Start by marking “Le guide du mauvais père 2” as Want to Read:
Le guide du mauvais père 2

Le guide du mauvais père 2 (Guide du mauvais père #2)

Ensañarse con su hijo para ganarle en un videojuego, soltarle el sermón a su hija por haberle ganado al escondite o, peor aún, inventarse una historia de psicópata asesino a la hora de acostarse... ¿Guy Delisle, autor de obras como Shenzhen, Pyongyang, Crónicas birmanas y Crónicas de Jerusalén, un mal padre? No, simplemente un autor de historietas que busca las ideas allí ...more
192 pages
Published January 2014

To ask other readers questions about Le guide du mauvais père 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Le guide du mauvais père 2

Sam Quixote
Sep 13, 2014 Sam Quixote rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even More Bad Parenting Advice is the sequel to last year’s The User’s Guide to Neglectful Parenting by the brilliant Guy Delisle.

Rather than dispensing advice though (not that the other book did either), this is a collection of very funny vignettes featuring Delisle and his son and daughter, both of whom are roughly between 5 and 10 years old.

Of course Delisle’s not really a bad parent but you can see he really enjoys teasing his kids like when he stresses out his boy by pretending to invite
Gavin
Oct 27, 2014 Gavin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cartoon
Randomly reserved at library due to funny title.

Turns out it was quite a laugh. This guy's dad character seems like a cross between me and Calvin's dad from Calvin & Hobbes. Some of the things are right on, to the point my wife was laughing hard and saying "did you read that? That's so you!" Well yes. The section where the dad buys comics for the kid instead of real books, and then promises a new PS3 (with Mario Kart??? oops!) to be the cool dad. Telling the son he's going to have a homeless
Kate
Oct 30, 2014 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do believe the proper title for this little series should just be Honest Parenting. We have more little cartoons here with the artist being a Dad and abusing his position as Dad to humorous effect. If you liked this first collection, you'll like this too. I do think this one if my favourite of the two though.
Jules
Kurzweilig, aber meiner Meinung nach oft nur mäßig lustig.
Melodie1974
Nov 16, 2015 Melodie1974 rated it really liked it
Excellent. Le meilleur à date
Kevin Summers
Nov 09, 2016 Kevin Summers rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
I read only the first half of this book -- I didn't see any humor in it.
Chelsea Pruitt
It has its funny points but also has some really dumb stuff. It's a fast read though.
Chee Chee
I usually love Guy Delisle's stuff, but this one just didn't do much for me. Perhaps the anecdotes are more relevant for parents who have experience with kids of a similar age to those in this book.
Nyuurei
"Le guide du mauvais père". Tout est dans le titre. A l'instar des livres comiques qui montrent des situations de la vie de tous les jours que nous avons tous vécu, celui-ci ne s'adresse pas forcément à tous les pères, et encore moins aux mauvais. Guy Delisle nous présente ainsi un papa et ses deux enfants, l'adorable petite Alice et son grand frère Louis. Bien entendu, il n'est pas si mauvais que ça, juste légèrement irresponsable, un peu trop franc, un peu jaloux de la maman (que l'on voit ...more
Simon Chadwick
Jan 21, 2015 Simon Chadwick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a follow-up to Guy Delisle’s A User’s Guide To Neglectful Parenting, a rather splendid collection of somewhat frightening yet recognisable scenarios we parents get to face. What’s good about this book, and its predecessor, is that it does make you feel you’re not alone, although there are several incidents that you hope never actually happened otherwise Mr Delisle may well find himself in trouble with the authorities.

His travelogue books are excellent observant records of travelling and
Phoenix
Nov 16, 2014 Phoenix rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Borrowed a copy from the library. Read out of order, as the first book wasn't available at the time, though a compilation of short vignettes isn't likely to be impacted by that.

