Start by marking “Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 3

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 3 (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus #3)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  3,436 ratings  ·  54 reviews
The third volume of our "Buffy" omnibus series follows the gang through harrowing trials and tribulations--slaying vampires, going to high school, and young love. Angel has lost his soul and found it again, Xander and Cordelia kiss and make up, and Willow and Oz confront his inner beast. With so much romance in the air, it seems only natural that we would catch up with Spi ...more
Published January 22nd 2008 by Dark Horse Comics (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 3

Brittany

***Pink Taco Buddy Read with the Shallow Readers! Female Lead this time: Buffy Summers. And Willow and Cordelia***

Buffy is always a win for me, even though some of the comics inside this omnibus are less than stellar. Because of this, my review will be short.

Joss created an incredible world filled with vampires and demons and witches and regular kids just being assholes, and sprinkled it with stars. The people who helped create these separate comics try, and often times succeed. There are many i
Liz
I'm going to be upfront and mention that probably any and all Buffy and/or Angel graphic novels are going to be totally biased on my part. I kind of have a borderline unhealthy obsession with Buffy...so yeah. I'll still try to be critical, but they're pretty much all going to be five star ratings from me. ;)

As in my "Charmed" graphic novel reviews, I'll be breaking these down by issue. I don't discuss too much of storyline because I like to stay mostly spoiler free. ;)

1.) Wu-Tang Fang
Plot: So,
Kate
Of the three volumes I've read so far of the Buffy Omnibuses, this is my least favorite. Buffy is very sexualized by the artist (wearing crop tops, tank tops, and with an impossibly tiny waist in ridiculous poses and so on), the stories are little mini stories that often don't feel resolved (especially (view spoiler) ...more
Kelly
"Decapitation with a smile!"

The third volume of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus features an even dozen stories, all of which are concurrent with Season 3 of the television series:

Wu-Tang Fang - The Scoobies dust the "Mickey Rourke of China," a traveling vampire named San Sui who feeds on the blood of vanquished foes.

Halloween - The night before Halloween, Willow storms out of the house after an argument with the 'rents, and swiftly falls into the clutches of a group of vamps.

Cold Turkey -
River
Buffy > everyone/everything else. So honestly, I wouldn't even care if some of the stories aren't that great.

I have never rated comics before, so ya know, I'll just write down my opinions on the plot, art, personal favorites and an 'overall'.

Plot: Volume 3 had a lot of great stories, how I wished some of these would've actually happend on the series.

Art: Sometimes really great, sometimes really not. I kept being annoyed at the fact that Willow's hair was NOT red in the first few stories. Sam
Fi♥Moon♥Love
Aug 13, 2015 Fi♥Moon♥Love rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Buffy Fans and Supernatural Fans and Readers
The Scooby Gang is back!

In this 3rd (omnibus) volume of Buffy the Vampire Slayer we get to see Angel back in action.. together with Buffy!
And lots of adventures and mysteries with the scoobie gang!

From kidnapping to turkey's, from a tango to Ice Demons to black dogs, to sleepovers!
Raúl
Este cómic es súper irregular. Algunas historias están bien, otras no tanto. Eso sí, nada que ver con la serie y sus grandes diálogos y guiones. Aquí los diálogos ingeniosos se notan forzados la mayoría de las veces. Cuando los leí la primera vez, los recordaba mejores, pero supongo que al leer tantos tan seguidos en un mismo tomo, pierde bastante.
McKayla
The only thing I have to say about this collection of Buffy stories is that I wish they would have been on screen. Most of them were very interesting and I think would have been great to see in live action. Hopefully that will be the case for all the future stories.
Federiken Masters
Otra vez me encuentro con comics de Buffy con guiones bastante buenos, diálogos fluidos y buen trato a los personajes... Y con dibujos que son una basura en un 90% de los casos. Espero que el tomo que viene me haga sangrar un poco menos los ojos.
Curtis Schofield
First 'Story' in the omnibus is epic in length (compared to all other buffy omnibus stories to date)

Continues to be fun buffy-fix reading. It's the best of pulp vampire camp w/ excellent enjoyable characters!
Jesus Flores
Buffy comics 3

Ok, first lets get what I didn’t like about this comic out, the drawing is wrong, in terms that you can’t really tell who is who until you read someone tell a name, they draw Oz as muscular man, and is quite easy to confuse Angel with Xander.

