The Struggle for Palestine

The Struggle for Palestine

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Leading international solidarity activists offer insight into the ongoing struggle for Palestinian freedom and justice. Includes Anthony Arnove, Naseer Aruri, David Barsamian, Paul D'Amato, Phil Gasper, Toufic Haddad, Tikva Honig-Parnass, Rania Masri, Tanya Reinhart, Edward Said, and Ahmed Shawki.
Published June 1st 2002 by Haymarket Books

Elizabeth
Mar 02, 2007 Elizabeth rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: political, history
This was the first book I read about Israel and Palestine, as a college freshman, and I found it a very comprehensible introduction.

In the past two weeks (July 2006), as Israel has invaded Gaza and Lebanon, I have re-read the book and been stunned by how much I have learned reading it a second time (and after, four years later, having now read many other sources on the conflicts in the Middle East as well). This book has been very helpful for me in being able to understand what is happening in...more
Tom
For newcomers to the issue of the Israel-Palestine conflict, this is an excellent place to start. This gave me a solid introduction to Zionism, the history of the Palestinian struggle, etc. Quite useful.
Dan Sharber
this books lays it out very well. just short essays so there is some overlap but it is a good primer and gives a good explanation of the one state solution in the final essay.
Craig Mcquade
Craig Mcquade is currently reading it
Jul 08, 2014
Emily Shaw
Emily Shaw marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Carri
Carri marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Paddy O'callaghan
Paddy O'callaghan marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Katie
Katie is currently reading it
Sep 08, 2011
Rocio
Rocio marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2011
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2011
Jim Plank
Jim Plank marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2009
The Democrats: A Critical History What's Behind The Attack On Politically Correct? Bill Clinton:  A Record of Broken Promises The Dispossessed: Chronicles of the Desterrados of Colombia Education for Socialists: Marxism and Imperialism (Education for Socialists 2)