Return to Audubon Springs (Brothers of Audubon Springs, #1)

Return to Audubon Springs (Brothers of Audubon Springs #1)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  157 ratings  ·  23 reviews
When Emma Grant returns to her family's Audubon Springs beach house to fulfill the stipulations of her father's will, she has every intention of forcing her former lover out of the house for good. She's never fit into her wealthy family and would prefer avoiding her past, but with her brother threatening to reveal her young daughter, she has no choice.

Rafe Iuliano has othe...more
Published September 22nd 2013 by The Wild Rose Press

Maria
An enjoyable book by this debut author. There were many comedic moments to this reunion story that had me laughing out loud. Realistic conflict and heat between Rafe and Emma that has me looking forward to the next book in this series.
Robena Grant
This is an emotionally packed story that had me enthralled with the main characters, being frustrated by them, wanting to shake sense into them, and alternatively loving them and feeling the pain they both were going through. What started out as anger, pride, revenge for wrongdoings and slights from the past, plus a battle over property, soon became a second chance at love. Then an awful truth was revealed and all hope for a HEA was dashed. It took a third chance, and maturity from both sides, t...more
Barb Han
A contract brings Emma back to her family's summer home in Audubon Springs, but it's her big secret that shreds her heart. Ex-love (who is beyond-ohmygawd-sexy) Rafe is determined to make the half-house he inherited home, but can it ever feel whole without Emma?

I love a good reunion story, and this one was great!!

The sexual tension sparks off the page, but it's the heart of this story that kept me reading long past my bedtime. Can't wait to read more from this author.
Jenna
Funny moments, touching moments, great sassy dialogue! DeFranco's strength is dialogue, and it especially shines during "fight scenes" --and I don't mean physical fights, I mean the back and forth banter between the heroine and hero! I love a book with good side characters too, and just adore the hero's mama! Strong women, strong men, and strong mama's--what's not to love?
Rachel
Return to Audubon Springs is about a woman named Emma that wants her families house back and tries to mess with her ex-lover Rafe into giving the house back since her father gave it to both of them.

Let's start with Emma

She's a likable character that fell completely flat for me. I liked that she has a stable career, she seems like a kind mother, and her act of trying to be a spoiled brat was funny. On the other hand she's kind of annoying because she whines all the time. There really isn't much t...more
Bette Stanek
Updating this to a solid 4 messy pancake stars based on cuteness, humor, history of relationship, and dialogue. There is some pretty funny stuff in here! This is a quick and fun read that's sorta reminiscent of Sweet Home Alabama.

The Iuliano family sounds super fun and I'd love to get to know them. The Grants? Not so much. At least not Daniel or Joan. The relationship between Rafe and Emma began when they were 10 and 7, went through lots of changes, and now has a chance to become what they once...more
Joanna Shupe
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were well drawn and I loved the backdrop of the Jersey Shore (minus Snooki, of course). The conflict was believable and the dialogue is witty and fun. This was a great story by a promising debut author. I can't wait for more!
Joy

188 pages

When an author draws on humour within the first few pages and adds some spicy sexual tension I’m encouraged to read on.

Three years later Emma has reluctantly returned to her family’s seven million dollar summer home to stake half her claim in the property as per the conditions of her father’s will. There’s just a tiny problem, no actually there’s a big problem in the form of ex-lover and smexy carpenter Rafael Iuliano who now owns the other half. Emma has no idea why her father willed h...more
Nia Simone
With reunited lovers, a secret baby, returning to a small town, lovers from different socio-economic worlds, this book touched on many themes that I enjoy reading.

Emma returns to a beautiful family house left to her as an inheritance with a big catch. She has to live there for 2 weeks a year and share the house with her very sexy ex-lover, Rafe.

She tries to make Rafe leave by driving him crazy. Her ruse of being on a macrobiotic diet in order to drive him crazy had me laughing out loud. But des...more
Jaye Marie Rome
I loved this book. Set at the Jersey Shore, it already had me hooked. The author sets the tone from the first page, that this is going to be a fun read. Great humor, sexy, hunky hero (and a regular guy, to boot). A heroine who is her own worst enemy in some ways, but with a heart of gold she is trying to protect at all costs. The one thing that keeps them apart more than anything else, but is also the thing that draws them together and makes them realize they belong with each other.

