Point Surrender

Point Surrender (Beacon Point Romance #1)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Amy Winslow isn't looking for a mystery; she doesn't even like secrets. In fact, secrets have nearly destroyed her life. So, when a terrible accident forces her to take control of her brother's mysterious California lighthouse, Amy finds herself immersed in its shocking past and uncertain future. Enchanted by the mystery, she refuses to rest until she finds out who died in...more
Published May 1st 2007 by Echelon Press Publishing (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Point Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Point Surrender

Patricia Spell
I loved this book by Anne Carter. I was swept away by the love story, the mystery, the tragedy and twist ending. Anne Carter allowed us to feel passion and intrigue. Point Surrender is a charming and heartfelt love story. I especially loved the storyline with Amy turning to her brother during her time of need. Brian, Amy's brother has many things to share with Amy including a fiance and a lighthouse.

Amy Winslow is devastated, pregnant and is running from her broken relationship with Drew. Amy...more
Susan Griscom
Anne Carter has written a passionate and intriguing tale. Point Surrender is a charming and heartfelt love story. Ms. Carter knows how to pull it all together and draw you in. A fascinating tale packed with suspense and mystical occurrences.

Amy Winslow, pregnant and broken hearted is trying to make a new start. She finds refuge in helping her brother refurbish an old lighthouse. A lighthouse filled with mystery and death.

Case McKenna, a handsome marine veterinarian, runs into trouble with his b...more
Marsha
Point Surrender by Anne Carter is a real life ghost story and I loved it! The characters are consistent and the story line is strong and intriguing. I enjoyed seeing Jack flash in and out of the story also. The mystery and history in this episode of the Beacon Point series was captivating. Anne Carter pieces the puzzle together flawlessly ending with a bright and sunny HEA.
Amy Sanders
A good story that combines mystery, suspense and romance. The story flows smoothly, combining past and present, and with a bit of a twist at the end. The characters are intriguing and make you want to learn more about them. I definitely recommend it.
Ellis Vidler
This is a mystery I enjoyed reading. It has a touch of paranormal that adds to the interesting character dynamics. The descriptions of life in a lighthouse added insight. Case and Amy have serious personal problems to deal with, but they're likeable and I found myself rooting for everyone involved. I'd like to have seen more about Irene's feelings and why she made the decisions she did, but it was a well-written book that kept me interested till the last page.
Jenny
This book was "OK" but it read like a a movie made for the Lifetime channel with D-list actors. It would be an OK poolside book. But I read it in January.
B
B marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Brenda Knight
Brenda Knight marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Sunshyne
Sunshyne marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Sue1958
Sue1958 marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Stephanie Parent
Stephanie Parent marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2011
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2011
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2011
Robert Goldsborough
Robert Goldsborough marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2010
Rebecca Foote
Rebecca Foote marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2010
Pam
Pam added it
Jan 04, 2010
“I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else,” Anne Carter asserts, when asked about her life in Southern California, where she’s lived since she was two. She cites the people, the weather and the beach as factors in her love affair with the West coast. Family, too, provides an anchor to the area, which she describes as a melting pot of humanity, “rich with characters and plots just waiting to be writte...more
More about Anne Carter...
Cape Seduction (Beacon Point Romance #2) For the Love of Katrina Bingham (Paulie & Kate Part 2) Unmasking Paulie Bingham (Paulie & Kate, Part 1) Angel's Gate (Beacon Point Romance #3) Ever & Always (Beacon Point Romance)