Start by marking “Rescue at Cardwell Ranch & Wanted Woman” as Want to Read:
Rescue at Cardwell Ranch & Wanted Woman

Rescue at Cardwell Ranch & Wanted Woman

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Meet the Cardwell Cousins, the highly anticipated continuation of the Cardwell Ranch collection read by more than 2 MILLION!

Saving her once was risky. Rescuing her again may be fatal.

In Rescue From Cardwell Ranch , when Hayes Cardwell arrived in Big Sky, Montana, for his brother's wedding, the Texas P.I. didn't expect to play hero, but ever since he saved her from a brutal
Published May 27th 2014 by Harlequin (first published May 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rescue at Cardwell Ranch & Wanted Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescue at Cardwell Ranch & Wanted Woman

Margaret Fisk
Originally posted on Tales to Tide You Over

This is a duology, so what follows are two separate reviews.

I don’t read thriller romances much anymore because so few offer the emotional depth I look for beyond the tension from terror and a physical release. Daniels is one author I keep picking up because she can lace the real people stuff in with the murderer out to get them so that it feels like the developing relationship has a chance once the crisis is over.

Rescue at Cardwell Ranch is no differen
Nikita (NjKinny's World of Books & Stuff)

Review of Rescue at Cardwell Ranch:
Hayes Cardwell came to Big Sky to attend his brother, Tag's wedding unaware that soon he would be chasing a serial killer. This Texas P.I. saves Mackenzie Sheldon's life when he saves her from a brutal abductor. Unable to get her out of his mind, he is determined to protect her and catch this very intelligent and elusive killer.
With a killer most dangerous and one hiding in plain sight, will Hayes be able to protect Mack
Shauni
Originally reviewed for Bodice Rippers, Femme Fatales and Fantasy.

I admit it I am one of those people who when I find something I like, I buy it in every color. And that's just clothes. When I find a book by an author that B.J. Daniels is just that sort of author. When I discovered Wedding at Cardwell Ranch, I totally enjoyed it. It was full of action, suspense, small town fun, family loyalty and a plethora of other great things.. not the least, a great plot. So when I saw Rescue at Cardwell Ran
Larena
Contemporary, Romance

Montana

Hayes Cardwell is a P.I. from Texas that is in Big Sky, Montana for his brother’s wedding. He expected to spend time with his brother not playing hero. Luckily Hayes managed to save McKenzie Sheldon from a brutal abductor. Since then he hasn’t been able to get her out of his mind or his heart.

McKenzie awoke to see a tall, dark cowboy that saved her from an attack. Since that moment she has felt drawn to Hayes like a Western fantasy. The danger though is closer than ei
Michelle N
Whether you are new to B.J. Daniels or you have been a fan for a long time, you will appreciate this book! She combined two great stories into one book, this is an amazing deal!! These books do well together because they are both about strong, intelligent, independent women who find themselves in a situation where they now need the help of a complete stranger.

First there is Rescue at Cardwell Ranch. McKenzie Sheldon is a very successful Real Estate Agent in Montana. While doing her grocery shopp
Catherine Wright
These are two wonderful stories put into one book. They are both about strong women who are put into situations that has them depending on a total stranger to help them out.

First in Rescue at Cardwell Ranch, Mackenzie Sheldon is attacked at night in the parking lot of a grocery store by a serial killer. Hayes Cardwell happens to be there and is able to save her, but the bad guy gets away. They run into each other the next day when she is the realtor that him and his brother are meeting. Mackenz
Jonel Boyko (Pure Jonel)
Daniels is a master at balancing suspense with romance to create an unforgettable tale. Both of the novels included in this set had me on the edge of my seat. Daniel’s mastery of the English language along with her phenomenal storytelling will keep you riveted throughout. She draws you in right from the very beginning, painting a picture for you. The beauty of Montana shines through in Rescue at Cardwell Ranch. In Wanted Woman the subject matter really packs a punch.

The characters in Rescue at C
Kristi
3.5 stars - 4 stars for Rescue at Cardwell Ranch and 3 stars for Wanted Woman

This book brings together stories from two of B.J. Daniels' romantic suspense series - Cardwell Ranch and Cascades Concealed.

