Start by marking “Just One Song (Just One Song, #1)” as Want to Read:
Just One Song (Just One Song, #1)

Just One Song (Just One Song #1)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  2,261 ratings  ·  228 reviews
Librarian's Note: This is an alternate cover for ASIN B00CB2ITZS

Nicole Parsons had the perfect life, made complete with the suburban home and the proverbial white picket fence. When tragedy struck and she lost the most important people in her life, she turned away from everything she loved before; shutting out every reminder of the perfect life she lost.

It has been one ye
Published (first published April 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Just One Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just One Song

Thoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. StephensLove Unscripted by Tina ReberBreathe by Abbi GlinesBackstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Famous Characters
278th out of 357 books — 770 voters
American Girl on Saturn by Nikki GodwinThoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. StephensCross Me off Your List by Nikki GodwinMerch Girl by Rebecca  Lewis
Girls And Bands
61st out of 61 books — 18 voters

More lists with this book...

Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

3.5- 4 Sweeeeeet Stars!

This is exactly what this book was- soo very sweeet!

Nicole is empty... Why? Because she lost everything in her life that mattered to her.
Her husband- the love of her life Mark
Her Son- The light of her life- Andrew

After her husband and son meet up in an accident and die Nicole is so very alone.

Its been one year, three months, one week and six days since the accident and Nicole is ready to stop counting the says she's survived and begin living again...

On her first night ou
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
This was a really sweet story. It's low on angst, and has a hero and heroine that you want to root for. There is a lot to love. I enjoyed watching Nicole come back to life after such a huge loss, and there is no doubt that Zack was the perfect hero.

There were a few minor things that kept this, for me, from being a four or five star read.

Some of this is spoiler-ish, so proceed with caution.

- Zack was a little too perfect. Seriously, he never does or says anything but the absolute best thing in
Anna
Sweet and sexy ...more
Dana
OMG! Finally a book where the guy doesn't sleep around and the girl isn't a whinger!!
I absolutely adore zack and Nicole.
Nicole's story is heart wrenching! What she goes through is devastating. But she is such a strong character and doesn't bitch and moan.
Zach.. Oh Zach!! What a beautiful man!! It was such a relief to read about a guy who is so in love with someone that it prevents him from doing stupid things.
This book was well written too and the supporting characters fantastic.
A MUST READ
When I started this free read it seemed promising but then it just peters out and drags and becomes predictable (it's so obvious she'll become the keyboard player).

The emotional impact that Nicole's history is supposed to generate fell flat for me. There wasn't enough background about how happy and in love she had been and whilst we read a little of her husband, the son wasn't mentioned much or how upset she as a mother was to lose her son.

As for Zack he was just far too nice and understanding.
Tonya
Initially I made up my mind this would be a4 star read mainly because it was a love at first sight thing and although I am a hopeless romantic I don't do love at first sight but toward the end I changed because it was just to frigging sweet. I loved all of the characters especially Zack and Nicole, who are the main ones but Nicole's friend Mia was awesome as well.
A story of love lost, grief, letting to of the past, finding yourself and finding happiness.

Nicole lost so much already and along with
Karla (Reads and Thoughts)
Stories like this one is nothing new if you're an avid New Adult reader like myself, you'll get the idea of a very weak heroine being saved by a strong (mostly handsome, rock star guys) guy that would make her happy and they'll live happily ever after fighting all their battles. Just One Song never did fall out from that line though - it was familiar yet something about it would make you stick with it through the end.

When I read, its so usual for me to get first impressions as I start and furthe
Sky
5 star it's just not enough for this story. I fell in love with Zack and Nicole.It was a beautiful heartbreking book.

