Start by marking “Thief of Thieves, Vol. 3: Venice” as Want to Read:
Thief of Thieves, Vol. 3: Venice

Thief of Thieves, Vol. 3: Venice (Thief of Thieves #3)

Conrad Paulson lives a secret double life as master thief Redmond. There is nothing he can’t steal, nothing he can’t have...except for the life he left behind. Now it’s go time for his Venice heist — and THIEF OF THIEVES’ most EXPLOSIVE story arc yet! Collects THIEF OF THIEVES #14-19.
Published December 4th 2013 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Thief of Thieves, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thief of Thieves, Vol. 3

Crystal Starr Light
Sep 22, 2015 Crystal Starr Light rated it really liked it
Bullet Review:

Quite possibly the best of the 4 I've read. The plans we've seen since volume 1 get set into motion. Lots of twists and turns - some predictable, some not so much. It's kinda more disappointing, though, given how kinda cheesy Volume 4 ends up.
Sesana
Sep 13, 2014 Sesana rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, heist
This volume is a lot like the second, in some ways. Good, but not great. I have to say, one specific element of this volume's heist was a bit of a blow to my enjoyment of the story. Because stained glass doesn't really work like that, guys. Luckily, it was a relatively small thing, and that part was over quickly.
Drown Hollum
Apr 11, 2014 Drown Hollum rated it really liked it
The quality of the book goes up again with this story arc, featuring a brisk, smart story. Martinbrough's art is poppy and perfectly suited to tone, while Andy Diggle's succinct writing shines, allowing the art to tell its side of the story. Conrad's relationships with Audrey and Detective Cohen make some progress, with focus turned away from the father son dynamic seen in the last trade, and a clever set up is pulled off here, pointing us in the direction of the next big target, without ever ...more
Akke
I can see its flaws, but honestly idgaf because I loooooooove this series.
Prîñçê Deepu
Jul 23, 2015 Prîñçê Deepu rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Big score
Jeff Raymond
Sep 12, 2016 Jeff Raymond rated it really liked it
While book three left me a little cold, I have to say that the way books three and four ramp up for this series is impressive. The series still isn't without its flaws, but the vast improvements certainly make this at least worth some time if you're looking for a read.
Meran
Mar 22, 2014 Meran rated it liked it
Conrad Paulson has been avoiding working for his previous employer, who has NOT accepted Conrad's notion of retirement. Apparently, he's not allowed to EVER retire. Especially not since he'd begun planning The Venice Job.

I enjoy the adages at the beginning of each chapter. This first one is "Old Thieves Never Die. They Just Get Taken."

[NB. The artist and writers know NOTHING about stained glass. And didn't take the 30 min. to learn about going through one either. I need to say that first part, T
Cale
Oct 30, 2014 Cale rated it liked it
This book isn't quite as strong as the previous volumes, mainly by virtue of the fact it's only half the story. But what story is here is really strong. Paulson brings his entourage to Venice to perform a heist he has had planned for years. But the number of strings he is pulling is up in the air - what is he doing and what is out of his control? The whole heist is hurried due to an outside influence, and much of the book feels less focused and more off-the-cuff than the previous volumes. This ...more
Shannon Appelcline
Mar 12, 2015 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-indy
The weakest of the three Thief of Thieves volumes to date. The biggest problem is that we almost entirely lose the flashbacks, so the comics becomes a shallower action-adventure. (And that shows in the lack of much depth for any of our character.) Still, we have another fun caper here — and even though "Venice" has to live up to two issues of build-up, it does a pretty good job of doing so. There also are a few surprising twists and turns. So, it's an enjoyable read, but closer to 3.5 stars.
Paul Allard
Apr 17, 2016 Paul Allard rated it really liked it
Clever caper story with twists and turns

This volume continues from the last one and involves Redmond saving his son from Lola by carrying out the Venice heist. There is, of course, a lot more to it than that as he manipulates the FBI, his colleagues and the Mafia.

