Start by marking “Behind the Green Curtain” as Want to Read:
Behind the Green Curtain

Behind the Green Curtain

When Caton’s sleazy boss offers her a position as his wife’s personal assistant, she accepts the job with reservations, certain Jack Halston has ulterior motives.

After meeting Jack’s wife Amelia, though, it’s Caton’s motivations that begin to unravel. As vicious as she is beautiful, Amelia threatens Caton’s position and her sense of decorum.

As the attraction between the tw
Published September 17th 2013 (first published September 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Behind the Green Curtain, please sign up.

Kima hey Lana,
i also loved this book!
did you read those ones (they're matching many of the adjectives in your question) :
- "Shadowland" by Radclyffe <=…more
hey Lana,
i also loved this book!
- "Shadowland" by Radclyffe <= the edgiest imho, but God ... !!
- "Thirteen Hours" by Meghan O'Brien
- "The night off" by Meghan O'Brien
- "Wild" by Meghan O'Brien(less)
And Playing the Role of Herself by K.E. LaneWaiting in the Wings by Melissa BraydenThe Gravity Between Us by Kristen ZimmerJericho by Ann McManHow Sweet It Is by Melissa Brayden
Best F/F Romance Books
45th out of 717 books — 577 voters
And Playing the Role of Herself by K.E. LaneWaiting in the Wings by Melissa BraydenHow Sweet It Is by Melissa BraydenHeart Block by Melissa BraydenLoved and Lost by Stephanie Kusiak
Best Femme/Femme Couples
16th out of 138 books — 163 voters

More lists with this book...

Jem
This is one of those titles I would have completely ignored if not for a friend's enthusiastic recommendation. I don't normally go for erotic romances because I tend to skip over repetitive sex scenes and I'll probably just end up skipping most of the book! :) For me, the emotional connect just isn't there anymore when they've done it Nth number of times so let's just get on with the story already. :)

Not this book though. The blurb pretty much explains upfront the infidelity angle. So I was exp
Kurt
Nov 17, 2016 Kurt rated it really liked it
11.17.16 — Thoughts in at 38%. I reread this tale of obsession and was not impressed as I obviously was the first time around. The book has a lot of back and forth with "will she/won't she" with the two women, attached to others, who are sexually obsessed with each other. I wouldn't be caught dead reading this if either character was a man.

First of all, for any book I have ever reviewed as a moralist concerning fidelity, I apologize as I loved this story, which does contain infidelity. I really
Penny
May 21, 2015 Penny rated it really liked it
What makes Behind the Green Curtain such an appealing book is the simple fact that we (readers) also become obsessed with Amelia. That's the key word for the most part of the book: obsession. As in "the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc". The arabs call it Zahir: something or someone that once is touched, cannot be forgotten. That's what drives us through the pages along with Caton.
Megzz
Wow. I'm speechless. That was such a roller coaster. The storyline is quite original, and surprising. The sex scenes are extremely arousing, but are all written with purpose. There's a great dynamic between both characters who find themselves falling in love after what they thought would be a strictly sexual relationship. Amelia is such a mystery and such an interesting character, I found myself feeling and falling for her when the story unfolded. I love that the dominant/submissive sexual ...more
Fia
When I first started this, I was pretty sure I'd give it 4 or even 5 stars.

And then it went to hell. At first I really liked the sex scenes, because they were really hot.

You see, you have four types of F/F romance books:

1. There is one big /usually the first time/ love scene, mostly at the end. And that's all.
2. There are a few more after the big one, so maybe like two or three. Usually not that hot and often 'goes to black' scenario or the other love scenes are only intended.
3. No love scene
Musa
Jan 18, 2015 Musa rated it it was amazing
I've accidentally discovered this book browsing through one of the list on listopia. Wow! What a good find!

When I was initially reading the book, I thought it would be about Amelia and Caton's D/s relationship, it was clear that in between Caton and Amelia, Amelia is the one dictating their terms of the relationship and holding up the power. It was until almost half way through the book that I start to get really hooked and warm up with Amelia. She's such an enigma but her back story runs a lot
Netty
Dec 31, 2015 Netty rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Honestly this was a brilliant read, I can't remember the last time I read a book as good as to say I wanted more.