5/5****
5 csillag,de csak azért mert nem lehet többet adni. Áhh,nem is tudom mivel kezdjem. Egyszerűen elvarázsolt,és most nehéz lesz olyan könyvet találni,ami legalább egy kicsit megközelíti ezt.
Aranyos,kedves,szívet melengető történet a szerelemről,vesztességről és a második esélyről.
Zack És Nicole már a legelső pillanattól fogva elvarázsol. Nem tudod nem szeretni őket.
Nicoln
Windy
3.5 to 4 sweet love at 1st sight hearts<3<3<3<3this was a super sweet story of the sexy rock star falling for the no name broken girl it had no real drama except for the the bitch ex girlfriend i enjoyed Zack and Nichols story love in music photo: Music Is Love Music_Is_Love.jpg true love photo: true love tl.gifZack  photo jared_leto_zps976e24f3.jpgNic  photo NinaDobrev_zpsd8fe5248.jpg  photo FindingLove_zpsae80b341.jpg ...more
Natalie
This story was so awesome. It is the perfect love story with heartbreak thrown in before during and after. It is hard to put down. Tragedy struck Nicole and she is shattered. She needs to live again and her best friend and her go to dinner. She accepts a bet to get a guy to buy her a drink. From there the love story grows as Nicole doesn't recognize Zack who is a rock star. Zack has never met someone who doesn't use him for his status. It is impossible not to fall in love with Zack or Nicole. I ...more
Mandy
Really enjoyed this book. I really liked the main character, Nicole. She suffered a terrible loss when her husband and son died but she was really strong and worked on moving on in her life and finding love again. I also loved Zack. Who doesn't love a sexy rock star? Nicole's best friend Mia is awesome and I'm so glad book 2 is about her and Chase!
Liz
Dull, boring, sad.

Woman who lost her husband and young son in tragic car accident finds love with rock star. Even the sex was boring in this.

Just One Song is Stacey Lynn's debut novel and she did an amazing job. Just One Song is a love story about grief and loss, and the guilt and fear of moving on from that loss.

Nicole Parsons had the perfect life, but unfortunately tragedy struck and took it all away from her. It is now one year, 3 months and 1 week later and Nicole still feels numb inside. For the past 15 months she has been going through the motions of everyday life trying to survive, but has not felt "alive" since that
Melody Cox
Rating 4.25 stars.

I read Just One Song and Just One Week in the same day. For me, Just One Song was definitely the better read of the two. All of the characters were nicely developed and more than one dimensional. I don't believe that the band members were your typical lot of rock stars. Yes, they partied and slept around but there was so much more to them than that and once they found their forever girl the sexcapades abruptly ended. Now, does this represent any rock stars of today? I really do
Hollie
Sweet love story - No great angst or drama

This was one of those reads that’s just almost too sweet. It works though.

The pros:
* This was a complete story - no cliffhangers
* No unnecessary drama (no cheating, scandals, backstabbing, etc)
* The hero in this read was quite charming
* I liked how the heroine faced adversity and dark times but got a second chance at love
* I nice read where you get your HEA
* This was listed as a freebie on Amazon at my time of purchase. That’s a gesture very much apprec
Ramzi [Southern Sass Books]
Absoloutely loved this! Such a sweet read.
Kim Person
Emotional journey of the sweetest kind ~ 5 +++++ stars for this beautifully written book that will have you on your knees praying for Nic to heal and loving every freaking minute of the sexy as all get out Zack ~ This is book demands tissues, squeeeeeees and jumping around with giddiness ~ I will post full review later ~ comes out April 16th ~ HIGHLY recommend I can't wait to read it again :)
Lucia
Creo que Me enamoré!
me encantó este libro. Pienso que Nicole es el personaje mas fuerte del que alguna vez haya leído. Su historia es muy trágica pero ella sabe que se merece un final feliz y creo que eso la ayuda a superar sus "miedos" y volver a vivir aunque sabemos que es muy difícil después de lo que pasó. Siento mucha admiración por Nicole, si yo hubiese estado en su lugar creo que no podría haber salido adelante.

Lo que si me quedó muy claro es que sin Zack ella no hubiese podido volver a
Felecia Hickman- amaya
Tragically Beautiful Love story . This book is amazing I laughed I cried . I love Zack so glad he brought her to happiness .
Laura YA indie princess
I really enjoyed this novel. I cried quiet a bit but a good read only downside I thought the epilogue was to short!!!
Ruthie
I read this book like it was a slow dance that you never wanted to end. Was absolutely beautiful.
Anna

Felt too insta for me. The idea was good though, story's just not good enough.
Secretly Adorkable Readers
If you can handle a little bit of a tragedy and a little bit of a rocker romance "Just One Song" is definitely a must read for you.

The story starts out with Nicole Parsons having a complete perfect life until tragedy struck and she lost the most important people in her world.

