Start by marking “Darkness (New Species, #12)” as Want to Read:
Darkness (New Species, #12)

Darkness (New Species #12)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  1,128 ratings  ·  161 reviews
Kat’s boss wants dirt on the NSO. She is sent to Homeland undercover but everything goes wrong as soon as she enters the front gates. She is arrested by a big, powerful, sexy New Species but she is not frightened. He turns her on and things heat up fast between them. Now, she just hopes he does not break her heart.

Darkness admires Kat’s courage but he cannot trust anything...more
Published September 23rd 2014 by Ellora's Cave Publishing Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Darkness, please sign up.

LaurenAnnie Yes, she has mentioned on her website that she is planning on writing Vengeance's story :)
Captivated by You by Sylvia DayBeautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuireThe King by J.R. WardCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareRush Too Far by Abbi Glines
Most anticipated books of 2014
178th out of 2,143 books — 9,365 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
198th out of 2,500 books — 15,411 voters

More lists with this book...

Ashen
UPDATE for you guys! LD has posted some snippets of books to come. I have three here, and Smiley, Breeze, Flame and LEO <3 on my Smiley review because I can't fit them all on one. There is also one of Kit, but I couldn't fit her in so I didn't bother. These are completely unedited and are not final in any way. I just thought I'd share them with you guys since not everyone can find them on Facebook.

Harley;
(view spoiler)...more
Just My Bucking Book Blog

Laurann, I really want Darkness...I just...

_
description

Rebecca ♥ Mat Cauthon ♥
OMG *flailing*!!!! Seriously, I think I'm gonna cry.

"Question - Does (insert name here) get a book?
Laurann - Most of the Species you’ve read about get books. I have a LONG list. The most asked about are Breeze (yes), Ven (yes), Brass (yes), Darkness (yes...NEXT book after True!!!), Jaded (yes), Jericho (yes), Smiley (yes), and Flame (yes...and it’s Amanda).
927 will have a book though. He will get a name too. "

I am flipping out over Jericho!!! Also Brass, Smiley, and 927 is awesome!

And OMG I ne...more
Sammy, the Cyborg Slut  & Lover of Books
Well my original review has vanished, so I'll start over!!

Darkness…Oh I can only imagine how beautiful he must be
description

Cierra
I want Ven, he needs a human mate!! I am re-reading Tiger and all I can say is oh. my. Gawd! I want him to end up happy so I am really hoping that he gets his happy ending next!!!
Ladymcbeth
OMG
Can i repeat ... OMG

I really loooooooooooooove this story. Another good one for the NS (okay, i'm a huge fan !)

Kat is a FBI agent on a mission, Darkness is ... well Darkness.
They meet
They fight
They watch each other
They love
... and fireworks !

Of course there is a HEA
Now i'm waiting for Smiley in one month ... it's too long ^^
Sandra

COVER RELEASE!

*SQUEEL*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS FOR SO LONG!

DARKNESS IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITES!

THE COVER'S SO SEXY!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

COMING OUT 23rd SEPTEMBER !

feeb's of destruction
Aug 04, 2014 feeb's of destruction marked it as to-read
Shelves: new-species
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just finished true I seriously cant wait for DARKNESSS he is totally my type of man. DARK,DANGEROUS,MYSTERIOUS,SEXYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I honestly want the heroine to be a badass and I want her to be scarred too so she can understand his pain.
Momoka
Feb 07, 2014 Momoka marked it as to-read
2014 is a long time....
Can I at least get a month, if that's too much I'll settle for a season. I like spring, spring is nice. Summer is good too. Just not winter, the concept of that is too depressing. I might go deprivation mode by summer...pleeeease... with puppies and kitten and all things that are fluffy and cute
Katrina
Dohner really knows how to push the right buttons to make you seriously hate the antagonist in her books. I wanted to see Kat's boss suffer forever in less than two pages into the book.

The book as a whole was really good, but not GREAT! It doesn't make my top 5 but it's far from bad. Much like in Shadow's story, she's really setting up a great potential match for another couple with Kat's best friend and maybe Book, we'll see.

