Start by marking “Mount Everest: Confessions of an Amateur Peak Bagger” as Want to Read:
Mount Everest: Confessions of an Amateur Peak Bagger

Mount Everest: Confessions of an Amateur Peak Bagger

A true story, warts and all, of what really happened to ad exec and amateur climber Kevin Flynn during his days at the top of the world. In May 2004, Flynn reached the summit of Mt. Everest--but not without tears, laughter, failures, near-death experiences and great friendships. If you'sve ever wondered what it would be like for a mere mortal to attempt Mt. Everest, this b ...more
Published March 15th 2006 by Martino Flynn/Haystack Press

To ask other readers questions about Mount Everest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mount Everest

Troopercam
Jul 24, 2007 Troopercam rated it really liked it
Ever read a book and already know how it is going to end but still start to find out the journey anyways? This is the feeling going into Kevin Flynn's Mt Everest Confessions of an Amateur Peak Bagger. Flynn speaks of how he became enthralled with climbing mountains starting in his backyard in New York. From there he climbed bigger and more dangerous peaks conquering three of the seven summits. In 2002 he decided to go to Nepal to climb Everest. This book describes his journey up the mountain. It ...more
Nick
Kevin Flynn, an advertising executive, amateur pilot and mountaineer sets his sites on the mother of all mountains, Everest. In this candid memoir, Flynn recounts his two attempts to climb to the top of the world leaving nothing unstated - "warts and all". If you are in the hunt for a book that gives you an up close and personal first person account of an Everest climb, pick up Confessions of an Amateur Peak Bagger, you will not be disappointed.
Taylor
May 31, 2011 Taylor rated it it was ok
Informative, but by no means dazzling. The prose is matter-of-fact and unadorned, but it's still a pretty cool story. Flynn's pedestrian writing style does lend a sense of realism to the experience, so it feels more like a regular guy telling you about mountain climbing than, because that's exactly what it is.
Anita Pomerantz
Jul 06, 2012 Anita Pomerantz rated it really liked it
A fun, yet gripping, read. This book doesn't make the best use of the English language, but you can feel the tension associated with a life risking activity like climbing Mt. Everest. This is just a thoroughly enjoyable read if you like tales of adventure. And I do!
Biba
Feb 08, 2008 Biba rated it liked it
I love this topic, although I am not the least bit interested in climbing Everest. The writer has a great personality and I think that is what I enjoyed the most. It has better pictures than most Everest books and gave me a great visual of the places I have been reading about.
Lexi
Apr 24, 2010 Lexi rated it really liked it
Of the four books I read on Mount Everest, this was by far my favorite. It was filled with a lot of great information on mountaineering and what it takes to be a good climber. I appreciated Kevin Flynn's sense of humor, as many books on Everest are extremely dry and boring.
Kim Bessette
Jul 24, 2011 Kim Bessette rated it it was amazing
I loved this. I've read so many mountaineering books. While I don't imagine Flynn as an amateur, he told his story in real lay mans terms.
Grant
Grant rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was ok
Nov 06, 2007
Michael Metzler
Michael Metzler rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2014
Apologija
Apologija rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2013
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
May 17, 2017
Rachael
Rachael rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2011
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2011
David
David rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2012
Rachael
Rachael rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Joseph
Joseph rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2014
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2008
Beda Warrick
Beda Warrick rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2009
Kevin White
Kevin White rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2013
Brenda S
Brenda S rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2016
Jessica Barton
Jessica Barton rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2010
Mazola1
Mazola1 rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2008
Jake
Jake rated it it was ok
Mar 25, 2009
Judith
Judith rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2013
Wade Lake
Wade Lake rated it really liked it
May 30, 2014
Bernie
Bernie rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2012
Kiara Graves
Kiara Graves rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2014
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2014