Start by marking “The Time Druids” as Want to Read:
The Time Druids

The Time Druids

What was the secret of Mandrake Island? It lay out in the creek, forbidding and deserted. On one side of the water rose the huge Defence Base, where modern weapons were made and tested. On the opposite shore stood an old village which progress had left behind.

One man believed Mandrake Island to be the hide-out of a creature from outer space. Some said the place was haunted
Published 1978 by Robert Hale Ltd

To ask other readers questions about The Time Druids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Time Druids

Peter Greenwell
Jul 27, 2015 Peter Greenwell rated it really liked it
Another one of these virtually anonymous Hale hardcovers of yore. It's hit and miss with a lot of these and I'm happy to say this one is a hit for the most part.

It's a goofy story at face value but one that works as the author makes his people and places that much more believable.

Great fun.
Mary
Sep 24, 2013 Mary rated it liked it
Shelves: all-my-hardbacks
I got this for 15p from the library back in the late eighties. It is written in quite an old-fashioned style, if not for some of the fashions, artifacts etc, it could be Edwardian.

I enjoyed the way he brought the two worlds together and implanted the paranoia of the time (Cold War etc).