Start by marking “Just One Song (Just One Song, #1)” as Want to Read:
Just One Song (Just One Song, #1)

Just One Song (Just One Song #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  3,318 Ratings  ·  317 Reviews
Librarian's Note: This is an alternate cover for ASIN B00CB2ITZS

Nicole Parsons had the perfect life, made complete with the suburban home and the proverbial white picket fence. When tragedy struck and she lost the most important people in her life, she turned away from everything she loved before; shutting out every reminder of the perfect life she lost.

It has been one ye
Published (first published April 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Just One Song, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

3.5- 4 Sweeeeeet Stars!

This is exactly what this book was- soo very sweeet!

Nicole is empty... Why? Because she lost everything in her life that mattered to her.
Her husband- the love of her life Mark
Her Son- The light of her life- Andrew

After her husband and son meet up in an accident and die Nicole is so very alone.

Its been one year, three months, one week and six days since the accident and Nicole is ready to stop counting the says she's survived and begin living again...

On her first night ou
Talltree
Jun 02, 2017 Talltree rated it really liked it
Sweet, sexy and low angst romance about a h who had suffered a loss and laidback rockstar H? I was pleasantly surprised how the book dealt with a tragic situation or the paparazzi-sensational happenings in a classy, non-exploitative way, leaving the excessive drama out of it. Enjoyable read!

4 stars!
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
This was a really sweet story. It's low on angst, and has a hero and heroine that you want to root for. There is a lot to love. I enjoyed watching Nicole come back to life after such a huge loss, and there is no doubt that Zack was the perfect hero.

There were a few minor things that kept this, for me, from being a four or five star read.

Some of this is spoiler-ish, so proceed with caution.

- Zack was a little too perfect. Seriously, he never does or says anything but the absolute best thing in
Rejane
I have nothing to say. Actually I do: predictable, boring and the plot being a grieving mother/wife there was zero emotion here. I felt only annoyance when she talked or remembered the deceased ones. Besides her inability to speak, think of words to say or not being able to form a coherent thought. Dumb and dumber.
Liz
Apr 23, 2014 Liz rated it did not like it
Shelves: rock-band, widow
Dull, boring, sad.

Woman who lost her husband and young son in tragic car accident finds love with rock star. Even the sex was boring in this.
Jul 06, 2014 Laura rated it it was ok
When I started this free read it seemed promising but then it just peters out and drags and becomes predictable (it's so obvious she'll become the keyboard player).

The emotional impact that Nicole's history is supposed to generate fell flat for me. There wasn't enough background about how happy and in love she had been and whilst we read a little of her husband, the son wasn't mentioned much or how upset she as a mother was to lose her son.

As for Zack he was just far too nice and understanding.
Anna
Jul 13, 2014 Anna rated it really liked it
Sweet and sexy ❤ ...more
Dana
Apr 21, 2013 Dana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! Finally a book where the guy doesn't sleep around and the girl isn't a whinger!!
I absolutely adore zack and Nicole.
Nicole's story is heart wrenching! What she goes through is devastating. But she is such a strong character and doesn't bitch and moan.
Zach.. Oh Zach!! What a beautiful man!! It was such a relief to read about a guy who is so in love with someone that it prevents him from doing stupid things.
This book was well written too and the supporting characters fantastic.
A MUST READ
Mandy
Jan 02, 2014 Mandy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Really enjoyed this book. I really liked the main character, Nicole. She suffered a terrible loss when her husband and son died but she was really strong and worked on moving on in her life and finding love again. I also loved Zack. Who doesn't love a sexy rock star? Nicole's best friend Mia is awesome and I'm so glad book 2 is about her and Chase!
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
Stories like this one is nothing new if you're an avid New Adult reader like myself, you'll get the idea of a very weak heroine being saved by a strong (mostly handsome, rock star guys) guy that would make her happy and they'll live happily ever after fighting all their battles. Just One Song never did fall out from that line though - it was familiar yet something about it would make you stick with it through the end.

When I read, its so usual for me to get first impressions as I start and furthe
Tonya
Apr 16, 2013 Tonya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Initially I made up my mind this would be a4 star read mainly because it was a love at first sight thing and although I am a hopeless romantic I don't do love at first sight but toward the end I changed because it was just to frigging sweet. I loved all of the characters especially Zack and Nicole, who are the main ones but Nicole's friend Mia was awesome as well.
A story of love lost, grief, letting to of the past, finding yourself and finding happiness.

Nicole lost so much already and along with
Sky's Readings
5 star it's just not enough for this story. I fell in love with Zack and Nicole.It was a beautiful heartbreking book.

5/5****
5 csillag,de csak azért mert nem lehet többet adni. Áhh,nem is tudom mivel kezdjem. Egyszerűen elvarázsolt,és most nehéz lesz olyan könyvet találni,ami legalább egy kicsit megközelíti ezt.
Aranyos,kedves,szívet melengető történet a szerelemről,vesztességről és a második esélyről.
Zack És Nicole már a legelső pillanattól fogva elvarázsol. Nem tudod nem szeretni őket.
Nicoln
Windy
Mar 14, 2013 Windy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 to 4 sweet love at 1st sight hearts<3<3<3<3this was a super sweet story of the sexy rock star falling for the no name broken girl it had no real drama except for the the bitch ex girlfriend i enjoyed Zack and Nichols story love in music photo: Music Is Love Music_Is_Love.jpg true love photo: true love tl.gifZack  photo jared_leto_zps976e24f3.jpgNic  photo NinaDobrev_zpsd8fe5248.jpg  photo FindingLove_zpsae80b341.jpg
Natalie
Mar 25, 2013 Natalie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beta, owned
This story was so awesome. It is the perfect love story with heartbreak thrown in before during and after. It is hard to put down. Tragedy struck Nicole and she is shattered. She needs to live again and her best friend and her go to dinner. She accepts a bet to get a guy to buy her a drink. From there the love story grows as Nicole doesn't recognize Zack who is a rock star. Zack has never met someone who doesn't use him for his status. It is impossible not to fall in love with Zack or Nicole. I ...more
Nicla
Sep 14, 2015 Nicla rated it really liked it
Good low angst and very sweet rockstar romance.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW (view spoiler)
Angst Level: Low 3/10
Heat Level: Medium 6/10
Anna

Felt too insta for me. The idea was good though, story's just not good enough.
Apr 24, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Just One Song is Stacey Lynn's debut novel and she did an amazing job. Just One Song is a love story about grief and loss, and the guilt and fear of moving on from that loss.