Darkness was really on again off again through the entire book and it...more
Faye
May 02, 2014 Faye added it
I so can't wait to read Darkness' story. I wonder who he's going to pair up with. It would be pretty interesting to know the female who captured his heart. Although I actually thought Flame might come first than him.
Veronica Del Rosa
I am in love and my new love has a name. Laurann Dohner. Oh dear lord, that was amazing. Simply utterly amazing.
I'll be completely honestly, I skipped a lot of the sex scenes in the earlier books. There was too many of them and they bored me. This book, I didn't skip a single one. Holy mother of pearl, they were intense and HOT! Darkness can have his wicked, delicious way with me any time he pleased.
And Kat, seriously, how awesome was Kat?! A kick ass woman who wasn't a ball buster, total bitch...more
MckenzieB.
Dec 06, 2013 MckenzieB. marked it as to-read
I love Darkness (as I love all other species characters) but I was really hoping for Jericho. I am sure that Darkness will be awesome though!!
Stephanie
I've been dying for Jericho's book but I'll take Darkness while I wait no problem!!!
Melissa ***BITCH, I'M READING!***
SEPTEMBER 23rd, bitches!!
Bernadett Surányi
Aug 30, 2014 Bernadett Surányi marked it as to-read
New book, a new book!!!

I love this series, it's my all-time favourite. Each story is simply a masterpiece, and I should be very happy because of the new release. I am, indeed. But...

I've wanted Vengeance's story for months. I was particularly attached by his sadness, loneliness and hopelessness. I really want to read Darkness, but I feel a little disappointed.

When can we get Vengeance's story?

Pretty please?
Victoria
3.25+ RATING- I've been on the fence about this series for the last few books. I think I may be burned out on the New Species but yet, I keep reading. Darkness was okay for me but that's about it. I have no real complaints but at the same time have nothing great to say about the book either.

For me, it rates the same as the last few books have. I do have very high hopes that we will get my hearts desire soon which would be one of the Taskforce members falling in love with A Gift New Species. I'v...more
SamJ
★Book Basics★

Genre : - Paranormal Romance
Series : - 12th in the series - Advised to read the rest in the series first, due to all the background history of the NS
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author? - Yes
Rating - 4

★Review★

It is no secret how much I love this series.

After 12 books, you might expect it all to be a bit samey - and it is in certain parts - yet, s...more
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
DARKNESS DOES NOT DISAPPOINT!!!!

WOW!!! I don't know what to say except this book was very very good!!! Darkness was everything I expected and more. Darkness starts were True bk12 leaves off the interrogation of Jerry Boris or shall I say the beat down of Jerry who finally gets what he has deserved from Bk 1 Fury. Katrina Decker is going undercover for her boss Robert Mason of the FBI. She is told to play the role of a Forensic expert and teach the New Species on how to investigate a crime scene,...more
Shannon Gallagher
Darkness: the New Species who’s fast become one of my favourites.

Just...WOW. Darkness had a different feel compared to the other New Species novels. It felt different. Good different. We’ve never had a New Species who’s been as Darkness is, completely trapped in his past, undeservingly depriving himself of his needs, and Kat, the fiercely, loving kickass FBI agent.

I loved everything about this book. I adored both main characters and everything they went through. I loved that we saw a lot of Fu...more
Kari
Katrina is an undercover FBI agent, she's tough, smart and independent. Darkness is one of the "darkest" New Species and in this book he lives up to his reputation. He's not an easy character to love, regardless of his heartbreaking past. He spends most of the book pushing Kat away from him and it became annoying. I loved catching up with the other New Species couples though and will continue the series.
Jessica

Finally we have a release date for Darkness!
Dee's Reading nook
I don't know how Laurann Dohner does it, but each book of New Species series get better and better. I LOVE THIS SERIES AND WILL BE READING IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AFTER I GO THROUGH HER OTHER SERIES. I Loved Darkness and his feisty mate, Kat but then too, I love each book in the series. Darkness, book 12 of New Species goes back to the origin of the jerks at Mercile pharmaceutical company who created New Species.