It had been one year, three months, one week and six days since the accident and Nicole is ready to stop counting the days she survived, and begin living again. She goes out with her best friend Mia to one of the local bars
Kim
I enjoyed this book, it had me in tears on page 4. I thought it was a well written book, typical rock god boyfriend, but without all the usual drama that seems to happen in rock boyfriend books. there wasn't the eternal threat of groupies, and all this other stuff, and the little drama and excitement that was in the book, was a lot more tame than other books I've read, which that in itself was really refreshing.

This book grabbed my attention from the start, and I had a hard time putting it down
Up All Night Book Addict
Where to begin with this wonderful story. Nicole's life has been anything but easy. She has been dealt a crappy hand in the beginning of her adulthood, to say the least. When she has finally decided to take steps to finding herself again, she meets the famous Zack Walters. Her confusion of her feelings for him scare her. She can't seem to let go those she loved and lost. Learning to move on and live life again isn't as easy as many would think. She is full of longing and guilt. Her struggle is h ...more
Just One Song is Stacey Lynn's debut novel.

When I read that, I wanted to ask, seriously??

From the get go, I was drawn into the characters in this story and I needed to know what had broken Nicole. Why is she so withdrawn and why wouldn't she allow herself to just live? Her friendship with Mia, is what every female wants in a friend. They can complete each other's sentences, they tell each other what they need to hear, and they vocalize what the other can't always put into words. Mia is Nicole'
Sadie Bissett
"It has been one year, three months, one week and six days since the accident."

Wow... Just One Song was such a beautiful love story, I loved every moment of it. I have read other reviews that stated that it seemed to be insta-love, but it really wasn't like that. There was an instant attraction that seemed like it was more than just lust. But I think everyone has felt like that at least once before; that if given the opportunity, that attraction could become so much more, in fact, it could becom
Christina Lyn
Some people say this book is too familiar to read. I'd say this book has a different story to tell. Every Author has a brilliant mind behind in every story they have to share.

Nicole almost have a perfect life and a perfect family. Couldn't ask for more. Not until the accident that took her life upside down. Lossing her husband and her son are pretty devastated experienced you could ever imagined. Life is unfair. Its a split seconds your life can change even you don't want it. But she's very str
Drue
Sweet Rockstar Romance

Nicole has had a tough year and a half, when she joins her bestie, Mia, at their local hangout. With a pair of Manolos on the line and her inability to turn down a dare, Nicole flirts with two guys at the bar. So begins the romance with Zack, the rockstar.

I've got to say that I really, really like how Zack helps Nicole embrace her past--and her future. I love how the relationship develops over time. There seems to be a natural build-up, instead of the more common (in books,
Lily
Really enjoyed this book. Unbelievably sweet story to read. Lots of places for me to cry my eyes out and just saw awwww. Nicole has been through so much heartache in her life and Zack is the person she needed to pull her out of her grieving. I feel as though lots of stuff happened in this book but it didn't seem rushed or unfinished like lots of books are nowadays. There was a nice flow to the chain of events.
I have to say Zack is one of my favorite characters, he is unrealistically sweet, maki
  • When I Look to the Sky (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #2)
  • Irresistible Refrain (Tempest, #1; Black Cat Records, #4)
  • Playing for Love at Deep Haven
  • Lifeless (Lifeless, #1)
  • Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)
  • Incidental Happenstance
  • Fury (The Sound Wave Series, #1)
  • Access Restricted (Access, #2)
  • Out From Under (The Lovers Duet, #1)
  • Translation of Love (Of Love, #1)
  • What You Do to Me (Unexpected Love, #1)
  • Learn to Fly (Double Blind Study, #1)
  • Epic (Fierce, #3)
  • Wild Chase (Vengeful Honor, #1)
  • Tracks (Rock Bottom, #1)
  • Rock'n Tapestries (Rock'n Tapestries, #1)
  • Play With You (Loneliness, #1)
  • Bullet (Bullet, #1)

Just One Song (2 books)
  • Just One Week (Just One Song, #2)
Point of Return (Nordic Lords MC, #1) Don't Lie to Me Remembering Us Point of Redemption (Nordic Lords MC, #2) Point of Freedom (Nordic Lords MC, #3)