Start by marking “The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature” as Want to Read:
The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature

The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  6 reviews
-- Beautifully detailed, informative illustrations introduce the world of nature-- Simple text encourages young children to read for themselves
Published June 1st 1993 by Educational Development Corporation (first published September 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature

Jul 29, 2015 Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lisa by: Sonlight Homeschool Curriculum
Shelves: science
This is a great introduction to the plant and animal world for young children with lots of colorful illustrations. It also includes fun, easy activities throughout the book to keep young minds busy, including "find the hidden picture," matching puzzles, and charming flip-page animations. My daughter loved this book when she was a kindergartner, even though she does not have a strong interest in nature.
This Science book is very appealing to young kids...although my older kids are enjoying it just as much! Not only are the illustrations great, but I like how the information and chapters are set up. There are fun hidden things on each page, and each section ends with a fun puzzle. Each chapter has a picture in the corner, that if you flip the pages animates it. (I loved those as a kid!) A winner for our Science school, all around.
This is a general overview of many nature subjects. Best for younger kids or to use as a jumping off point for further study. Excellent illustrations. Has many hidden pictures throughout which my kids loved.

We usually use this in kindergarten. All the kids really enjoyed it and spent many hours looking through it.
R. C.
We started out (my four year old and I) reading this at bedtime. After a couple of romps around the block in pajamas so that I could show him these bits of nature in person, I decided we'd better read this while still fully clothed. I hadn't realized the book would make him ask so many good questions.
This was my absolute favorite book as a child. I've read it cover to cover more times then I can count. It's ripped, bent, and held together with duct tape, and missing a couple pages. I treasure this book.
Beautiful illustrations, a great resource overall
Emily added it
Aug 31, 2015
Bridget Lewis
Bridget Lewis marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Carrie Baragwanath
Carrie Baragwanath marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Drew And
Drew And marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Thais marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
BaseCampFamLibrary marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Valerie marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Abby added it
Jun 26, 2015
April Pope
April Pope marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Padera added it
Jun 07, 2015
Sara marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Lana added it
Feb 24, 2015
Ssqueakie marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Vaishnavi marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Koreen added it
Feb 03, 2015
Wendie Warner
Wendie Warner marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Aimee marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015