Given all the reviews, I expected a much funnier read than I ended up experiencing. As per title and description, the book offers short graphical vignettes describing bad parenting advice. A little girl and her somewhat older brother are the recipients of this questionable advice. Unfortunately, most stories seemed to fal
Kimber
This is a trimmed down version of my review, to view the full review visit The Book Ramble.

Delisle art style is sort of like a comic strip, which makes it easy to read, and re-read like any classic newspaper comic strip. It's easily digestible and easily shared. This is a huge part of why I love Delisle work because it's really a great style for just about any reader. He also has a good sense of movement in his work, which I guess comes from his work in cartoons.

This book is vignettes about his
Clodjee
Jul 06, 2014 Clodjee rated it liked it
Shelves: bd
Bon, le second volume est très similaire un premier (que j'ai commenté précédemment). Il s'agit de seize petites histoires toutes simples (Mathématiques, Lundi midi, Les devoirs, Le visiteurs, La dent, Nuit au gîte, La piñata, La cachette, Warcraft II, La librairie, Le Cancre, Baignade à La Réunion, Pendaison de crémaillère, Surcharge pondérale, Flash-back et Ponctualité) d'une douzaine de pages (entre 6 et 16 pages, deux panneaux par page) où un père un peu égoïste et amoral abuse ...more
Kate
Nov 04, 2015 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Несмотря на ещё более ужасающее название, "вредные советы" на этот раз практически невинны. Дети немного подросли, так что подвергать их жизнь физическим опасностям нерадивым родителям нет необходимости. Теперь можно просто-напросто разрушить детскую психику неосторожными замечаниями и дурацкими шутками.
Прекрасно, что персонажи всех книг Делиля одинаковы - он сам, его жена и двое детей. Все они не меняются (правда, дети растут) от книги к книге, так что это как бы одна сквозная история (правда,
Jan 12, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you have read any of Guy's travel books, you will see a different side of him here, where he, as the stay at home dad, takes care of his kids as he sees fit. His same sense of humor is here, little short cartoons of his daughter's and his son's lives.

And example of the type of slice of life would be him going to parent night, and seeing his daughters exercise book, and sketching in it, instead of paying attention to what the teacher was saying.

I love his books when living in different countri
Renee
Feb 08, 2016 Renee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic
Even better than the original, Delisle comforts those of us helicopter-averse, imperfect, shamefully human parents of the world with his wonderful wit and honesty. Love those conversations with his kids, they are eerily similar to my own (Me to my 7-year-old: "Tanning? Why would you want to go tanning? We are super fair-skinned! Tanning will give you skin cancer and then you'll DIE!"). Just love this series.
Jennie
Nov 29, 2014 Jennie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was happy to stumble upon this bool while looking for something new at the library. The title made me giggle as does this book.

This translation (from Canadian Guy Delisle) is a simply drawn comic like narrative about a father with a son and daughter who gives terrible advice. The humour here is a bit dry and dark so it may not be everyone's cup of tea. It's a fast read, an hour or so if you have the time.

Mycala
Sep 04, 2016 Mycala rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Now I know -- Guy at his best is Guy's travel journals. Again, I am relieved that Guy is not my dad.
Nahree
Dec 02, 2014 Nahree rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love Guy DeLisle's humor and storytelling in his graphic novel travelogues, but this one just did not win me over. His punchlines fell short in the vignettes. However, I did like a few of the stories where he demonstrates flexibility as a "horrible parent": he is adorable with his daughter (the tooth pulling) in one story and horridly morbid with his son in the next (the psycho murderer at the b&b).
Sadie-jane (sj) alexis nunis
It's a Lil pricey for such a short book but because it is one of my favourite graphic artists... It is so worth every cent.
guy cracked me up with his brutally honest approach to parenting.. wish I had the earlier book as well.
If you haven't checked out his pyong yang and Burma titles.. Please do.. that's when he won me over as a fan.