Now the stories themselves.
Wu Tang Fang, a Samurai Ninja Demon-Vampire, that one was fun 4 stars
Halloween, this one looks like a good script for a Halloween themed episode, action and siguises, nice 5 stars

Cold Turkey, Kind of a continuation to
Jim
I didn't enjoy these as much as earlier stories. I'd probably have rated them a star lower if I didn't already love all the characters enough to hear their voices in my head as I read these comics.

These stories were attempted to be interwoven through Season 3, and succeed somewhat. Though many were published without being able to get the full scoop on what was happening in the show at that instant - which makes them a bit out of canon. (Like if someone breaks up in episode 8, the comics that ha
Brittany
The Buffy gang is back again in the third volume of Dark Horses Omnibus collections. This volume, while somewhat lacking in character development (even though Dark Horse explains the lack of Faith, it's very noticeable), it still has the heart and soul of season three of the show.

Wu-Tang Fang: The most Xander centric story of the volume, and possibly the comic series, is not as great as it deserves to be. Written by Andi Watson, this story places Xander Harris at the scene. While Buffy and the r
Marcel
Taking place in Season 3, this omnibus volume contains more straightforward "interstitial" stand-alone stories, conveniently missing major characters (Where is Faith? Isn't this Season 3?) in favor of strictly Scooby Gang adventures. The introduction by Scott Allie points out that Buffy Season 3's original air time was when the first Buffy comics were released, and they had been planned Buffy Comic #1 during Season 2's air time. So the lack of Angel (due to his being bad) in the plot even though ...more
Alexa
To be quite honest, this is not the greatest collection of comics of all time for many reasons. I mean let's face it: the art isn't top notch and neither is the storytelling. In fact, the art and dialogue are often so bad that it can be laugh-out-loud funny. It is pretty obvious in reading this collection that whomever was making these issues was not that familiar or that passionate about the show.

So you might be asking why I gave it four stars. Well.... I gave it four stars for nostalgia reaso
Melissa
I have only recently delved into the world of reading comics, so my opinion here is probably not worth much. But having read some of the comics made for Firefly, I was excited when my husband brought me this and another Buffy omnibus as a treat. They make for fun, quick reading. I liked this edition because each story was its own epic adventure, with a different team creating their own versions of the world, but yet capturing the essence of the characters and the story throughout.
Emily
Mostly a series of one-shots, although a couple are connected, taking place in Season 3 of Buffy. The editor explains in the forward that these were written concurrently with the airing of said season, so the authors tried to keep most major elements from affecting that arc and having canon continuity be interrupted. The illustrations are good; most drawings resemble the actors quite well, although in the first few, Willow's hair is rather more brown than red. The stories are fun and in tune wit ...more
Sampras
Liked it better than omnibus volume 2. More witty banter is needed but there were fewer stories with the characters drawn oddly (I.e. Less Willow in tight shirts and other out of character outfits) and much more fitting dialogue.
Lindsay Frost

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 3

Publisher: Dark Horse Book
# of Pages: 302
Age Rating: 15+
My Rating: 4 Stars

Review:
When I first got this book(comic) from the library, I didn't think that I would like it. But I LOVE it! I thought that it was amazing! This is one of my favorite vampire book( or comic).
Of course, I have not watch any of the T.V show or read any other Buffy books except for this one so I don't really know anything about it, but I thought that it was so neat!
I would give it 5 st
Tracy
ok, so getting better. even the art drastically improved after the first couple of stories (although the first ones sort of made my eyes hurt they were so poorly drawn).

