Start by marking “Magic Knight Rayearth II, Vol. 2 (Magic Knight Rayearth II, #2)” as Want to Read:
Magic Knight Rayearth II, Vol. 2 (Magic Knight Rayearth II, #2)

Magic Knight Rayearth II, Vol. 2 (Magic Knight Rayearth #5)

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,198 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
To control Cephiro means to sacrifice oneself to keep it safe. This is a lesson the Magic Knights know only too well, however, the invading countries are not aware of this and continue the assault with greater force. When powerful Djinns, deadly dragons, and menacing mechs attack the peaceful nation, Hikaru, Umi and Fuu don their sacred armor once more to defend the land a ...more
Published April 6th 2003 by Tokyopop (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Magic Knight Rayearth II, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic Knight Rayearth II, Vol. 2

Lau
Jun 22, 2016 Lau rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Me gustó, aunque me hubiera parecido de relleno si no fuera porque se extendieron un poco con la historia de Emeraude.
Aska me "dejó sorda" sólo de leer lo que grita XD. Los enemigos de esta parte, salvo Eagle, son más humorísticos que otra cosa.
Pam Gabriel
Jan 19, 2016 Pam Gabriel rated it really liked it
Same feeling as volume 1 (Chaotic during battle scenes, but all in all pretty fun). I didn't feel like this volume went very far, though. I'm ready for our three heroine's to fall in love. I mean, we had a meet cute in volume 1, and I want that to be followed up on instead of reminding me of Emeraude every 16 seconds and explaining the plot repeatedly and the other country's motives. I know, I should be hoping for some Pillar resolution, but I would like to see some movement on the relationships ...more
Natalie
Fuu, Umi, and Hikaru are haunted by their time in Cephiro. During a reunion at the Tokyo Tower, the girls are transported back to this magical land, which is in total disarray after Emeraude's death left the kingdom without a pillar. The artwork is gorgeous, the girls' regrets are believable, and the story begins to ask important questions about the pillar system and the legitimacy of it.

Unfortunately, all of this good stuff is overshadowed by the breakneck pace of the plot and the sheer number
Kelley Ross
Jun 13, 2011 Kelley Ross rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
The first 3 books in this series are certainly the best...but I feel like some of the backstory for Emeraude from this novel should have been included in the series much earlier. Other than that, this installment in the series seemed overly repetitive. The girls are friends. We get it. Lets move on.
Nora Cayetano
Apr 21, 2016 Nora Cayetano rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Nora by: Lorena Martínez
El arte es hermoso. Los diseños de personajes, gloriosos. Y las escenas de batalla apantallan... ¡Pero nomás no puedo con Aska! Ella y Tatra (aunque ella sí me cae bien) me recuerdan a muchas de las cosas por las que me aparté un poco del anime... Pero eso no me detiene: la historia me tiene atrapada y quiero terminarla :)

Mi única pregunta es: ¡¿dónde está Ascot?! ¡Lo extraño!