Nicole Parsons had the perfect life, but unfortunately tragedy struck and took it all away from her. It is now one year, 3 months and 1 week later and Nicole still feels numb inside. For the past 15 months she has been going through the motions of everyday life trying to survive, but has not felt "alive" since that
*The Angry Reader*
Made it to 25%. Generic. Sad chick meets rock star. Same sentences I've read 1000 times. Done-zo
Hollie
Sweet love story - No great angst or drama

This was one of those reads that’s just almost too sweet. It works though.

The pros:
* This was a complete story - no cliffhangers
* No unnecessary drama (no cheating, scandals, backstabbing, etc)
* The hero in this read was quite charming
* I liked how the heroine faced adversity and dark times but got a second chance at love
* I nice read where you get your HEA
* This was listed as a freebie on Amazon at my time of purchase. That’s a gesture very much apprec
Kim Person
Mar 14, 2013 Kim Person rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Emotional journey of the sweetest kind ~ 5 +++++ stars for this beautifully written book that will have you on your knees praying for Nic to heal and loving every freaking minute of the sexy as all get out Zack ~ This is book demands tissues, squeeeeeees and jumping around with giddiness ~ I will post full review later ~ comes out April 16th ~ HIGHLY recommend I can't wait to read it again :)
R. Holmes
Jul 02, 2014 R. Holmes rated it it was amazing
Absoloutely loved this! Such a sweet read.
Felecia Hickman- amaya
Tragically Beautiful Love story . This book is amazing I laughed I cried . I love Zack so glad he brought her to happiness .
Ruthie
May 06, 2013 Ruthie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book like it was a slow dance that you never wanted to end. Was absolutely beautiful.
Kent
Jan 26, 2017 Kent rated it liked it
Shelves: adult
I really enjoyed this story, but there were soooo many typos. :(
Laura's Book Addiction
I really enjoyed this novel. I cried quiet a bit but a good read only downside I thought the epilogue was to short!!!
Varied Books
Jun 02, 2017 Varied Books marked it as on-kindle-to-read
Shelves: kindle-freebie
6/2/17 Ammy freebie
Sadie Bissett
"It has been one year, three months, one week and six days since the accident."

Wow... Just One Song was such a beautiful love story, I loved every moment of it. I have read other reviews that stated that it seemed to be insta-love, but it really wasn't like that. There was an instant attraction that seemed like it was more than just lust. But I think everyone has felt like that at least once before; that if given the opportunity, that attraction could become so much more, in fact, it could becom
Lucia
Jan 28, 2014 Lucia rated it really liked it
Shelves: sad-but-cute
Creo que Me enamoré!
me encantó este libro. Pienso que Nicole es el personaje mas fuerte del que alguna vez haya leído. Su historia es muy trágica pero ella sabe que se merece un final feliz y creo que eso la ayuda a superar sus "miedos" y volver a vivir aunque sabemos que es muy difícil después de lo que pasó. Siento mucha admiración por Nicole, si yo hubiese estado en su lugar creo que no podría haber salido adelante.

Lo que si me quedó muy claro es que sin Zack♥ ella no hubiese podido volver a
Danielle
This novel was predictable and even for a love story, a little too dramatic.

It's an easy read but the main character - Nicole, explains everything even when it's easy to figure out. For example, 'I was crying because it is sad'. Obviously. If you are talking about a sad event that still upsets you, the reason for crying is because you are sad.

Now, how to put this sensitively. Nicole is an emotional wreck and with reason, she lost her husband and son in a tragic car crash and since, is trying to
Need Recommendation for a book(s). 1 1 Oct 24, 2016 08:02AM
  • Incidental Happenstance
  • Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)
  • Irresistible Refrain (Tempest, #1; Black Cat Records, #4)
  • Translation of Love (Of Love, #1)
  • Fury (The Sound Wave Series, #1)
  • Lifeless (Lifeless, #1)
  • When I Look to the Sky (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #2)
  • Access Restricted (Access, #2)
  • Jaded (Rock Star, #1)
  • Love Exactly
  • Battlescars: A Rock & Roll Romance (Battlescars, #1)
  • Out From Under (The Lovers Duet, #1)
  • Epic (Fierce, #3)
  • Star Struck (Star Struck, #1)
  • Learn to Fly
  • Rock'n Tapestries (Rock'n Tapestries, #1)
  • Who He Is (FireNine, #1)
  • Unexpected (Unexpected, #1)

Just One Song (4 books)
  • Just One Week (Just One Song, #2)
  • Just One Regret (Just One Song #3)
  • Just One Moment (Just One Song #4)

“I question briefly if Mia is right. Am I running just because I’m afraid of a new relationship? I shake my head at myself in the bathroom as I pack up all my toiletries. That’s not it at all. I should have given more thought to what a relationship with Zack would mean before I ever stepped foot on this bus. If I would have been thinking clearly and not listening to Mia, I never would have come. And none of this would be happening.” 0 likes