Start by marking “The Honor Of A Highlander (MacKinnon Clan, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Honor Of A Highlander (MacKinnon Clan, #1)

The Honor Of A Highlander (MacKinnon Clan #1)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A Novella

Laird Rory MacKinnon set out to join William Wallace after discovering an imminent threat that the English have planned an attack. Raised as a warrior, he has given his heart and soul to fight for Scotland’s freedom, until he meets a lass who has captured his heart like no other, Lady Annella. After a brutal attack on her land, Rory discovers that Annella has bee
Paperback, 1st Edition, 194 pages
Published September 2013 by April Holthaus

To ask other readers questions about The Honor Of A Highlander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Honor Of A Highlander

Rhonda
AMAZING HIGHLAND DEBUT

This book is a debut for the author, and a fine debut it is. The story grabs your attention from the first pages and holds tight through till the end of the last page.

The story is set in the Highlands in Scotland during the time of William Wallace. The hero saves the heroine the first night he actually sees her and the two are entwined from there. The heroine has some really tough times in her past and ahead of her, but she is strong and capable enough to endure. The hero
Kristina
The Honor of a Highlander, in my previous experience with Highlander stories, was sub-par at best. Annella had promise, but was hard-brained and brash without having a reason to be. It aggravated me how Annella kept wanting 'revenge' and 'daringly' escaped without being caught. You'd think, with them being under watch, the guards and even Rory would make sure no one would go in or out of the castle until the threat is over. Annella seems like a child, rather than a woman who would know not to go ...more
Vicki Lake
The Honor of a Highlander is a wonderful novella! I loved Lady Annella’s character. She is a strong, independent and beautiful young woman who does not want to marry a man for the sake of being wed, she wants to find love. Her father is running out of patience and wants her to be wed soon. With a war raging, Laird Rory MacKinnon has stopped to ask Annella’s father for men to aid in the battle and some supplies. What Rory did not bargain for was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes on. ...more
Kimi Court
I got this book last month. I won a gift card at FB party and decided since it was April who gave It to me I should get her book. I was so not disappointed after reading this book. It is action, romance, chivalry, funny, and lots more. I loved it from beginning to end. The characters are spot on, I can't say enough about this book. Why am I praising it so? Well because I honestly didn't think it would be a great book. So I was so surprised by it. I couldn't put it down, The book had me from the ...more
Danielle
I'm normally not a novella reader, but I enjoyed this book. It didn't feel rushed, had a nice storyline and sweet love story.
Lisa C.
This seemed like it was quickly written and could be a draft for a longer novel. The characters are very generic, not a lot of development. Rory, torn between his loyalty to his clan and the woman of his dreams. She vows never to marry until she sees the very handsome Rory. There are traitors, a kidnapping, an unbelievable rescue and decently written romance.

Typical and predictable but unbelievable in parts. It would be a good read for the beach.
Vikki
The Honor of A Highlander is April Holthaus's debut novella. A fast paced, brilliant Scottish love story. I highly enjoyed this story. April did a great job with Annella and Rory's characters. Undoubtedly, I could feel their heartache and joy throughout the story. Well written and fast paced, April kept me entertained.

Laird Rory MacKinnon is a true Highlander warrior, in his quest for freeing Scotland from English rule he has ended up at the MacCallum clan castle asking for their aid in the war.
Jenna Clemmerson
A smooth read, the prefect combination of action and romance. A sweet, honorable seduction with the perfect ending!
InD'Tale Magazine
“The Honor of a Highlander” is a short novella (under 200 pages) with all the expected ingredients of a highland romance, which should be comforting and familiar to readers of the genre.

Read full review in the 2014 February issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Kristen
Amateurish writing, and truly appalling grammar.
Kathy
Love the brogue.
Patricia Sroka
The Honor of a Highlander: A Novella (Volume 1) (Paperback)
I loved this book! This is the Author's first book and she has an indescribable talent. I am anxious for her next book. The story was full of excitement and suspense. It was heartwarming as well as heartbreaking bringing smiles and tears. I loved the flavor of the Scottish brogue in the writing. It was an on the edge of your seat kind of story. I finished it in less than 3 hours. I couldn't put it down.
Nicole Laverdure
I love discovering new authors and their books. The Honor of a Highlander is April Holthaus's debut book! The story is fast paced, I really liked the time period! I loved her characters Rory MacKinnon and Annella; the intrigue was well developed! It is a good Scottish adventure full of suspense and romance. Again, since it is a Scottish adventure, the story is about a beautiful heroine and an alpha male warrior! It's a good highlander read!
Candace
Sep 28, 2013 Candace rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
The Honor of a Highlander was an amazing read, I bought the book on Wednesday and was finished with it early thursday morning, i was captured but the story from the first page, The Author April Holthaus has a real talent for writing and I can't wait for the next in the series..
Beth Sheehe
Congratulations for you debut book, you nailed it. What a great story about Rory ( the hunky highlander hero ) and Annella ( the beautiful heroine ) Can't wait to read your next one when it comes out. You have a great future ahead of you as writer.
Carolyn
i thought this was a really good debut book.
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Paula Easton
Paula Easton marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Linda Carrigan
Linda Carrigan marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
April lives in central Minnesota with her husband and son. April developed her passion of historical romances from her love of history and geneaology. She has complied over 350+ grandparents of her direct bloodline dating back to 1100s.

Follow her on her facebook page: www.facebook.com/author.april.holthaus
More about April Holthaus...
Escape To The Highlands (MacKinnon Clan, #2) Highland Daydreams (MacKinnon Clan, #3)