Start by marking “Blown Circuit (Michael Chase #2)” as Want to Read:
Blown Circuit (Michael Chase #2)

Blown Circuit (Michael Chase #2)

WARNING: Blown Circuit, the eagerly anticipated sequel to the #1 spy thriller, Lethal Circuit, is here. If you don't like turbo-charged action adventure, then you'd better find some place to hide.

Michael Chase is back.
But now he has enemies. Deadly enemies.
Good thing Michael is in no mood to play nice.

Michael survived China. Barely. But now he's got bigger problems. A pair
Published September 2013 by Fantastic Press (first published December 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Blown Circuit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blown Circuit

Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
This series has become a great way for me to step out of my comfort zone and away from my usual genres. Spy thrillers are generally not my thing, but with this series, the combination of excellent writing and skilled narration is proving to be quite irresistible.

While he was in China searching for his father, Michael Chase’s numerous talents have been recognized by his father’s agency, the CIA. He has been recruited and trained in an accelerated process and now he is, once again, following his f
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
3.5

*Book source ~ A review copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

Michael Chase is a reluctant spy for the CIA. All he wants is to find his dad, but trying to locate him in China turned into a whole other mission that he barely survived. Now, credible intel puts his dad in Turkey, so Michael heads there with hopes of finally finding him. Instead, he comes up empty except for a few obscure clues and yet another mission to save the world from bad things. Will he survive this time, too?
Bèbè ✦ RANT  ✦
Apr 29, 2014 Bèbè ✦ RANT ✦ rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
After receiving coordinates from his father, Michael goes to Istanbul to check it out and see if he can find his father and free him from whoever has kidnapped him. But it's not as simple as it seems and he finds himself in the middle of a situation where he has to help terrorists to find Tesla device that could destroy millions of people. The only problem is who Michael can actually trust and who is there only for the money.

Wow. Lars definitely did it again! I absolutely loved the first book in
Sarah - Exploring All Genres
I’ll admit I was very excited to see this audio book after finishing the first book in the series, Lethal Circuit. But initially I wasn’t sure if I would listen to it or not. Yes, I wanted to know what would happen next but what kept me from instantly rushing to listen was worry over the narrator. Then I found out there was a new narrator for this book and most of my worries went away.

As soon as I started listening to this audio book I could tell it was going to be good. Though I was thrown for
Karen
Mar 20, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-suspense
I am new to this series, and read this before I knew it was the second in a series. I am sort of OCD, so I like to read them in order, but this book was fully able to stand alone without the back story from Volume 1. I thoroughly enjoyed it, I am a fan of Thriller/Suspense novels, so I will be getting Volume 1 on my Kindle too. The story is set in Istanbul Turkey, and it opens in a dramatic way that really grabs you. It lets you know you are in for a wild adventure with Michael Chase! There is s ...more
Liz Terek
Apr 11, 2013 Liz Terek rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mike is a new kid on the block at the CIA. This puts him in a perfect position to help when his dad disappears & is believed to have been abducted.
Finding him won’t be easy. Hidden clues & deciphering codes are his best chance. Time isn’t on his side. Amid explosions, betrayal, & attempt murder, Mike has to persevere for his father’s sake.
To make matters worse, The Green Dragons, those allegedly responsible for his dad’s kidnapping, may now have a weapon of mass destruction in thei
Amanda
At first, I didn't think I was going to enjoy this book. It's written in first person, which I can sometimes find annoying. Also, it started off using technical terms that I didn't know for boats. Most of them are instinctual if you have ever seen a boat, so that wasn't too distracting. The action moves quickly and draws you in to the story. After the first chapter, I was hooked and had decided that I was going to really like the story.

There are so many twists in this book that I was tempted to
Diane
Jul 30, 2014 Diane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: frg-wins, reviewed
Blown Circuit by Lars Guignard ( www.larsguignard.com )

Whew! That was fun :) I'd watch the movies! There's a wonderful variety in Hollywood these days of both men and women actors. I'd love to see some who haven't been lead in all the big movies already (which is why I am not a casting director) ;) They (casting staff) don't get near enough recognition ;) Ha! Sorry, I digress...

Oh those women! I liked them both ;)  I can't believe… lol, no spoilers here!

I loved Michael!! Honestly, poor guy. Next
Sarah (Workaday Reads)
An exciting espionage story with a distinct political slant, this was quite the adventure. Taking place mostly in Turkey, this story is a nonstop thriller.

