Start by marking “Avenge Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Avenge Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy, #1)

Avenge Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy #1)

Austin Treffen was born into a world of privilege, but behind its gilded doors lies a corruption so sordid New York's elite would never believe it - especially as his infamous philanthropic father is at its core! With everything he believed in shattered, how can Austin take down his father - risking his family name and those he loves - without any proof?

Until one earth-sha

Paperback, Harlequin Presents, 272 pages
Published May 27th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Avenge Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avenge Me

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo YatesFifthAve1TitlebySueBee_zpsc4e87fe0.jpg
 photo AMstoryxB2bysb_zps8afff1a4.gif
★★★★! Avenge Me, book 1 of 3. Trilogy follows three friends in their quest to avenge the death of a friend!

“Because I want to control something, and right now the only thing I control Is you”

The Fifth Avenue trilogy, each book written by a different author, follows three friends in their quest for vengeance.
Books in trilogy should be read in order:
Book 1: Avenge Me
Book 2: Scandalize Me
Book 3: Expose Me

Avenge Me (book 1) opens up to Austin (book 1), Hunter (book 2) and Alex (book 3) mee
Amy (Foxy)
***2.5 AVENGE ME stars**

I love the concept of this series; 3 authors coming together to each write a separate book portraying a different character. Each of these books will be how that character seeks revenge against the one person, Jason Treffen, who is a bad man. These friends are trying to avenge their friend Sarah's death.

Early on the hero, Austin, has an insta-lust with the heroine, Katy. They see each at a party hosted by Austin's dad, Jason Treffen, and twenty minutes later these two are
Vashti
Feb 13, 2014 Vashti rated it really liked it
I am having a bit of a tough time in deciding on how to rate this book.Do I rate it as a harlequin presents book,or do I rate it as a contemp with dominant billionaire and virgin heroine.There are a lot of the prior books out there,I decided to rate it on my enjoyment of Maisey Yates books.
The hero Austin ,and heroine Katy,had something in common.Sarah,friend to Austin and sister to Katy.The two are brought together 10 years after Sarah threw herself off a building killing herself.Revenge is on
Dee
This is the first in the Fifth Avenue Trilogy written by three different Harlequin authors.

This is a story of two people who are linked by a woman who killed herself ten years ago, both want revenge and are determined that the person who was the cause of her death will be held to rights. When they first meet there is an instant spark which quickly turns into an inferno within minutes, but at that time neither realise who the other is.

Katy’s sister Sarah killed herself by jumping off a building,
Sara
May 31, 2014 Sara rated it liked it
Uh ok. So to sum this up.
Girl goes to ballroom for function with childhood friend Travis who also doubles as her crush. Girls best girlfriend jumps off building at said function.
Girl gets consoled by Travis. Takes her to hotel after suicide. No one speaks about it.
Girl sleeps with longtime friend-crush Travis.
Travis admits out of the blue that he's in love with girl.
Girl freaks and takes off. Has a change of heart and goes back to boy and admits she loves him too.
Ok. WHAT THE FUCK??? Your
Jillian (NetGalley Addict)
I devoured this book now I'm all kinds of depressed because I can't find any info for the second book :(
Jane Stewart
Story was not developed. It was mostly internal ponderings of the two main characters. A Harlequin rush job.

THE SETTING/STORY:
Jason forces young women who work for his law firm to provide sexual services to himself and his wealthy friends. He uses financial incentives and threats. That was not shown or explained. I’m still confused how that could happen. Austin is Jason’s son. He was a friend of Sarah (one of Jason’s victims). Sarah called Austin and said she needed to talk to him about his dad.
M.
*I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

Avenge Me was such a disappointment. I know that I shouldn't expect too much from this type of book. But at least I expected some resemblance of a plot. Even 50 Shades of Grey had a better attempt at it even if it failed miserably in the delivery of said plot.

Avenge Me was 250 plus pages of repetitive dialogues, insta-lust, and a half baked realization of true love. The revenge aspect of the story was so far in the background it w
Dianne
Mar 23, 2014 Dianne rated it really liked it
Get ready for some sizzling romance, twisted intrigue and scandalous revelations in Avenge me by Maisey Yates. Two broken people, both filled with guilt from the past, one out to avenge her sister’s death, one coming to the realization that his multimillionaire philanthropist father has been keeping dark secrets, living a public lie. Austin has unknowingly benefited from the sins of his father, now he must expose those sins in the name of justice, while Katy needs to bring down the monster respo ...more
Shauni
Jun 22, 2014 Shauni rated it really liked it
Originally reviewed for Tea and Book.

The Fifth Avenue Trilogy. It's dark and deadly with a dangerous enemy and only a sliver of a chance to succeed. The fun part.. yes it's three books but it's also been written by three authors! Maisey Yates, Caitlin Crews and Kate Hewitt. Each author telling one story.

Avenge me is Book One and written by Maisey Yates. A darkly sensual story of redemption and revenge.