Even though this story was full of sex it wasn't off putting or repetitive at all, I found it to be an important part of this story as was the amount of emotion behind it, not a lot was said about feelings between the two main characters but it didn't need to be, you just knew the feelings were there without cheesy liners being inserted "thank god"
Anna  (Bananas!)
This was different, in a good way. The central relationship was very engaging for me, and the writing was lovely. The sex scenes were excellent, much better than in most books I've read with lesbian main characters. The sex felt real and sensual and, um, worked for me. I want more f/f like this basically. I'll definitely be checking into the authors other queer books.

The one disappointment I had was that the relationship lost its delicious tension once Amelia became less of a mystery. She was al
Bib
Oct 16, 2015 Bib rated it it was amazing
On first looks at the synopsis, cover and title, it is a put off. It's a good thing the reviews at goodreads swerve me otherwise. Though the adultery thing has been niggling at me, it's a great story with very complex characters namely Amelia. The sex scenes are bountiful but tastefully written. Upon my second reading, I realized that I missed out on some details. This is definitely a book worth re-reading. I look forward to more works by this author.
Anja
Dec 21, 2013 Anja rated it it was amazing
This book was different, wow. Not in a bad way. It took a while before the story sucked me in. It was a mixture of sexual tension, power struggle and defeat with a touch of unexpected occurances, a rollercoaster ride of emotions and lots of sex ;) always different and moving from pure need over pure want to pure love. Well done Riley Lashea!

Jen
Oct 13, 2013 Jen rated it it was amazing
Wow. Okay this was good. Sometimes great. Unexpected even.

When I read the synopsis about this one I had some doubts. It contains a few elements that I personally am not a big fan of reading about. Adultery being the greatest. Of course who is a fan of that one? I also wasn't sure from the wording of the description that the "husband" wouldn't be involved in the sexual relationship between the two women. Rest assured he is not. The husband is a butt head and there is never any doubt that he is an
UnicornMurphy
Sep 26, 2013 UnicornMurphy rated it it was amazing
Been reading lots of lesfic lately and most of it is basically the same, but that is not the case with this book.

At its core, this book is a raw, emotional erotic romance. It perfectly walks the line between erotica and romance without getting too graphic or too cheesy. It also has a wee bit of mystery/thriller elements, which makes it interesting.

You can't read this book and not discuss the love scenes.

First, there's like a TON of them. Loads more than any of the other books I've read recently
Alicia
Jan 07, 2016 Alicia rated it really liked it
angie
Aug 03, 2016 angie rated it really liked it

"Physical attraction didn't explain why every time she happened upon Amelia unexpectedly, Caton felt her mouth go dry, her heart race and the immediate desire to find something to say that would make Amelia see her as less of a burden." If ever a sentence spoke to how it can feel when you first start to like someone you know you shouldn't, this may be it. What begins as a "senseless attraction" for Caton, hired to assist wealthy Amelia Halston in her charity functions, slowly escalates to someth
Tara
Jan 04, 2016 Tara rated it it was amazing
This damn book. I loved it so much that I'm too wound up to tease out everything I loved about it and now that I know the ending I'm going to have to read it again.

I don't do cheating books usually (although I also loved The Fling by Rebekah Weatherspoon) but I'm glad I made an exception for this one. It's an erotic romance, so there's a LOT of sex in it, but every scene drives the romance and the story. I can't say enough good about this one.

There is a HEA, but I would still love to see a sho
Corporate Slave
May 14, 2016 Corporate Slave rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is possibly one of my fav books ever. Maybe it's because of the fact that I didn't expect it to be that good! First you think this is an erotic book but trust me it's far from that. To sum it up: this is such a romantic story with great sex scenes! Expect a lot of frustration, a very solid romance, very interesting characters, and a great unexpected ending! This is one of the books that will make u remember each and every single detail!
Anne
This book is not for me... But I'll finish it. Eventually.

BR with Banana and Tinka.
Sprinkles
Wow. Just, wow. This book has everything. Angst, chemistry, lovely characters, sex, romance, drama, top-notch writing. Often, I'll highlight impressive lines in stories on my Kindle and this one probably has the most. Seriously, a couple chapters in and I already wanted to recommend it to my friends.