Similar to the first story, there is a lot of political and historical information which I found myself a little lost following. But the action more than makes up for it as the plots rolls by super fast with lots of twists, turns and surprises. It’s not really necessary to completely understand the political aspects to enjoy the urgency of the
Sue1958
I offered to read and review this however, I didn't realize it was book 1. It throw me a bit as I like to read books in order. I do feel I got a bit lost in some parts having not read book 1. But I managed it and enjoyed it.

Michael Chase is searching for his father [apt name I thought]
There was a lot of action, but some of it was just not real to me. I thought it was just a little too over done.
Lots of deaths. I mean, lots of deaths.

I did enjoy the read, the authors writes well, but my persona
Jaylyn Styles
Feb 10, 2013 Jaylyn Styles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blown Circuit is the second book of the Michael Chase series by Lars Guignard and I just want to say that if you liked the first book; Lethal Circuit this book will totally blow you away! The series just captured every intense nerve in my body, it totally rocked my face off with the amazing weaving of character and plot. The twist just got the best of me, I was not expecting it and it got me reading and reading until the end. If you haven't read the first book I'm suggesting that you read it as ...more
Tanya (mom's small victories)
I received this on audiobook in exchange for an honest review. Opinions are my own. I was in no way compensated for this review.

Like Lethal Circuit, there was incredible action which kept me engaged. Michael never knows who he can trust and what’s going to happen. I admit I paid closer attention this time to the characters, the people Michael met and the places he visited. I knew I had to be on my game because at some point, those little details would become important pieces in the puzzle. Still
Simone
Oct 04, 2013 Simone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2013
I received a free copy of this novel in exchange for my honest review. In Blown Circuit, Michael Chase continues his search for his father. Apparently, his father has been somehow able to contact the CIA. He first mission was a set of coordinates that sends him to Turkey on a ship set to explode. There he realizes nothing is what it seems. He leaves the school with a clue, which sends him on an adventure to find a devastatingly destructive device originally created by Nikola Tesla. Who can he tr ...more
J.s. Jenner
Feb 27, 2013 J.s. Jenner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Michael Chase is an independent CIA contractor searching for his father (a theme continued from the first book in the series, Lethal Circuit). He arrives in Turkey, narrowly escapes a bomb and then must find an ultra-destructive device before a group of terrorists. Michael is a fearless hero who finds himself in over his head on many occasions as he is tossed from one life-threatening situation to the next. His quick thinking and a good dose of luck help him through. I really wanted to get to kn ...more
Victoria Brinius
This is part of a series and there was no ending. That cost the book 1 star.

There was almost too much action, and it did not seem real to me. The number of deaths also added to my dislike pile.

However the book was well written, and I enjoyed it. The "device" was missing for 60 years, what is the importance of finding it now? With all the action in the book, I thought that there would be a better ending.

Michael was a great character to like, he has so many enemies that I found myself rooting f
Brooke Bumgardner (Brooke Blogs)
Blown Circuit by Lars Guignard is the second book in his thrilling Circuit Series. I thoroughly enjoyed the first, Lethal Circuit, and couldn't wait to continue Michael's story in Blown Circuit. Lars Guignard has written another fantastic spy thriller. The action and adventure never stop! Michael is an enjoyable character and I am glad his story is a series. Blown Circuit has a different narrator than the first book in the series. I think that Russell did a great job narrating the story. It felt ...more
Jennifer Wilson
Apr 28, 2014 Jennifer Wilson rated it liked it
I would have to say this book was a fair amount better than its predecessor, Lethal Circuit. It took an interesting turn moving to first person to give you a bit more insight into Michael's character. This is a fun spy thriller that keeps you guessing through twists and turns. The narrator does a good job with the story as well. I would recommend it! 3.5 out of 5 stars

(*Note* I received a review copy of the audio version of this book in exchange for a review -- my opinions are solely based on my
Book Crazy
Oct 05, 2013 Book Crazy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
CIA, MIT, The Green Dragons, All organisations and all after one thing, The Tesla Device. Each organisation has their own plans for when they find it but most for no good. Located in Istanbul, Turkey, Michael Chase, a member of the CIA is found looking for the Tesla Device but also searching for his father. Befriending Meryem they start working together to locate the same thing but is she who she says she is? And can Michael deal with some revelations?