I really want...more
Shannon Godwin
I totally loved this book. I laughed and cried! it does not drag along and boy it will keep you interested. I will be looking up more of her books. this is totally one of my favorite reads. I can't say enough about this book.
Lynn
Emma returns to the beach because she is obligated to spend two weeks every two years per her fathers will. But Rafe is living there. Cruel words were said and she left, returned to college and trying to forget Rafe. But now her force to return or lose her share of the house since her father had left the other half to Rafe. But she had another secret to why she could not return. Would it bring Emma and Rafe back together or tear them apart forever?
Emma
This book was a lot of fun to read. Lots of light, fun moments but with serious issues at the core of the romance. While I'm normally not a fan of secret baby books, I thought this one was well done. I believed in the heroine's motivation for keeping the secret and was still able to like the character and root for her happy ending. I enjoyed the time I spent in Audubon Springs and I look forward to more books by this author.
Mia Lansford
Rafe and Emma's story is fun and emotional. I love her return to the house and losing her shoe. I think my favorite scene is Rafe catching the fish. What I enjoyed most about this story was I could visualize every scene. It is so well described the hero and heroine's moves were easy to see. I'd recommend RTAS to anybody who enjoys the jersey shore. It is a perfect romance for this setting.
Zee Monodee

Part soap opera, part sitcom - that's a lot what the scenes in this book felt like. One minute it's a sweeping family saga, then the next, you're in the closed confines of the house...and a food fight breaks!

Over the top? Yes. Somewhat silly? Yes. Funny? Indeed. Interesting? Resounding yes!

I'll admit much of the conflict spun out of and around misunderstandings that a good, honest conversation would've cleared a long time ago, but the author makes this 'flaw' work to her advantage when...more
Michele Mannon
A fun read, especially the quick witty exchanges between the hero and heroine. Set at the Jersey shore, the story was well developed and entertaining.

Hope to read more by this author.
Joy Matteson
Not as cliche as some romance novels, but there was a lot of weird face licking that the hero would do randomly when he was talking with the heroine. Ugh. Just no.
Ang
A fun romance with a few tugs at the heart when Emma & Rafe go through their struggles. Kept me interested to the end of the story. A delightful read
Diana Quincy
This is a fun, romantic read where the hero and heroine, Rafe and Emma, try to one-up each other in the battle over a beach house both of have inherited. Complicating matters is that these two were each others' first love and the romance did not end well. Some of the scenes are laugh-out-loud funny and the romance is both sweet and sexy. The stakes are raised when Rafe learns Emma's secret and what follows is probably my favorite part of the story. The secondary characters are very appealing and...more
Nicole
Loved it! great read!
Jean Browne
Nice light read, I read it in one day. It didn't pretend to be more then it was.
Laurie
For the most part I thought the book was well written. At times I did think the plot was moving too slowly. It did pick up for me about half way through. I think my frustration with the book was that I never really felt sympathetic towards Emma. In her mind she had reasons for what she did but I felt she took too long to reveal what she needed to.
I did enjoy Rafe's talks with both his dad, and his mom. The closeness of his family was a definite positive for me.
Teresa Rosenberg
This book was a little bit silly, and I couldn't relate very well to the characters (I thought they both made some pretty silly, immature choices that just made me shake my head in frustration), but all in all, it wasn't a bad read, and in the end, the story itself was actually pretty poignant. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a bit of brain candy; it'd be a great beach read.
Rebecca
Predictable, trite, a couple so immature they won't make it this time, either. It was free, you get what you pay for.
Ila
very sweet book with the usual assortment of good and bad character. a fun book to read with an ending that is expected on many ways bit with a bot of a locker
Black Butterfly
Nov 09, 2013 Black Butterfly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: BOOKBUB
Shelves: romance
A VERY SWEET, HOT ROMANTIC READ. CHARACTERS WERE WELL DEVELOPED, STORYLINE WAS VERY CUTE, FUNNY AND SERIOUS AT TIMES. NICE LIGHT READ. ;D
Laura is currently reading it
Jul 30, 2014
Moretta (Meetta)
Moretta (Meetta) marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Phuong
Phuong marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Sara
Sara added it
Jul 28, 2014
  • Ride the Rainbow Home (Avalon Career Romance)
  • Welcome to Paradise (The Kincaids, #1)
  • Negotiation Tactics (Sutton Capital, #3)
  • Marrying Cade
  • Thunder Snow (Thunder on the Mountain, #1)
  • Secret Words (Secret Dreams, #1)
  • The New Ever After (The New Ever After Series, #2)
  • Momentary Marriage
  • Texas Secrets: The Gallaghers of Morning Star (Texas Heroes, #1)
  • Love Gone to the Dogs
  • Mountain Song
  • Getting Lucky (The Marilyns, #2)
  • Kiss Me, Dancer (Dance ‘n’ Luv, #1)
  • Freshwater Kisses: A Billionaire Love Story (The Kisses Series, #4)
  • A Rare Vintage (Wine Country Romance)
  • Loveable Christmas Angel (Angels with Attitude, #3)
  • The House on Persimmon Road
  • All or Nothing (The Coxwells, #4)
RoseAnn DeFranco grew up in upstate NY with her nose in a book and a song in her heart. Following the pursuit of a musical theatre career in NYC, she turned her creative energy to writing funny, steamy romance with heart. RoseAnn blogs about her writing experiences with her wildly talented critique partners at www.thevioletfemmes.com. A NJ shore transplant, she enjoys time spent at the beach with...more
More about RoseAnn DeFranco...
Secondhand Romance (Brothers of Audubon Springs, #2)