although, one question: why can nobody properly draw seth green? sarah michelle gellar seems to pose no problem, nor does david boreanaz (although he has that nice overhanging brow i suppose). xander is usually ok (they just have to get the eyebrows right) and cordelia was looking pretty accurate especially toward the end. but wi
Julia
My least favorite of the omnibuses thus far. The holiday related issues seemed nonsensical and campy, and the monster of the week stories included were often similar.
Meg
The scripts in this one are split between Chris Golden and Andi Watson. Golden gets away from this one pretty clean, but I gotta say, Watson doesn't. Volume 3's art was even more distracting than Volume 2's, but the appearance of Cliff Richards is promising for Volume 4. The stand-out in this Volume is Food Chain, Part 1 and 2. The story's by Chris Golden, and the pencils are by Christian Zanier.

For most of the book, I was just cringing whenever Giles or Oz appeared. Man. OH. And I think we won
Desiree
This omnibus was not as good as the first two. I would not recommend this one unless you're a major BtVS fan and want to read anything dealing with these characters and this world.

There were a couple that I liked a bit more than the other comics in this volume but there weren't many. The Latest Craze was fun and I liked that they brought in Buffy's ring from Angel and Willow's Pez-Witch. New Kid on the Block and Food Chain pt 1 & 2 I also enjoyed.

However other than those three there wasn't
Toni
My first Graphic Novel and I loved it but then again I love Buffy!
Allysa Ivey
The art is beautiful
Franki
The third omnibus collection centres around the third season of Buffy- one if my favourites by far, mostly due to the inclusion of Faith... Who is, sadly, left out of the comics (there is a given explanation in the introduction, so it can be forgiven!).
The stories within are very Scooby centred and, on occasion, a little boring. However, the introduction of Selke the vampire caught ny attention as there is a whole storyline about her included in the next omnibus!
Cute, fun, light reading.
Olivia
Feb 11, 2012 Olivia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
This edition of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus takes place during the 3rd season (again). This installment was not my favorite of the three I have read so far, but I gave it the same grade because it is part of the Buffy universe and I didnt hate it so...
My main problem with this one was the artwork. It was very inconsistent within the stories even. The characters didn't even look like themselves. And I know art isnt perfect but come on.
Stephen Theaker
Nowhere near as good as volumes one and two, but then they mostly date from the end of the series, and have the added interest of showing us episodes in Buffy's life that predate the tv series, not to mention dealing with the retrospective presence of Dawn. These stories are okay, but they date from the very beginning of the comic and it shows.
Adam Ross
The least interesting Buffy volume yet. These represent some of the earliest issues, which had no involvement from anyone on the show. They are really struggling to come up with material. Hopefully, the later volumes will return to the interesting level of the first two volumes.
Ryan Mishap
Garish and glorius, these comics are often simple. always fun, and sometimes even getting away with a deeper meaning. These are the stories that happened on the days we weren't shown on TV. Various styles keep the look changing and some of it is often good.
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 2
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 4
  • Spike Omnibus
  • Angel Omnibus
  • The Book of Fours (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #23)
  • Angel: After the Fall, Volume 3
  • Out of the Madhouse (The Gatekeeper Trilogy, #1)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Retreat (Season 8, #6)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Panel to Panel
Eric Powell has contributed work on such comics titles as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Hellboy: Weird Tales, Star Wars Tales, The Incredible Hulk, Black Panther, The Avengers, The Hood, MAD Magazine, Devil Dinosaur, Swamp Thing, the Avengers, She-Hulk, the Simpsons, Arkham Asylum: Living Hell and Action Comics.

Although eking out a meager living in the comics field since 1995, Eric didn't find
More about Eric Powell...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus (7 books)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 1
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 2
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 4
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 5
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 6
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 7
The Goon, Volume 1: Nothin' but Misery Rough Stuff (The Goon TPB #0) The Goon, Volume 2: My Murderous Childhood (and Other Grievous Yarns) The Goon, Volume 3: Heaps of Ruination The Goon, Volume 6: Chinatown and The Mystery of Mr. Wicker