A fast pacing action thriller that kept me o
Ginger Weirich
Nov 17, 2014 Ginger Weirich rated it really liked it
Have finished "Blown Circuit: A Michael Chase Thriller" by Lars Guignard. This was definitely an edge-of-your seat book, and obviously not the first Michael Chase story. There is a back story going on here that, while the book does stand alone, you miss nuances if you haven't read those that came before. I don't know, at this point, how many came before, but plan to find out. In the end, he "wins" so far as the case at hand is concerned, but the back story is still in the air. I would recommend ...more
Rachel
Sep 15, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blown Circuit is not a genre I would normally choose to read, with that said though I got really into it. The main character is Michael Chase who is a spy. His is on his next mission to find the Tesla device, but on his mission he meets other groups who are also wanting the device for their own agendas and they will not let him stop them.
with near death experiences, adventure, thriller and the whole James Bond style it makes for a great read and I really enjoyed it.
Jun 22, 2013 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I hate books with no ending. Don't authors know we read for the ultimate climax and not to just keep buying their books? It's a turn off and make me avoid the author, even if the book is free. This would have been a good read, if it had a ending.
Peter Charleston
Feb 09, 2013 Peter Charleston rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Michael Chase has more lives than a cat! Lars Guignard takes us on another adventure of Michael searching for his father. Suspense and secret agents abound with plenty of action. An enjoyable book, recommend reading Lethal Circuit first.
Chris
Jan 01, 2014 Chris rated it really liked it
I believe this was much better than the first book in the series. The characters and plot seemed to be better thought out. I always like books that reference Tesla and his inventions. Looking forward to the next in the series.
David Richardson
Oct 19, 2013 David Richardson rated it liked it
Another action packed book. I didn't like it as much as "Lethal Circuit" but overall I thought it was a good book. I think it would be cool if Mike could spend less time getting shot, stabbed, blown up, etc. and more time gettin' the girl.
Bill Donhiser
Another Fast paced adventure. enjoyed reading. acquired through Amazon Prime so the price was right. Looking forward to Michael Chase #3
Jo Sorrell
If you like lee child
Daniel Ace
Jan 21, 2014 Daniel Ace rated it really liked it
The plot involving Tesla and Turkey wasn't as tight as the previous book in the series but this is still good espionage.
Melody
Jan 07, 2014 Melody rated it liked it
Lots of action. I will read the first book.
Mike
Dec 18, 2013 Mike rated it liked it
Entertaining story. I liked the setting of Istanbul, Turkey. Book jumped the shark a bit in the end, but was fast paced and good action.
James M. Barkley
May 14, 2014 James M. Barkley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As good as any 007 story

Many times while reading this book I thought this is a good alternative to any of the James Bond series. Very enjoyable read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
CM Book Tours: Blown Circuit 1 2 Sep 23, 2013 02:40AM
  • Rise of the Order (Jake Adams International Thriller, #5)
  • The Lance (The Project, #2)
  • Overture to Disaster (Post Cold War Political Thriller Trilogy)
  • The Assassin (Max Doerr #1)
  • Hidden (Alpha Wolf's Pet, #1)
  • Special Rewards (Coursodon Dimension, #2)
  • Mass Destruction (Nuclear Threat, #1)
  • Buzzkill (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #4)
  • Scent to Kill (A Natural Remedies Mystery #2)
  • The Corpse with the Golden Nose (Cait Morgan #2)
  • Divide & Conquer
  • Tumbleweed Christmas
  • Peacemaker (Peacemaker series, #1)
  • A Year with Six Sisters' Stuff: 52 Menu Plans, Recipes, and Ideas to Bring Families Together
  • Winner Lose All
  • The Ivory Tower
  • Can't Wait (Hunted, #0.5; Montana Men, #0.5)
  • Strung Out to Die (Divorced Divas Mystery, #1)
Lars Guignard is the author of the bestselling Zoe & Zak Adventure series and the Circuit series of novels.

Ever since attending high school in the Indian Himalayas, Lars has been an avid backpacker and traveler. After a stint spent circling the globe, he settled down long enough to attend the American Film Institute in Los Angeles. He then went on to work as screenwriter in the film and televi
More about Lars Guignard...

Michael Chase (2 books)
  • Lethal Circuit (Michael Chase #1)

“I jogged down the winding” 0 likes
“on it. It was the perfect opportunity to regroup. My new table-mates introduced themselves in Turkish. I caught the name” 0 likes