Start by marking “Our Friendship Rules” as Want to Read:
Our Friendship Rules

Our Friendship Rules

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  21 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Alexandra and Jenny have been best friends for a long time. But when Alexandra is momentarily dazzled by the glamour of a new girl at school, she's willing to do almost anything to get to be the cool girl's friend. Ultimately, she tells Jenny's biggest, most important secret--and just like that, Alexandra is in! But when Alexandra realizes what it feels like to lose her be ...more
Published May 1st 2007 by Tilbury House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Our Friendship Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Friendship Rules

Lisa Vegan
May 01, 2010 Lisa Vegan rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: girls with various friendship problems & issues = most girls at one time or another
Recommended to Lisa by: Abigail A.
I absolutely loved the collage illustrations in this book. They’re of different styles and they all mesh well with the story. They’re fun to look at and, they greatly enhanced the book and were my favorite part of the book. I wouldn’t have thought that much of the book without them, but the story is also needed to fully appreciate the pictures.

I have a feeling some of my Goodreads friends will not like this story so well because it is in your face didactic. For me, with this subject matter, it w
Maggie
Mar 02, 2014 Maggie rated it really liked it
Telling the story of friendship betrayal that many young girls go through, this book does a wonderful job of describing the problems and how they can be fixed. What is most important is that this book doesn't end with any bad guys. It shows that there can even be good in the girl who likes to gossip. I believe it would be appropriate for all ages, and it is more relatable perhaps because of the then-9th grade co-author.
Marta
Feb 04, 2014 Marta rated it it was amazing
This is a stellar example of illustration and meaningful reading. I'd suggest ages 8-9 for this book, because though it's a picture book, it is on the heavier side in regards to the amount of text and it's not the most basic read. Overall, teaches kids how to be a loyal and true friend, but is kind of an advanced beginner book.
Nativida
This is a great read for kids (the characters in this book happen to be girls) when they experience the pain that comes with friendship as relationships wax and wane - especially when a fabulous new kid enters the pictures and becomes divisive in the relationship.
Kate Hastings
Oct 15, 2010 Kate Hastings rated it really liked it
Grades 2-5. Alexandra tries to impress the new "cool" girl at school but hurts her best friend in the process. She and Jenny make up a list of rules to heal and keep their friendship strong. The most important rule: be yourself (and accept others as themselves).
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Pat Prusak
Pat Prusak marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Frie
Frie rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Julie
Julie added it
Jan 14, 2016
Andrea Curtis
Andrea Curtis marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Nicole
Nicole added it
Aug 25, 2015
Yolanda
Yolanda marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Aiyah
Aiyah marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Candace
Candace marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Maggie Burgess
Maggie Burgess rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2015
Rita
Rita rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2014
Taeylor
Taeylor rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2014
Annie
Annie rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2014
Bri
Bri rated it really liked it
May 27, 2014
Katie Luczak
Katie Luczak marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Sarah Doty
Sarah Doty rated it really liked it
May 14, 2014
Peggy Moss
Peggy Moss rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2014
Sybil Twoscore
Sybil Twoscore marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Katja
Katja rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2013
Karina Compean
Karina Compean marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2013
Gretchen H
Gretchen H marked it as to-read
May 09, 2013
Ana Grubac  (LibrariAna)
Ana Grubac (LibrariAna) rated it really liked it
May 02, 2013
Peggy Moss, children's author of Say Something, Our Friendship Rules, and One of Us,worked as an assistant attorney general in Maine in the civil rights unit and as associate director of the Center for the Prevention of Hate Violence. Peggy now works with schools across the US and Canada, helping students and educators from kindergarten to the college level create school environments that feel saf ...more
More about Peggy Moss...