorgeous Carat universe (6 books)
  • Gorgeous Carat, Volume 01
  • Gorgeous Carat, Volume 02
  • Gorgeous Carat, Volume 03
  • Gorgeous Carat, Volume 04
  • Gorgeous Carat L'Esperanza
Gorgeous Carat, Volume 01 Cantarella Vol. 1 Cantarella, Volume 2 Gorgeous Carat, Volume 02 Gorgeous Carat, Volume 03