description
Hikari
Mar 25, 2012 Hikari rated it it was amazing
Allgemein: Magic Knight Rayearth von Clamp ist eine 6teilige Reihe über 3 Mädchen, die in die Welt namens Cephiro gerufen werden, um diese zu retten. Dabei steht vor allem zu Anfang der großartige Humor im Vordergrund, doch auch tiefgründige Gedanken über das Glück von vielen gegenüber einzelnen, über Schuld, Trauer und Liebe spielen eine Rolle.
Band 5:Die Dramaturgie der Reihe nimmt wieder zu. Wir erfahren die volle Geschichte von Emeraude und Zagato, und auch von Mokona erfahren wir etwas mehr.
Starbubbles
Jul 03, 2009 Starbubbles rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
i was honestly quite tired of continuously rereading about emeraude's tragic fate. yes i understand that it was sad, yes i get how it was a driving motivation for half the cast of characters' actions in this book, but do i need to be reminded of it every 5th page? i think not. but without it, i probably wouldn't connect the dots for everyone's feelings about the pillar system. i think all of that space could have been used for more story development, i mean it's not like this is a long series to ...more
Denise
Nov 08, 2015 Denise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, read-2015
Simultaneous attacks by two of the invading forces threaten to overwhelm the Magic Knights, Cephiro's only remaining defense. Luckily for the girls, the enemies prioritize fighting each other, for the moment. But soon whoever comes out on top will turn their attentions back to the main prize. All three of the attackers have come to Cephiro with the goal of becoming its new Pillar, shaping the country to their own desires. We learn a bit more about each of their backgrounds, as well as the full b ...more
Ayanami Faerudo
Just a re-read. This is my childhood.
Julie
This was one of the earlier manga series I read. I like the characters and the concept of the story. The artwork is beautiful, but drives me crazy sometimes - it's way too busy to be done in black & white. You can hardly tell what's going on sometimes.
Maritza
Jul 17, 2012 Maritza rated it really liked it
3 reinos quieren ser el nuevo pilar de cefiro pero 2 de ellos no conocen cual es el sacrificio que tienen que hacer para poder serlo.
Se conoce más a fondo por que actuo de esa manera la princesa esmeroude.
Jodi
Dec 08, 2007 Jodi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
Shelves: manga
I love clamp's art style this book series I read in High school and loved it. I mean every girl wants her own mecha right?
Selena
Sep 04, 2013 Selena rated it it was ok
I've decided to stop following this series. I'm just not that interested in seeing how it ends.
bangkit aditya
Feb 07, 2008 bangkit aditya rated it it was amazing
the story is about what I wrote in previous volume
Amanda
Mar 06, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Awesome! Beautiful story and such innocence. So Cute!!
Nura
Dec 26, 2010 Nura rated it liked it
tetep ga ngerti alasannya si eagle.
Erica Converso
Erica Converso rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Salvia
Salvia added it
Aug 27, 2016
Marily
Marily rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2016
Marisq
Marisq rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2016
Rain
Rain rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2016
Eden P
Eden P rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2016
Jv Castillo
Jv Castillo rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2016
Nikki
Nikki added it
Aug 20, 2016
Jinkis-Sarang
Jinkis-Sarang rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2016
Jefferson Garcia
Jefferson Garcia rated it it was ok
Aug 19, 2016
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2016
Jaydin Gentile
Jaydin Gentile marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Jennipher White
Jennipher White rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
  • Sailor Moon SuperS, #4 (Sailor Moon SuperS, #4)
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 3: To Sprout
  • Tokyo Mew Mew, Vol. 7 (Tokyo Mew Mew, #7)
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 5 (Ranma ½ (US 1st), #5)
Ookawa Nanase 大川七瀬
[born: 2 May 1967; bloodtype: A]

Mokona Apapa もこなあぱぱ
[born: 16 Jun 1968, Oosaka-metropolis, Kyouto; bloodtype: A]

Nekoi Mick 猫井みっく
[born: 21 Jan 1969, Oosaka-metropolis, Kyouto; bloodtype: O]

Igarashi Satsuki 五十嵐さつき
[born: 8 Feb 1969, Oosaka-metropolis, Kyouto; bloodtype: A]

CLAMP originally began in 1989 as a twelve-member dōjinshi circle, but by 1990, the circle had diminished from
More about CLAMP...

Magic Knight Rayearth (6 books)
  • Magic Knight Rayearth I, Vol. 1 (Magic Knight Rayearth I, #1)
  • Magic Knight Rayearth I, Vol. 2 (Magic Knight Rayearth I, #2)
  • Magic Knight Rayearth I, Vol. 3 (Magic Knight Rayearth I, #3)
  • Magic Knight Rayearth II, Vol. 1 (Magic Knight Rayearth II, #1)
  • Magic Knight Rayearth II, Vol. 3 (Magic Knight Rayearth II, #3)