Start by marking “The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature” as Want to Read:
The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature

The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature

4.44  ·  Rating Details  ·  54 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
-- Beautifully detailed, informative illustrations introduce the world of nature-- Simple text encourages young children to read for themselves
Published June 1st 1993 by Educational Development Corporation (first published September 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Usborne Complete First Book of Nature

Lisa
Jul 29, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lisa by: Sonlight Homeschool Curriculum
Shelves: science
This is a great introduction to the plant and animal world for young children with lots of colorful illustrations. It also includes fun, easy activities throughout the book to keep young minds busy, including "find the hidden picture," matching puzzles, and charming flip-page animations. My daughter loved this book when she was a kindergartner, even though she does not have a strong interest in nature.
Apr 24, 2009 Laura rated it it was amazing
This Science book is very appealing to young kids...although my older kids are enjoying it just as much! Not only are the illustrations great, but I like how the information and chapters are set up. There are fun hidden things on each page, and each section ends with a fun puzzle. Each chapter has a picture in the corner, that if you flip the pages animates it. (I loved those as a kid!) A winner for our Science school, all around.
Heather
Jun 04, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it
This is a general overview of many nature subjects. Best for younger kids or to use as a jumping off point for further study. Excellent illustrations. Has many hidden pictures throughout which my kids loved.

We usually use this in kindergarten. All the kids really enjoyed it and spent many hours looking through it.
R. C.
May 01, 2010 R. C. rated it it was amazing
We started out (my four year old and I) reading this at bedtime. After a couple of romps around the block in pajamas so that I could show him these bits of nature in person, I decided we'd better read this while still fully clothed. I hadn't realized the book would make him ask so many good questions.
Milo
Sep 21, 2012 Milo rated it it was amazing
This was my absolute favorite book as a child. I've read it cover to cover more times then I can count. It's ripped, bent, and held together with duct tape, and missing a couple pages. I treasure this book.
May 03, 2010 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Beautiful illustrations, a great resource overall
Janna Woodfall
Janna Woodfall rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2016
Julia Blake
Julia Blake rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
Sunset Zoo
Sunset Zoo marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Alex DK
Alex DK marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
HSMomaNap
HSMomaNap marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
April Judkins
April Judkins marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2016
Suzy George
Suzy George marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Lynn
Lynn rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2016
Beth
Beth added it
Jan 05, 2016
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2015
Emily
Emily added it
Aug 31, 2015
Carrie Baragwanath
Carrie Baragwanath rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Drew And
Drew And marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Thais
Thais marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
BaseCampFamLibrary
BaseCampFamLibrary marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2015