Katy Michaels was little more than a child when her older sister gave into despair and jumpe
Cheryl
Jun 03, 2014 Cheryl rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book. On one hand this book is like a guilty pleasure. You don't want to admit that you enjoyed it but at the same time you can't help but like it. I did read this book in a matter of a few short hours. While, I did like this book and it was a quick read, I did feel that the plot was a little weak. Really, so let me get this straight...girl meets boy, girl falls for guy, they have sex, girl and boy somehow get their revenge on the boy's father, and girl and boy f ...more
Desere
Jul 26, 2014 Desere rated it it was amazing
This is book one from the new Fifth Avenue series and tells of Austin Treffen He was born into a world of privilege, you know the never want for anything kind, but behind the gilded doors lies corruption so sordid New York's elite would never believe it!

Especially because his infamous philanthropic father lies at it's core. With everything he believed in shattered into a million pieces how is Austin meant to take down his father, risking the family name and those he loves , when he has no proof?
Sandy
Apr 15, 2014 Sandy rated it really liked it

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date May 27, 2014

TEN YEARS AGO ONE DEVASTATING NIGHT CHANGED EVERYTHING FOR AUSTIN, HUNTER AND ALEX. NOW THEY MUST EACH PLAY THEIR PART IN THE REVENGE AGAINST THE ONE MAN WHO RUINED IT ALL.

Austin Treffen was born into a world of privilege, but behind its gilded doors lies a corruption so sordid New York's elite would never believe it; especially as his infamous philanthropic father is at its core! With everything he believed in shattered, how can Austin take dow
Patti TheLoveJunkee
This is a review of all 3 books in the series - I don't think there are spoilers but be forewarned...

PJV Quickie: The Fifth Avenue Trilogy is an interesting concept in storytelling: 3 books, 3 authors, 1 story arc spanning the length of the 3 books. I liked how each book had a different "feel" to it, not just a different couple as main characters.

Review: This trilogy is the story of 3 friends, Austin, Hunter, and Alex, who want to avenge the death of their good friend, Sarah, who committed suici
Nicole D.
Jul 17, 2014 Nicole D. rated it it was amazing
Warning: This book has themes that not everyone can handle. If you can't handle sensitive subjects don't read this book.

I love revenge. No let me put that a little better. I LOVE revenge. I love when bad people get what's coming to them. I am not into that forgive them BS. Some people don't deserve forgiveness and this SoB is one of them. Some people deserve to be burned at the stake and Jason Treffen's one of those people. Now that I have told everyone my feelings on revenge and maybe freaked o
NomdePlumePress
I really really wanted to like this book. Firstly, I’ve liked the few Maisey Yates books I’ve read. They were funny and geeky and really lovely. Secondly, I’m crushing on the guy on the cover. At the RT Convention, there was a giant poster of the cover on the wall in the bar, and I spent far too much time trying to figure out how I could scale the wall and take him home with me. (Just look at him, all scowly and intense. Wouldn’t you want an 8-foot-tall version of him too?)

But Avenge Me just did
Carla
Mar 08, 2014 Carla rated it liked it
Avenge Me is not your typical "billionaire playboy with dominant sexual tendencies meets beautiful virgin" (although the characters are both). The relationship between Austin Treffen and Katy Michaels plays out against an intense subplot-the death of Katy's sister Sarah, and Katy's suspicion that Austin's father was somehow involved. Jason Treffen is a prominent and wealthy women's advocate lawyer, but he is hiding a dark secret-Jason is also the mastermind behind a prostitution and sex trade ri ...more
Nikki Brandyberry
Jun 01, 2014 Nikki Brandyberry rated it really liked it
As a first book in a trilogy wrote by three different authors, Maisey Yates sets the bar pretty high for those following her with Avenge Me. This was also my first experience with Maisey’s work and I wasn’t at all disappointed.

Austin Treffen is an elitist, raised by money and groomed from birth to follow in the footsteps of his father. Although becoming like his father is the last thing he actually wants to do considering what he’s long suspected is the true nature of the man. After a good frien
May Mostly Romance
Jun 23, 2014 May Mostly Romance rated it did not like it
Shelves: contemporary
เราชอบแบคกราวดของเรืองชุดนีนะคะ การฆาตัวตายของหญิงสาวคนนึงนำไปสูการเปลียนแปลงในชีวิตของชายสามคนทีเกียวของกับเธอ และเมือความจริงปรากฎวา เธอฆาตัวตายเพราะการกระทำของคนคนนึง ชายทังสามรวมมือกันเพือแกแคน

ปัญหากคือ เรืองนีไมไดตอบโจทยนัน เราไมรูวา เปนเพราะเรืองถูกเขียนโดยนักเขียนสามคน ทำใหประเดนเรืองการแกแคนดูไมมีนำหนัก แลวไมนาสนใจ ชนิดทีเราไมรูสึกวา พระเอกเรืองนีมีความจริงใจในการแกแคน คือเรืองเหมือนพยายามบอกวา เขากำลังทำบางอยางเพือเปิดเผยความจริง แตเรากลับไมเหนวา มันคืออะไร หรือจะชวยสถานการณไดยังไงบาง
Jess (Gone with the Words)
Read this review on my blog! --> Avenge Me by Maisey Yates

I was so glad that Avenge Me didn’t turn out to be one of those eroticas where the guy is so controlling, it makes me want to hurl the book across the room. Those type of guys are gross. It’s one thing to be domineering in the bedroom and a whole other thing to carry that trend into their everyday lives, especially with their significant others. I can’t stand it.

