Start by marking “The Miracle Strip” as Want to Read:
The Miracle Strip

The Miracle Strip (Sierra Lavotini #1)

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  188 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
A Sexy Stripper-Sleuth Bares It All to Catch a Cold-Blooded Killer in The Miracle Strip by Nancy Bartholomew

The whip-smart Sierra Lavotini is the hottest act on Panama City's strip scene. She's the headliner at the bare-all bar, the Tiffany Club. Besides her bodacious business, Sierra's life is fairly simple. And that's the way she likes it. But when a good friend, Denise,
Published November 12th 2013 by Minotaur Books (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Miracle Strip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Miracle Strip

Robert
Aug 12, 2013 Robert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sierra Lavotini has mountainous hooters. It’s not really relevant to the story, but I just thought I’d throw it out there, since this kind of information is important when you’re a guy. It’s mentioned early on (page four to be exact), along with the exact dimensions (38DDs), so it takes all suspense and mystery out of the equation, and I can focus on the task at hand. Which is writing my review and engaging your attention for the next few minutes or so.

What struck my attention wasn’t the cup siz
bell
Jun 17, 2015 bell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was looking for a series like the Stephine Plum series. I found Nancy Bartholmew's "sierra" and feel this is BETTER then Stephanie Plum. Sierra needs help but can also take care of her self, whereas Stephanie has become somewhat weak as time goes on. The "stripper" character , I feel , is totally believable .
The mystery is also written better, there is actually a mystery. Granted shes not an agatha christy, it is still an easy read, but enjoyable.
Unfortunately, St. Martins, the publisher, didn
Margaret Skrivseth
This book is the first in the Sierra Lavotini mystery series. They are set in Panama City, Florida.

As a native Floridian, and from north Florida at that, I found Nancy Bartholomew's descriptions of the area and people to be believable and entertaining. I really enjoyed the confidence of the lead character, Sierra. Typically, I don't like the first novel in a series, but this one was great, and has left me eager to see the development of the characters as the series progresses.

Meg
Dec 08, 2013 Meg rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. 2nd in series. Sierra Lavotini comes from a family of Philly firefighters. She is making her own way as a stripper at an "elegant" club in Panama City, Florida. A few quirky but realistic characters, nice plot lines that aren't obvious and just enough humor and violence makes this an entertaining series. Not new, so no cell phones, only dial up computer access, etc. Numbers 3 and 4 are waiting for me at my public library!
Sierra Lavotini is a beautiful exotic dancer whose friend Denise's dog is missing with a $100,000 ransom. Sierra discovers that she doesn't know very much about her friend after Denise disappears and Sierra tries to find her. This book was filled with the colorful characters in Sierra's life from the strip club and her trailer park. It was an interesting story with a fast pace.
Dundee Library
Nancy Bartholomew's Mystery series featuring stripper/detective Sierra Lavotini. They may not be as outrageously funny, but they do include quirky secondary characters, fast pacing, snappy dialog, and a sassy heroine. Start with The Miracle Strip.
Suzanne
Jul 13, 2009 Suzanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Krista, Jennifer, Emily
Recommended to Suzanne by: M is for Mystery Club
Shelves: mysteries
Anna
Apr 23, 2009 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this series about Sierra Lavotini. She was a funny, likable, heroine with an unusual occupation. I wish that there were more books in the series or that it felt more completed.
Melissa
Jan 24, 2011 Melissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This was a fun fast mystery. I am hoping this is not the last I will see of Sierra Lavotini.
Alissa
Nov 28, 2008 Alissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it's a funny amateur sleuth mystery, for those who like Janet Evanovich type mysteries
Apr 17, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Miracle Strip (Sierra Lavotini Mysteries) by Nancy Bartholomew (1998)
Carol
Feb 11, 2011 Carol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
New author- light-weight mystery featuring stripper in Panama City.
Stacey
Dec 08, 2006 Stacey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun mystery/crime with a woman heroine (sort of). Fun Series
Niece
May 29, 2015 Niece rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exotic Dancer, Sierra Lavotini-funny light mystery
Chad Rohrbacher
Jul 21, 2012 Chad Rohrbacher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny, witty, and engaging story.
Adri
Feb 21, 2012 Adri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Suzi G
Suzi G rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Janelle
Janelle marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Caitlyn
Caitlyn marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Brad Clovning
Brad Clovning marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Vivian
Vivian marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Patty
Patty rated it it was ok
Apr 22, 2016
Jo
Jo rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2016
W. Price
W. Price marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Nan Slaysman
Nan Slaysman marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Matt
Matt rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Andy Stamatkin
Andy Stamatkin marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
  • Bitch Factor
  • Batteries Required (Samantha Shaw Mystery, #4)
  • Devil's Food (A Loretta Kovacs Thriller, #1)
  • The Curse of the Dragon God (Fathom's Five, #3)
  • Deadly Dreams (Deadly Mystery, #3)
  • Swift Justice (A Charlie Swift Mystery #1)
  • The Actress
  • The Butcher of Beverly Hills (McAffee Twins, #1)
  • Bad Manners (Lilly Bennett, #1)
  • Sanctuary (Red Rock Pass, #1-2)
  • The Fractal Murders
  • A Hoale Lot of Trouble (Hoale Construction Mystery #1)
  • A Bloodhound To Die For
  • Working Stiff (Sofie Metropolis, #4)
  • Dead to the Max (Max Starr, #1)
  • Lessons in Discovery (Cambridge Fellows, #3)
  • The Ming and I (Den of Antiquity, #3)
  • Descent into Dust (Emma Andrews #1)

Sierra Lavotini (4 books)
  • Drag Strip