Start by marking “A Change of Plans: Second Nature / Summer Desserts” as Want to Read:
A Change of Plans: Second Nature / Summer Desserts

A Change of Plans: Second Nature / Summer Desserts

Second Nature

Celebrity magazine reporter Lee Radcliffe is at the top of her game when she scores an exclusive interview with bestselling horror writer Hunter Brown. But the notoriously private author has one condition: the interview must be conducted over the course of a camping trip. Lee will do anything to get the story, but after some one-on-one time with her ruggedly h
Published May 27th 2014 by Silhouette (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about A Change of Plans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Change of Plans

Valerie
The tags in my bookshelves belong to Second Nature

Second Nature: 4 stars

The rating above is only for this first story. I really, really liked it. The relationship between the hero and heroine was funny, sweet, and sexy. The chemistry is present from the moment they meet each other and in spite of the short length of the story, Nora Roberts managed to convince me they've fallen in love. Apart from the hero/heroine's relationship, there's also a father-daughter relationship that was sweet and add
Maura
Angela Simmons
A Change of Plans is two novella length novels in one. Second Nature was the stronger of the two character-wise, while Summer Desserts would make for a fun little summer read.

Second Nature

Rating: 4 Stars

Top Celebrity magazine reporter Lee Radcliffe is determined to score an interview with the highly sought after, highly private bestselling horror writer Hunter Brown. When she gets a tip that Hunter will be speaking at a writer’s conference, she mistakes him for an employee of the hotel. Lee’s m
Anne Holly
Jun 22, 2015 Anne Holly rated it it was ok
Shelves: gave-away
This is a re-release of two NR short Silhouette romances from 1985 - potential readers should know this going in, as it may have a drastic effect on one's enjoyment of the stories. (This will depend on personal taste, especially - for example, I am very happy to enjoy the old-style "head hopping" now so frowned upon in romance, but the social aspects of these books often leave me cold - so, proceed with caution and your own proclivities in mind.)

First story, "Second Nature": Some things I learne
Patricia Baxter
Oct 18, 2014 Patricia Baxter rated it liked it
This is actually a reprint of two of Nora Roberts' older stories, and it is obvious. Of the two, I liked "Second Nature" better - the characters were more interesting and, to me, more realistic. "Summer Desserts" did not hold my attention the way a Nora Roberts book usually does. Also, the style is not up to par with her later stories, and I found the point of view changes a bit abrupt and distracting at times. It is still an enjoyable read, just not what I've gotten used to from this author.
Rachel
Oct 22, 2014 Rachel rated it it was ok
Shelves: trashy
I would have LOVED these if I had read them back in the 80's when they were originally published. That's when I thought smoking was cool and falling in love with a rich guy meant happily ever after. Now that I'm no longer a teenager I found the obscenely rich characters obnoxious and I wonder why no one seems to write romance novels set in real life. Do we really need total escapism? Is romance incompatible with the middle class? God, I hope not.
Robyn
Jul 25, 2016 Robyn rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
The characters in these two stories were a little harder to love. I just didn't click with them as much as I have clicked with some of Nora Roberts others.
Dawn
Aug 19, 2014 Dawn rated it liked it
Only read the second book in this paperback. It was ok but had trouble relating to 2 perfectionists. Some angst made it ok but fell flat. Love JD Robb. Not so crazy about Nora.
Jillian Moore- tarek bazzi
Jillian Moore- tarek bazzi rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2014
Leonora Allum
Leonora Allum rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2014
Bee
Bee rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2015
Dorothy
Dorothy rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2014
Rajimanoj
Rajimanoj rated it it was ok
Sep 22, 2015
Montal
Montal rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2014
Aukje
Aukje rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2015
Katie Hunter
Katie Hunter rated it really liked it
May 09, 2015
Crystal Walts
Crystal Walts rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2014
Judy DeChaume-McNeil
Judy DeChaume-McNeil rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2016
susan Elsen
susan Elsen rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2015
Ashley Lovett anderson
Ashley Lovett anderson rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2015
Robin
Robin rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2014
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2014
Margery
Margery rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2015
Kathryn Prine
Kathryn Prine rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2015
Christine Grabina
Christine Grabina rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2016
Sarah Zulewski
Sarah Zulewski rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2015
Bernadette
Bernadette rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Christine Page
Christine Page rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2015
Jennifer Schreiber
Jennifer Schreiber rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2017
Dorothy
Dorothy rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Twilight
  • Lone Stallion's Lady (Montana Mavericks)
  • Intimate Secrets
  • For the Sake of the Secret Child (Wed At Any Price #3)
  • The Tycoon's Paternity Agenda
  • Reason to Believe (White Lace, #2)
  • Not Just the Nanny
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas
  • Child of Her Heart
  • Surgeon in a Tux (200 Harley Street, #1)
  • Picture Perfect Wedding (Wedding Fever, #2)
  • Marriage, Bravo Style! (Bravo Family, #31)
  • A Thunder Canyon Christmas
  • Wolf Trap (Wolf Moons, #2)
  • Bound by Darkness
  • Wedding His Takeover Target (Dynasties: The Jarrods #5)
  • The Longest Night (H.O.T. Watch, #4)
  • Falling for His Proper Mistress (Dynasties: The Jarrods #2)
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...