First is the story of Hayes Cardwell, the PI of the Texas-based Cardwell brothers, and his rescue of McKensie Sheldon, a Big Sky Realtor, from an abductor. Having read the previous novels in the Cardwell Ranch series, this installment was what I've come to expect. There was chemistry and suspense
Anny hernandez
I was provided a copy of the book by NetGalley for an honest review.

Wow I just finish reading this books and I have to say that I love it, at first I was not aware that it was two book in one, and both books had me seating at the edge of my bed, I love the characters, and love how the book turn out to be, I am gone tried to keep this short since I dont want to give anything away.

The first book RESCUE AT CARDWELL RANCH

The story begging with McKenzie, she is a real state and own her own company, o
Sheri
4.5 Stars

Rescue at Cardwell Ranch was suspenseful and kept me on the edge of my seat, it had everything I love in a Romantic Suspense story, it had a villain that I could hate, it gave me the feeling that the villain might actually win. McKenzie and Hayes are great together, I liked that McKenzie is a strong heroine that wanted to stand up for herself and not let the bad guy win. I loved that Hayes was so protective of her.

It’s a quick read, but very satisfying. I was so wrapped up in the story
Kathy Davie
This is a two-for-one offering with Rescue at Cardwell Ranch the fifth in the Caldwell Ranch series while Wanted Woman is a standalone story.

I did receive this as an ARC from the publisher.

Rescue at Cardwell Ranch
This is the fifth in the Cardwell Ranch romance series revolving around the Cardwell family with this story taking place in Bozeman, Montana. The couple focus is on Hayes Cardwell and McKenzie Sheldon.

My Take
What is it with men (and some women!) who think a woman is “asking for it” wh
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
I tried my first B.J. Daniels story a year ago and was immediately hooked. Rescue From Cardwell Ranch brings another Cardwell brother to Montana. Hayes Cardwell and McKenzie Sheldon are two very driven characters. Neither expects romance or the danger that bring them together. I loved how both had to change their perceptions and how smoothly those changes helped bring them together.

B.J. Daniels has written another heart stopping story that kept me guessing the entire time. I loved how both Texa
Ashley Nemer
I received this from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

This was a novel with two stories inside of it. The first one was easy to fall into and read. The second one I just never felt attached to it. The first story, Rescue at Cardwell Ranch the main characters were easy to like. While McKenzie did things that made you scream right along with Haves she was like the rest of the women. Strong willed and determined and you have to like that inside of stories.

Not sure what it was about Wante
GONZA
To be honest I did not like much these two stories, they were more focused on the mystery and the threat that revolved around the protagonist rather than on romance. Especially in the second book, where the two main characters were convinced they were brother and sister until almost the end. Nothing to remeber.

In realtá queste due storie non mi sono piaciute un granché, erano piú centrate sul mistero e sulla minaccia che ruotava intorno alla protagonista piuttosto che sulla storia d'amore. Speci
Kimberly Rocha~ Book Obsessed Chicks

Hayes Cardwell never thought he's end up being a hero when he travels from Texas to Montana on some family business. When he sees a woman being beaten and in the process of being thrown into the trunk of a car, Hayes springs into action to prevent that from happening, but would prefer to remain anonymous as he was just doing what any decent person would do.

Real estate owner and operator, McKenzie Sheldon thought she was one tough cookie, but that thought goes out the window when she is attacked
N. Kuhn
This was actually a dual book that rocked! The copy I got from NetGalley was Rescue at Cardwell Ranch and Wanted Woman. Both stories were great.

Rescue follows some of the Cardwell family. I haven't read any of their books, but it was certainly a great story. Hayes rescues a woman from being abducted and trust me, you'll be guessing until the end as to who it is. The story is dramatic and sexy at the same time. It was a great read!

Wanted Woman blew me away. I loved the suspense, guessing who ha
Ellen
The Cardwell Family novels from BJ Daniels will continue to be favorites of mine. I met the family in Christmas at Cardwell Ranch late last year and fell in love with the characters. I felt like I was visiting old friends again. In true Cardwell fashion, Hayes saves a woman from being abducted; and in cowboy fashion, he stays in town to protect her. Yet, the only way to draw the abductor out in the open is to have McKenzie be the bait. Can he keep her safe? Add in the extended Cardwell family an ...more
Rose Love
****** I have received this ARC for my honest review **********

Story 1: Rescue at Cardwell Ranch

This is the 5th book in the Cardwell Ranch Series. Hayes Cardwell is a Texas P.I. and goes to Montana for his brother's wedding. McKenzie Sheldon is the owner of a very successful real estate company.