If the infidelity angle turns you off would it help to know that (view spoiler)

To this day, I'm bewitched by this
Stephanie
Dec 27, 2014 Stephanie rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-lendable
I really enjoyed this book….the characters were well developed, the angst was real….but the twists and the ending were too rushed. Toward the end I found myself skipping a lot of the verbosity that in the beginning was nice….but it just kept coming and seemed to cross a line of "too much" for me at some point. I enjoyed it, it's worth the read and I would have given 3.5 stars. I almost rounded up instead of down, but thinking back on my other 4 star books…it just didn't quite get there for me.
Bree Paige
Well where do I start.
Probably it was hot. Alot of love scenes but it was not heavy that I was expecting.
The story are good for me and I didn't expect the last three chapters. The author didn't gave any idea or hint about it. But the impact of the book for me is not that strong maybe bcoz of the characters. I love Amelia but for me Caton's charater is not likable she was kind of boring for me.
But this book is okay!!
Well written I wasn't bored to this book bcoz it has plenty of hot scene but y
Piper
Sep 12, 2016 Piper rated it liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book when I read the blurb as f/f isn't my usual preference in reading material. I found a well written book with the chemistry between the two main characters getting hotter with each turn of the page!
The twist at the end - surprising! As the synopsis said 'Nothing is what it seems'.
Adrienne
Nov 27, 2013 Adrienne rated it it was amazing
Hot scenes with an good storyline. Really liked the story and will read it again in the future.
qrbooks
Nov 07, 2016 qrbooks rated it liked it
I have some mixed feelings about this one. Not because I'm a moralist and have issues with adultery and cheating girlfriends (yes, both leads cheat). Oh heck no. Any author who dares to explore taboo affairs with some real character integrity is going to give me a good fix of passion and obsession... and I lust for emotional characters and high drama, lol. There's definitely a fix of that here to some degree. However, I just wasn't into these leads as much as I wanted to be and I wasn't too ...more
Kathryn
When I first started to read this book, I wasn't sure I would finish it because the parallels to my own life were too painful. (view spoiler) ...more
Rikke Bergström
Aug 28, 2015 Rikke Bergström rated it liked it
Cristina Domenech
Es mentira, no lo he acabado. Lo he abandonado al 30% y mira que odio dejar un libro a la mitad, pero tengo poquísimo tiempo para leer lo que me apetece ahora mismo y no va a ser invertido aquí.
Sarah Lou P
Nov 16, 2013 Sarah Lou P rated it liked it
Syeinv
Mar 15, 2015 Syeinv rated it it was amazing
The title of the book, its description, adultery, those things usually don't attract me, but I was curious to its high rating. I decided to take a sneak peek in the book's preview, Behind the Green Curtain successfully intrigued me after reading its first few chapters.

When I first picked this book, I feared that somehow the husband will involved in their relationship, like a threesome or something. Or somewhere during their relationship, they will get discover while making out. Stuffs like that
Madison
Oct 06, 2015 Madison rated it it was amazing
Now this is my kind of book! After "Denial" by Jackie Kennedy I have not read a book that made me feel so many things and made me root for the morally wrong thing, and when an author can do that to me, THAT's what I call a great book!

The first part of the book we only see things from Caton's POV, and I thought that was going to be the case throughout the book, however, suddenly in the middle (maybe a bit before) of the book the POV changed and we got a glimpse of Amelia's thoughts. I just squea
Loederkoningin
2 pity stars because I didn't actually finish it. The writing was decent enough, but the characters remained distant puppets to me. Their actions often appeared to come out of left field, intended to help the author along and kickstart new events. Lazy plotting, meh.

The author, I feel, also made a critical error by allowing cookie-cutter asshole husband Jack to take over such a huge chunk of the book. His POV was redundant and took away from MC Caton's character development. With a little more e
  • Denial
  • Ambereye (Garoul, #2)
  • Damage Control
  • The Princess and the Prix
  • Always Alex
  • Just Three Words (Soho Loft, #2)
  • The Crush
  • Uncommon Emotions
  • Fragmentary Blue (Alex & CJ, #1)
  • Ice
Riley LaShea grew up in an Ohio town that looks like a dust speck on most maps. It was boring and awful, so she got the hell out of there. Now, she doesn't know where she wants to be, so over the past several years she has lived in Nashville, Orlando, Fort Worth, Allentown, Columbus, Kansas City, Raleigh, outside LA and inside Manhattan.

She won a lyric contest judged by the Indigo Girls in high sc
More about Riley Lashea...