BUT!! Avenge Me didn’t have that icky factor. Austin is complex in his des
Sian
Jan 25, 2014 Sian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
5/10 stars for me (darn goodreads i really wish i could do half star ratings)

I really wanted to like this.
It started off with promise, the storyline was interesting and found myself wanting to know more about this "sex ring" how it operated etc but in the end it ended being more about Austin and Katy and their attraction to each other.

Let me start off by saying I got nothing against kinky stuff in that department but in the beginning I didn't feel the chemistry between them and really a virgin w
Melissa
Mar 13, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
***NetGallery Read***
*Adult Read*
Two stranger that act on a one night stand & there darkest sexual fantasy.Austin & katy a very good tortured couple.From the moment they met it was a sex fest lol.These to character had great chemistry.I loved how katy would tell Austin the truth...about herself as the book went on.

O sexy Austin you can protect(spank me) any day ...lol.a torched soul he is.Throughout the book great sex some mystery in the first few chapters then I found out what these two
For the Love of Books & Alcohol Blog
I loved the premise of this series. I love a good revenge story. Unfortunately, I had a hard time connecting with the characters. That being said, it seems that this was just me. A lot of readers loved this series. I am going to try it again in a few months and see if I feel differently. Happy reading!

Lee
Apr 09, 2014 Lee rated it really liked it
One of the best books I've read by Maisey Yates! Avenge Me has all the deliciousness of a Harlequin Presents but also delivers so much more. It's scandalously sizzling and full of twists. I would highly recommend to anyone who loves alpha male and revenge stories.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Fifth Avenue
Sheryl
Jan 14, 2014 Sheryl marked it as to-read
*NETGALLEY*
Linda
Jan 18, 2017 Linda rated it it was amazing
I freely chose to review this book and I HAVE to read the rest of the series!! I loved the fact that Katy Michaels sought revenge on the powerful Jason Treffen to crumble his dirty empire and get justice for her sister. She alone plotted to bring his sordid kingdom down and save every woman she could so that they never did what Sarah thought she had no choice to end the abuse.

Austin Treffen and his two friends were born to privilege, but they tried to not think about what happened ten years ago.
Cynthia
Apr 10, 2014 Cynthia rated it really liked it
Title: Avenge Me
Series: Fifth Avenue, book #1
Author: Maisey Yates
Genre: Harlequin Presents
ISBN: 9780373430376

This is the first of three in the Fifth Avenue Trilogy release dates are May, June and August. Each are stories about three men and women who want revenge against the man who brought death to a women who was very important to them. He must be taken down at any cost, it might cost each of them more them they are willing to part with.

Austin and Katy eyes meet across the crowded room. Each
Jessica Alcazar
I've decided to do this review as a full series review because the individual books did not give me so much problems as the series as a whole.
My biggest problem with the trilogy (but not really a trilogy is it, because there are 4 books to the whole story) is that it was SO anti-climatic by the end, I was almost sorry I spent the better part of a week invested in it. These books have an underlining theme ... to avenge the death of their friend. And each individual book, the hero takes a part in
ReadingDiva Book Reviews
***Originally posted @ReadingDiva's Blog ***

REVIEW: The title of a book should always entice readers to open the book, that’s exactly what happened when I saw Avenge Me by Maisey Yates. The title said READ ME and I was not able to walk away after that. I started reading the book with zero expectations hoping that it would surprise me and bring me excitement.

Avenge Me is the type of story that holds a unique plot and one that teases the reader enough to keep us entertained. They say revenge is be
  • Scandalize Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy #2)
  • Expose Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy, #3)
  • Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)
  • Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Gage Brothers #2)
  • Back in Her Husband's Bed
  • Seducing His Princess (Married by Royal Decree, #3)
  • The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
  • Prince of Secrets (By His Royal Decree, #2)
  • A Facade to Shatter (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #6)
  • An Invitation to Sin (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #2)
  • The Dimitrakos Proposition
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • Lying in Your Arms
  • One Good Cowboy
  • Matched to a Billionaire (Happily Ever After, Inc #1)
  • One Night with the Enemy
  • 10 Ways to Handle the Best Man
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Maisey Yates lives in rural Oregon with her three children and her husband, whose chiseled jaw and arresting features continue to make her swoon. She feels the epic trek she takes several times a day from her office to her coffee maker is a true example of her pioneer spirit. In 2009, at the age of twenty-three Maisey sold her first book.

Since then
More about Maisey Yates...

Fifth Avenue Trilogy (3 books)
  • Scandalize Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy #2)
  • Expose Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy, #3)

“I love you," he said. "Every broken piece of you, with every broken piece of me.” 8 likes
“We're two halves of a whole. We make a lot more sense when we're together.” 3 likes