After a late night grocery shopping at the local supermarket, Hayes was going to his car and saw a woman being assaulted in the parking lot. He immediately ran to stop the abduction that was happening. Th
Lisa
I liked rescue at Cardwell Ranch a lot.
The hero who comes in and saves the lady is always a great story. The combination of the two characters just seem to flow as you read it. I like the idea of the good Samaritan coming to the rescue of someone in need.
You will like it also.

Wanted Woman.
Just didn’t do it for me. I almost had to fight to get through it. While he tries to help her she just tries to go her own way. There was something about the two of these characters that I couldn’t get in my mi
Cynthia
I totally LOVED these two stories, which were page turners. Both of these stories kept me up late at night just to finish them. This is one author who knows how to write a story and get you hooked. You find you cannot wait until you have finished it to find out who done it, but you hate the story is over. The author has many twist and turns that will keep you guessing until the end, she is full of many surprises. Just when you think you have it worked out you find you do not. You cannot go wrong ...more
Jamie Arledge
Great Book, Action Packed, Exciting, Nice Romances...

I really enjoyed both of these titles. They come from 2 different series. My thoughts on both:

Rescue at Cardwell Ranch:

I really enjoyed this book. It's the first in the Cardwell Cousins Series. The story line was very interesting. The book was action packed and there was non-stop excitement the entire book. The romance was nice and enjoyable. I really liked both Hayes and McKenzie. The rest of the family got me interested in reading their stor
Clare O'Beara
A serial predator of women finds that in Montana, with its relatively low crime rate, he can stalk women in small towns and the law have too much area to cover to catch him. At the start of this book one young woman in Bozeman, called McKenzie Sheldon, is grabbed in a dark parking lot and only her memory of a self-defence course saves her. As she's fighting to escape being bundled into a car, a Texas man who's just arrived in town spots the fracas and comes to her aid.

This man is Hayes, a relat
Rhonda

4 STARS

I liked both stories. They had good suspense of the murder till the end. Strong female characters and heroes.

In Rescue at Cardwell Ranch we meet another Cardwell from the Texas Cardwells. Hayes Cardwell flies into Montana to talk his brother out of opening another of their family restraint. Hayes stop at a grocery store for something to eat and when he comes out he is in
time to rescue

McKenzie owns her own real estate business. She stops by the grocery store late. As she is walking
Stormi (Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my!)
This was a two for one book and contained both Rescue at Cardwell Ranch and Wanted Woman. I think I have read this author once before but it’s been a while and so when I seen this one I thought it was about time to try her again and fell in love with the Cardwell Cowboys! Now I have to go and get the other books..my contemporary romance weakness is cowboys..lol.

Rescue at Cardwell Ranch

Hayes Cardwell is in Montana to tell his brother Tag that they do not want a Texas Boy’s Barbecue here in Montan
Teresa
Rescue at Cardwell Ranch. 2.5
Wanted Woman. 3.0
Melinda
This book had 2 different stories as the title says. I am not sure which story I liked better. But the Wanted Woman story to me had more action. Rescue at Cardwell Ranch reminded me of a episode of Criminal Minds. These are pretty quick reads if you sit down and stay focused. I got this copy through Netgalley. This book is by BJ Daniels and Harlequin. This came out on May 27, 2014. So if you like a little mystery and romance these stories are spot on in giving that.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Cardwell Cousins
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Shari
Shari added it
Nov 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
B.J. Daniels' life dream was to be a policewoman. After a career as an award-winning newspaper journalist, she wrote and sold 37 short stories before she finally wrote her first book. Since then she has won numerous awards including a career achievement award last year for romantic suspense.

She lives in Montana with her husband, Parker, two Springer Spaniels, Jem and Spot, and a temperamental tomc
More about B.J. Daniels...
Crime Scene At Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #1) The New Deputy in Town (Whitehorse Montana #2) Justice at Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #2) Unforgiven (Beartooth, Montana, #1) Branded