Start by marking “The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature” as Want to Read:
The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature

The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature

-- Beautifully detailed, informative illustrations introduce the world of nature-- Simple text encourages young children to read for themselves
Published June 1st 1993 by Educational Development Corporation (first published September 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature

Apr 24, 2009 Laura rated it it was amazing
This Science book is very appealing to young kids...although my older kids are enjoying it just as much! Not only are the illustrations great, but I like how the information and chapters are set up. There are fun hidden things on each page, and each section ends with a fun puzzle. Each chapter has a picture in the corner, that if you flip the pages animates it. (I loved those as a kid!) A winner for our Science school, all around.
Lisa
Jul 29, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lisa by: Sonlight Homeschool Curriculum
Shelves: science
This is a great introduction to the plant and animal world for young children with lots of colorful illustrations. It also includes fun, easy activities throughout the book to keep young minds busy, including "find the hidden picture," matching puzzles, and charming flip-page animations. My daughter loved this book when she was a kindergartner, even though she does not have a strong interest in nature.
Heather
Jun 04, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it
This is a general overview of many nature subjects. Best for younger kids or to use as a jumping off point for further study. Excellent illustrations. Has many hidden pictures throughout which my kids loved.

We usually use this in kindergarten. All the kids really enjoyed it and spent many hours looking through it.
R. C.
May 01, 2010 R. C. rated it it was amazing
We started out (my four year old and I) reading this at bedtime. After a couple of romps around the block in pajamas so that I could show him these bits of nature in person, I decided we'd better read this while still fully clothed. I hadn't realized the book would make him ask so many good questions.
Milo
Sep 21, 2012 Milo rated it it was amazing
This was my absolute favorite book as a child. I've read it cover to cover more times then I can count. It's ripped, bent, and held together with duct tape, and missing a couple pages. I treasure this book.
Julia Blake
Julia Blake rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
Carrie Baragwanath
Carrie Baragwanath rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Ethan
Ethan rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2011
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2016
Britt
Britt rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2012
Claire
Claire rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2012
Esther Aspling
Esther Aspling rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2013
Janna Woodfall
Janna Woodfall rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2016
Rebecca Huntley
Rebecca Huntley rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2014
Maia
Maia rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2011
Caryn
Caryn rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2014
Mandy Beyers
Mandy Beyers rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2008
Aleia
Aleia rated it did not like it
Oct 05, 2013
Lbaker
Lbaker rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2012
Terri Lynn
Terri Lynn rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2011
Stephanie Robillard
Stephanie Robillard rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2012
Marian Griffin
Marian Griffin rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2015
Robin
Robin rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2015
Cj
Cj rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2013
Morgan
Morgan rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2015
Melissa Long
Melissa Long rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Amie
Amie rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2010
Vanya Darkbeauty
Vanya Darkbeauty rated it it was ok
Aug 21, 2013
Vanessa Besole
Vanessa Besole rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2014