A good yarn well-told with fewer flashbacks thankfully, left on a cliffhanger, so Volume 4 beckons.
Brendan Nicholls
Jan 22, 2016 Brendan Nicholls rated it really liked it
Better chapter and full of interesting twists and turns. I'm a little interested in this series and eager to see how this story unfolds. I'm not sold on the characters and still think they are underwritten. I don't see if it climbing into the five stars but it might keep my interest for the time being
***Dave Hill
Oct 24, 2014 ***Dave Hill rated it it was ok
Shelves: illustrated
Andy Diggle takes on the story, which means guns and violence and still more capers, but none of it quite gets the traction I'm looking for. As with previous volumes, the tale sometimes gets too complex in its double- and triple-crosses (especially with Shawn Martinbrough's chunky, shadowy art). Entertaining, but not enough to make me buy more collections.
Kelly Lynn Thomas
A decent ending to the first story arc. But I'm not sure I liked this series enough to keep reading beyond this--a lot of things are very stereotype-y and the women all play hyper-sexualized typical roles. So meh.
Douglas Gorney
Jan 06, 2016 Douglas Gorney rated it really liked it
This has been of the bunch so far. I'm a sucker for high-budget international locations.

I have to say it was this series that made me understand how comics have much more to do with film and television than they do with fiction. Kirkman storyboards well. Great fun.
Edward Lebowski
Aug 18, 2014 Edward Lebowski rated it it was amazing
Di una fiQezza inaudita sto fumetto. Non vedo l'ora che ne facciano una serie TV perché ha tutte le basi, potenzialità e strutture per diventare un cult.
Figo, figo, figo.
Joey Heflich
Apr 09, 2014 Joey Heflich rated it liked it
Everyone involved in this book should have done a better job. It could have been amazing, but instead, it's just okay.
Joseph
Dec 31, 2015 Joseph rated it really liked it
Another exciting volume here. Redmond goes to Venice and has to find a way to dupe the FBI into helping him. Another brilliant play by the Thief of Thieves.
Jonathan Roberts
Jonathan Roberts rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2014
Marissa
Marissa rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Haley Powell
Haley Powell rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2015
Chris Craven
Chris Craven rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Joe Mochan
Joe Mochan rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2015
Katie Smith
Katie Smith rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Peter
Peter rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2014
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2014
Kyle
Kyle rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Natalya
Natalya rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2015
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2014
Richard Topp
Richard Topp rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2016
  • Thief of Thieves, Vol. 2, "Help Me"
  • Velvet, Volume 2: The Secret Lives of Dead Men
  • Danger Girl: The Ultimate Collection
  • Manifest Destiny, Vol. 3: Chiroptera & Carniformaves
  • Revival, Vol. 4: Escape to Wisconsin
  • Ghosted, Volume One: Haunted Heist (Ghosted, #1)
  • God Hates Astronauts, Vol. 1: The Head That Wouldn't Die!
  • Postal, Volume 1
  • Southern Bastards, Vol. 1: Here Was a Man
  • The Fuse, Vol. 1: The Russia Shift
  • East of West, Volume 5: All These Secrets
  • Zero, Volume 1: An Emergency
  • The October Faction Volume 1 (October Faction, #1)
  • Stumptown, Vol. 2
  • Peter Panzerfaust, Vol. 2: Hooked
  • The Phoenix Requiem: Volume Two
Andy Diggle is a British comic book writer and former editor of 2000 AD. He is best known for his work on The Losers,Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, Adam Strange and Silent Dragon at DC Comics and for his run on Thunderbolts and Daredevil after his move to Marvel.

In 2013 Diggle left writing DC's Action Comics and began working with Dynamite Entertainment, writing a paranormal crime series Uncanny. He is
More about Andy Diggle...

Thief of Thieves (5 books)
  • Thief of Thieves, Vol. 1: "I Quit"
  • Thief of Thieves, Vol. 2, "Help Me"
  • Thief of Thieves, Vol. 4: The Hit List