Start by marking “Return to Audubon Springs (Brothers of Audubon Springs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Return to Audubon Springs (Brothers of Audubon Springs, #1)

Return to Audubon Springs (Brothers of Audubon Springs #1)

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  276 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
When Emma Grant returns to her family's Audubon Springs beach house to fulfill the stipulations of her father's will, she has every intention of forcing her former lover out of the house for good. She's never fit into her wealthy family and would prefer avoiding her past, but with her brother threatening to reveal her young daughter, she has no choice.

Rafe Iuliano has othe
Published September 22nd 2013 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Return to Audubon Springs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Audubon Springs

Maria
Oct 03, 2013 Maria rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable book by this debut author. There were many comedic moments to this reunion story that had me laughing out loud. Realistic conflict and heat between Rafe and Emma that has me looking forward to the next book in this series.
Robena Grant
Oct 27, 2013 Robena Grant rated it it was amazing
This is an emotionally packed story that had me enthralled with the main characters, being frustrated by them, wanting to shake sense into them, and alternatively loving them and feeling the pain they both were going through. What started out as anger, pride, revenge for wrongdoings and slights from the past, plus a battle over property, soon became a second chance at love. Then an awful truth was revealed and all hope for a HEA was dashed. It took a third chance, and maturity from both sides, t ...more
Barb Han
Sep 27, 2013 Barb Han rated it it was amazing
A contract brings Emma back to her family's summer home in Audubon Springs, but it's her big secret that shreds her heart. Ex-love (who is beyond-ohmygawd-sexy) Rafe is determined to make the half-house he inherited home, but can it ever feel whole without Emma?

I love a good reunion story, and this one was great!!

The sexual tension sparks off the page, but it's the heart of this story that kept me reading long past my bedtime. Can't wait to read more from this author.
J.B.
Oct 06, 2013 J.B. rated it it was amazing
Funny moments, touching moments, great sassy dialogue! DeFranco's strength is dialogue, and it especially shines during "fight scenes" --and I don't mean physical fights, I mean the back and forth banter between the heroine and hero! I love a book with good side characters too, and just adore the hero's mama! Strong women, strong men, and strong mama's--what's not to love?
Rachel
Return to Audubon Springs is about a woman named Emma that wants her families house back and tries to mess with her ex-lover Rafe into giving the house back since her father gave it to both of them.

Let's start with Emma

She's a likable character that fell completely flat for me. I liked that she has a stable career, she seems like a kind mother, and her act of trying to be a spoiled brat was funny. On the other hand she's kind of annoying because she whines all the time. There really isn't much t
Bette Stanek
Apr 16, 2014 Bette Stanek rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Updating this to a solid 4 messy pancake stars based on cuteness, humor, history of relationship, and dialogue. There is some pretty funny stuff in here! This is a quick and fun read that's sorta reminiscent of Sweet Home Alabama.

The Iuliano family sounds super fun and I'd love to get to know them. The Grants? Not so much. At least not Daniel or Joan. The relationship between Rafe and Emma began when they were 10 and 7, went through lots of changes, and now has a chance to become what they once
Joanna Shupe
Sep 29, 2013 Joanna Shupe rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were well drawn and I loved the backdrop of the Jersey Shore (minus Snooki, of course). The conflict was believable and the dialogue is witty and fun. This was a great story by a promising debut author. I can't wait for more!
JLC
Jul 14, 2015 JLC rated it liked it
Shelves: scribd-available

2.5 - This was OK. I probably would have enjoyed it better if there wasn't so much animosity between the couple.
description
Genre: Contemporary
Page Count: 248 pages
Ages: Ahh... I forget. Late 20s/early 30s. ???
Standalone/Cliffhanger: Reads as a STANDALONE since each book features a different main couple.
Part of a Series/Installment: Yes - bk1 to the Brothers of Audubon Springs series.
M/F-M/M-M/M/F-etc: (view spoiler)
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descri
Joy
Nov 11, 2013 Joy rated it really liked it

188 pages

When an author draws on humour within the first few pages and adds some spicy sexual tension I’m encouraged to read on.

