Start by marking “The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature (Usborne First Nature)” as Want to Read:
The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature (Usborne First Nature)

The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature (Usborne First Nature)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Usborne Books are graphically designed to draw children in, to make them want to learn the material, and to help them retain that knowledge. The magic of Usborne Books is that they make both reading a
Published September 1st 1990 by Educational Development Corporation

To ask other readers questions about The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature

This Science book is very appealing to young kids...although my older kids are enjoying it just as much! Not only are the illustrations great, but I like how the information and chapters are set up. There are fun hidden things on each page, and each section ends with a fun puzzle. Each chapter has a picture in the corner, that if you flip the pages animates it. (I loved those as a kid!) A winner for our Science school, all around.
Heather
This is a general overview of many nature subjects. Best for younger kids or to use as a jumping off point for further study. Excellent illustrations. Has many hidden pictures throughout which my kids loved.

We usually use this in kindergarten. All the kids really enjoyed it and spent many hours looking through it.
R. C.
We started out (my four year old and I) reading this at bedtime. After a couple of romps around the block in pajamas so that I could show him these bits of nature in person, I decided we'd better read this while still fully clothed. I hadn't realized the book would make him ask so many good questions.
Ashley
This was my absolute favorite book as a child. I've read it cover to cover more times then I can count. It's ripped, bent, and held together with duct tape, and missing a couple pages. I treasure this book.
Beautiful illustrations, a great resource overall
Jenn
Jenn added it
Oct 18, 2014
Christine
Christine is currently reading it
Oct 17, 2014
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Trisha
Trisha marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Goossen Library
Goossen Library marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Morningglory
Morningglory marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Channa
Channa marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013