btw, Alice is too cute
Mark Schlatter
Guy Delisle is back with more short cartoon stories that show how awful a parent he is (often because he overexplains all the terrible things that could happen to his kids in conversations with his kids). Funny, but nothing like his travel stuff --- I was strongly reminded of the gag cartoon paperbacks of the 70's and 80's.
S
Apr 14, 2016 S rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Fun very quick read in a comic format.
This is a dad just trying to be a dad in the same every day situations, we as parents all find ourselves in. The authors neglectful parenting and conversations that are too honest and should be more edited when talking to young children is laugh out loud funny.
Feather Mista
Oct 03, 2014 Feather Mista rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Malos
Recommended to Feather by: padres
Según la contratapa, Guy Delisle no es un mal padre sino un agudo observador que blablablá... No me consta ninguna de las dos cosas, pero sí que con este tomo me divertí un cachito más que con el anterior, pero me sigue resultando imposible no compararlo (y que salga perdiendo) con la barrabasada de La familia de Vivès.

Deborah
Feb 07, 2015 Deborah rated it really liked it
Shelves: dead-trees-2015
J'ai vraiment préféré le tome 2 au 1er. Plus de situations qui m'ont fait sourire, un père encore plus enfantin et rigolo, des leçons de vie encore plus percutantes, je trouve.

Vraiment une bonne bd amusante à lire!
Popzara Press
Mar 16, 2015 Popzara Press rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fast read that can (and should) be passed on to as many hands as possible, even those who lack little ones of their own.

Even More Bad Parenting Advice (2014) Book Review on Popzara
Maggie Gordon
Not terrible, but not particularly great either. Compared to Delisle's other work, this is a middling cute book, but it doesn't have a lot of reread potential. Definitely falls within the "it's okay" category.
Amanda
Jun 28, 2015 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tout comme le 1er tome, le livre est drôle (un peu plus que le 1er même) avec une lecture simple et rapide : un bon livre pour se changer les idées. Il y a peut-être une ou deux histoires qui sont moins amusantes que le reste de la BD.
Molly
Jun 01, 2016 Molly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Guy Deslisle's second volume of "parenting advice" is a blend of Jeffrey Brown's observations on the ways kids are weird and Bill Watterson's portrayal of Calvin's dad. A little dark, a little weird, a lot hilarious.
Monique
May 06, 2015 Monique rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just as silly, fun, and breezy as the first book. I really enjoy the inappropriate humour and bad jokes that the father shows to his kids. I suppose it reminds me of my own father.

Very much recommended. I read these both quit often but never remembered to review them until now.
Bouilloire
Jan 29, 2014 Bouilloire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Toujours aussi drôle. Mais même problème que le tome 1 : très mauvais rapport temps de lecture/prix.
  • Born to Be a Larve (Notes, #1)
  • Paul dans le Nord
  • La tête la première (Blast, #3)
  • L'Arabe du futur 2 : Une jeunesse au Moyen-Orient (1984-1985)
  • Le Gourmet solitaire
  • Les deuxièmes
  • Come prima
  • Bonny and Pierrot (Les Vieux Fourneaux, #2)
  • Le Pied-tendre (Lucky Luke, #2)
  • El arte de volar
  • La foire aux immortels (Nikopol #1)
  • The Playboy
  • Approximate Continuum Comics
  • Little Things: A Memoir in Slices
  • Les murailles de Samaris (Les Cités obscures, #1)
  • Susceptible
  • Moomin: The Complete Tove Jansson Comic Strip, Vol. 4
Born in Quebec, Canada, Guy Delisle studied animation at Sheridan College. Delisle has worked for numerous animation studios around the world, including CinéGroupe in Montreal.

Drawing from his experience at animation studios in China and North Korea, Delisle's graphic novels Shenzen and Pyongyang depict these two countries from a Westerner's perspective. A third graphic novel, Chroniques Birmanes,
More about Guy Delisle...

Guide du mauvais père (3 books)
  • A User's Guide to Neglectful Parenting