It's been said that the books in this series can be read as standalone--- not t...more
Katie aka Ms. Phoenix
Usually when I've been awaiting a book that I really wanted to read my expectations are so high that I'm so let down I want to cry. For the love of the New Species this was not the case.

Darkness is a tortured soul, Mercile Industries did unthinkable things to him and since then he has only lived for his job and has as little social interaction as possible. You need information either by talking or torture? Then Darkness is your male.

Katrina works for the FBI and her boss Mason has sent her in u
Alisa
3.5 Stars :0)

Very predictable. I knew WHY he was going to give in and what had to happen in order for him to do so.

The story was still good. I love the New Species series. The heroine was very good. I mean, communication couldn't have been better in this relationship. No angst... besides on his part... but that was understandable.

Enjoyable read!
Cassandra Mello
Dec 17, 2013 Cassandra Mello marked it as to-read
need now!!! seriously thrilled for this one, I am getting a teeny bit of a Krell vibe from Darkness and Krell has been my favorite cyborg so far! I love the mysterious loner types! There is something so intangibly sweet about male reluctance and standoffishness, and I really like the sweet, caring, persistent types that they end up with, some of my favorite heroines are that way. I want to go back and read some of the other New Species books just for the snippets of Darkness ♥
Miss Val *Shameless, Bitchy, Skanky & Not Sorry*
I am having trouble getting into this and I know it's because I'm just not in the mood for this genre right now...putting it on hold to pick up later!
Lisa Jamison-loyd
Darkness Found His Light!

This is the 12th book on the New Species (NS) story by Laurann Dohner...and well worth the wait!! Without giving away too much you have a stubborn male, a bull-headed female, friends, family, danger, intrigue, sadness, happiness and love. Oh, and did I mention hot, sweaty, NS sex?? Yup, it's in there!!
Laurann's writing in this series just keeps getting better and better
She is not only able to keep the past books woven into the one the reader has in front of them, but sh...more
Amanda
Amazon release date- 9/23/2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
I can't wait!
Hope
Oct 19, 2013 Hope marked it as to-read
OMG!! Yay I have been waiting for his!! Darkness just seems like an interesting character!! Can't wait to find out who tames him ;) haha yay!!
I WANT ANOTHER FEMALE CHARACTER TO HAVE A BOOK 4 64 May 28, 2014 08:00PM
  • Light My Fire (Dragon Kin, #7)
  • Stolen by Raze (Grabbed, #4)
  • Wray (Tornians, #2)
  • Azagoth (1001 Dark Nights, #6; Lords of Deliverance, #5.5;  Demonica, #10.5)
  • Night Unbound (Immortal Guardians, #5)
  • Siren's Song (Gray Court, #5)
  • Pia Saves the Day (Elder Races, #6.6)
  • Cain's Identity (Scanguards Vampires, #9)
  • Marked (Dark Protectors, #7)
  • Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark #14)
  • Hakan/Severin (Bayou Heat, #11-12)
  • Twisted (Eternal Guardians, #7)
  • The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld, #11)
  • Bear Attraction (Shifters Unbound, #6.5)
  • Twin Dragons (Dragon Lords of Valdier, Book 7)
  • Wolf's Fall (Alpha Pack, #6)
  • Dark Blood (Dark, #26)
  • Tall, Silent & Lethal (Pyte/Sentinel, #4)
3190846
I had a rather short area here telling a little about me but then I had more than a few people ask me to expand it so... here goes. LOL. I'm a full time home 'supervisor' which is a nice word for saying I'm a housewife. I'm married happily, I met my dream guy 20 years ago, and we have 4 children. I live in Southern California and I can't function without iced coffee. I believe in romance, I've alw...more
More about Laurann Dohner...
Fury (New Species, #1) Valiant (New Species, #3) Slade (New Species, #2) Justice (New Species, #4) Tiger (New Species, #7)