Three years later Emma has reluctantly returned to her family’s seven million dollar summer home to stake half her claim in the property as per the conditions of her father’s will. There’s just a tiny problem, no actually there’s a big problem in the form of ex-lover and smexy carpenter Rafael Iuliano who now owns the other half. Emma has no idea why her father willed h
Nia Simone
Nov 05, 2013 Nia Simone rated it it was amazing
With reunited lovers, a secret baby, returning to a small town, lovers from different socio-economic worlds, this book touched on many themes that I enjoy reading.

Emma returns to a beautiful family house left to her as an inheritance with a big catch. She has to live there for 2 weeks a year and share the house with her very sexy ex-lover, Rafe.

She tries to make Rafe leave by driving him crazy. Her ruse of being on a macrobiotic diet in order to drive him crazy had me laughing out loud. But des
Melody Cox
Apr 01, 2016 Melody Cox rated it it was amazing

***4.5 Stars***

This is the first book in RoseAnn DeFranco's series 'Brothers of Audubon Springs' and in my opinion the best of the three (although it has the lowest rating) with the second book coming in a close second.

I truly enjoyed this read and was drawn into the story quickly. I love most any book when a secret child is involved.
Jaye Marie Rome
Jan 25, 2014 Jaye Marie Rome rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Set at the Jersey Shore, it already had me hooked. The author sets the tone from the first page, that this is going to be a fun read. Great humor, sexy, hunky hero (and a regular guy, to boot). A heroine who is her own worst enemy in some ways, but with a heart of gold she is trying to protect at all costs. The one thing that keeps them apart more than anything else, but is also the thing that draws them together and makes them realize they belong with each other.

I really want
Shannon Godwin
Jan 29, 2014 Shannon Godwin rated it it was amazing
I totally loved this book. I laughed and cried! it does not drag along and boy it will keep you interested. I will be looking up more of her books. this is totally one of my favorite reads. I can't say enough about this book.
Romancing the Book
Jun 09, 2015 Romancing the Book rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Allison
Book provided by the author
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

Jersey Girl Emma Grant returns to Audubon Springs where some of her best memories were made, along with the man who broke her heart three years ago. She has to spend two weeks in the beach house she inherited from her father in order to fulfill the will’s stipulations. But the fly in the ointment: her dad also left the house to Rafe Iuliano, the heartbreaker in her past. Emma has sworn to harden her heart and no
Lynn
Nov 07, 2013 Lynn rated it really liked it
Emma returns to the beach because she is obligated to spend two weeks every two years per her fathers will. But Rafe is living there. Cruel words were said and she left, returned to college and trying to forget Rafe. But now her force to return or lose her share of the house since her father had left the other half to Rafe. But she had another secret to why she could not return. Would it bring Emma and Rafe back together or tear them apart forever?
Emma
Oct 25, 2013 Emma rated it it was amazing
This book was a lot of fun to read. Lots of light, fun moments but with serious issues at the core of the romance. While I'm normally not a fan of secret baby books, I thought this one was well done. I believed in the heroine's motivation for keeping the secret and was still able to like the character and root for her happy ending. I enjoyed the time I spent in Audubon Springs and I look forward to more books by this author.
Zee Monodee
Jan 09, 2014 Zee Monodee rated it liked it

Part soap opera, part sitcom - that's a lot what the scenes in this book felt like. One minute it's a sweeping family saga, then the next, you're in the closed confines of the house...and a food fight breaks!

Over the top? Yes. Somewhat silly? Yes. Funny? Indeed. Interesting? Resounding yes!

I'll admit much of the conflict spun out of and around misunderstandings that a good, honest conversation would've cleared a long time ago, but the author makes this 'flaw' work to her advantage when
Michele Mannon
Oct 07, 2013 Michele Mannon rated it it was amazing
A fun read, especially the quick witty exchanges between the hero and heroine. Set at the Jersey shore, the story was well developed and entertaining.

