Start by marking “The Eunuch's Heir” as Want to Read:
The Eunuch's Heir

The Eunuch's Heir

In this follow-up to The Singers Crown, Isaak pens a riveting fantasy about a reckless young prince who must emerge from the shadow of his miraculous father.
Published July 31st 2007 by Eos (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Eunuch's Heir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eunuch's Heir

Anne Osterlund
Nov 15, 2011 Anne Osterlund rated it liked it
Wolfram duRhys can never live up to his father’s legend, his mother’s expectations, or the role of crown prince.

When someone tries to kill him, he flees. Trying to keep the demon within him at bay.

He sets out on an unplanned journey, with a cousin he doesn’t trust, into a kingdom supposedly at war. What he finds is a river with no water. A temple to the stars. And a princess. More hazardous than even the demon within.

The Eunuch’s Heir, Elaine Isaac’s sequel to The Singer’s Crown, is a wild, haph
harlequin {Stephanie}
Mar 08, 2013 harlequin {Stephanie} rated it did not like it
Shelves: could-not-finish
Got this as a digital rental. After reading to 20% I just never went back to it. I'm a fast reader and it took me forever to get that far, well not, but it certainly felt like forever.

Did not start on a good note and I just don't care to see if it gets any better.
Tori
Dec 31, 2008 Tori rated it did not like it
Shelves: new-fiction
The only reason I read this is that I promised the author I would. I wanted to like it, and there is nothing wrong with the story or writing--I'm sure many other people would enjoy this--but it is entirely the wrong book for me. It is filled with lies, secrets, and betrayal, and the only character I really liked in her world dies. As I generally avoid reading any book that has the word betrayal on the cover, you can see why this distressed me. Worse, while I certainly felt sympathy for the main ...more
Ashley
Jun 03, 2009 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
In the first 75 pages or so of this book I wanted to claw my eyes out while reading it. I think it was the entire premise of the book, with Wolfram going overseas with Melody and the whole religions clashing thing - I hated it.

But, because I had nothing else to read I stuck with it and slowly got sucked into the plot, although it was probably only when they got back from Faedre's land that I really got interested.

So, the last half of the book was better than the first book, but the first half of
Tucker
This is a follow-up to The Singer's Crown in which the main character is a eunuch. In this book, The Eunuch's Heir, the eunuch seems to be already deceased--thus there are no eunuchs in the book, based on some cursory page-flipping. My understanding from The Singer's Crown was that the eunuch had two sons, of a sort--one by adoption, and one by some kind of superstitious assumption or actual magic.
Tammy
Jan 16, 2009 Tammy rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I loved this book. I actually read it twice.. the 2nd time I had forgotten until about half-way through.... but kept reading anyway. Fantastic characters I could sympathize with and fall in love with.
Melissa
Nov 02, 2014 Melissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-fiction
this was a random library find and it was a very decent find. I was irritated that there was a previous book but dispute that the book was good.
Jocelynn
Jan 23, 2011 Jocelynn rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book from beginning to end. The characters were memorable and I felt for them.
Sue Klasing
this was a good book but a little too deep for me. I think the younger generation would enjoy this more than I did.
Carla Lewis
Jun 28, 2011 Carla Lewis rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Accidentally read this book first, but everything was still pretty easy to follow. I really hope to see another book from Isaak.
Gunnar Norskog
Gunnar Norskog rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2013
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2011
April
April rated it it was ok
Nov 23, 2011
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was ok
May 12, 2008
Louise
Louise rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2011
Brownthrasher
Brownthrasher rated it it was ok
Dec 02, 2011
Shannon Jackson
Shannon Jackson rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2010
Baladine
Baladine rated it it was ok
Nov 02, 2015
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2011
kvon
kvon rated it it was ok
Dec 13, 2007
Steph
Steph rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2008
Marliese Battle
Marliese Battle rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2011
Xarah
Xarah rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2007
Geneva
Geneva rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2012
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2011
Grant Ford
Grant Ford rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2015
Tara
Tara rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2011
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2013
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Andrew
Andrew rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2013