Hope to read more by this author.
Tina Gabrielle
Jan 20, 2015 Tina Gabrielle rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this debut. Emma is a great heroine and her motivations are strong when she returns to her family beach house to get rid of her former lover. Rafe is sexy and what every woman wants in a romance hero. A fun read!
Sharon Lam
Jan 15, 2016 Sharon Lam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Sweet Love Story

Return to Audubon Springs is a sweet love story with plenty of passion and pathos. Enjoyable to read and tempting to read the next in the series.
Joy Matteson
Jul 08, 2014 Joy Matteson rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, hilarious, weird
Not as cliche as some romance novels, but there was a lot of weird face licking that the hero would do randomly when he was talking with the heroine. Ugh. Just no.
Ang
Apr 20, 2014 Ang rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
A fun romance with a few tugs at the heart when Emma & Rafe go through their struggles. Kept me interested to the end of the story. A delightful read
Diana Quincy
Nov 01, 2013 Diana Quincy rated it it was amazing
This is a fun, romantic read where the hero and heroine, Rafe and Emma, try to one-up each other in the battle over a beach house both of have inherited. Complicating matters is that these two were each others' first love and the romance did not end well. Some of the scenes are laugh-out-loud funny and the romance is both sweet and sexy. The stakes are raised when Rafe learns Emma's secret and what follows is probably my favorite part of the story. The secondary characters are very appealing and ...more
Nancy Herman
Nov 19, 2015 Nancy Herman rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this romantic beach romance.Loved the main characters and rooted for them to work through all their problems.
Nicole
Feb 20, 2014 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Loved it! great read!
Jean Browne
Jan 29, 2014 Jean Browne rated it liked it
Nice light read, I read it in one day. It didn't pretend to be more then it was.
Laurie
Nov 21, 2013 Laurie rated it liked it
For the most part I thought the book was well written. At times I did think the plot was moving too slowly. It did pick up for me about half way through. I think my frustration with the book was that I never really felt sympathetic towards Emma. In her mind she had reasons for what she did but I felt she took too long to reveal what she needed to.
I did enjoy Rafe's talks with both his dad, and his mom. The closeness of his family was a definite positive for me.
Teresa Rosenberg
Nov 17, 2013 Teresa Rosenberg rated it liked it
This book was a little bit silly, and I couldn't relate very well to the characters (I thought they both made some pretty silly, immature choices that just made me shake my head in frustration), but all in all, it wasn't a bad read, and in the end, the story itself was actually pretty poignant. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a bit of brain candy; it'd be a great beach read.
Rebecca
May 14, 2014 Rebecca rated it it was ok
Predictable, trite, a couple so immature they won't make it this time, either. It was free, you get what you pay for.
Ila
Nov 07, 2013 Ila rated it liked it
very sweet book with the usual assortment of good and bad character. a fun book to read with an ending that is expected on many ways bit with a bot of a locker
  • Ride the Rainbow Home
  • Wayward Son (Texas Wildfire, #2)
  • Loveable Christmas Angel (Angels with Attitude, #3)
  • Without You- A Christmas Short Story
  • Christmas Unplugged
  • This Fire (Contemporary Erotic Romance)
  • Mountain Song
  • Thunder Snow (Thunder on the Mountain, #1)
  • Two Turtle Island Doves (Turtle Island, #2.5)
  • A Suitable Wife (Sweetwater Springs, #1)
  • Kissing Santa
  • Healing His Heart
  • Forever in My Heart (Tangled Hearts, #2)
  • Texas Two Step: The Prequel
  • One Night Stand (The Martin Family, #1)
  • Legally Wed
  • Second Chance Cowboy (Second Chances, #1)
  • Lost and Found: The Complete Series
RoseAnn DeFranco grew up in upstate NY with her nose in a book and a song in her heart. Following the pursuit of a musical theatre career in NYC, she turned her creative energy to writing funny, steamy romance with heart. A NJ shore transplant, she enjoys time spent at the beach with her family and would love to one day live in a quaint shore town like the fictional town from her BROTHERS OF AUDUB ...more
More about RoseAnn DeFranco...

Brothers of Audubon Springs (3 books)
  • Secondhand Romance (Brothers of Audubon Springs, #2)
  • The Right Chord (Brothers of Audubon Springs, #3)