Start by marking “Back To The Titanic (Travelers Through Time, #1)” as Want to Read:
Back To The Titanic (Travelers Through Time, #1)

Back To The Titanic (Travelers Through Time, #1)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Matt and Emily's great-grandfather is an inventor, and he's just created the greatest invention of all - a way to travel through time. He plans to return to the Titanic, which he sailed on as a boy, and try to save it. But when he breaks his ankle it looks as if his plans have been ruined.

Until Matt, Emily, and Matt's best friend, Jonathan, find the invention. Jonathan, a
Published May 1st 1994 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Back To The Titanic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back To The Titanic

Sandy
This is the first book in the "Travelers Through Time" series for intermediate/middle grade children. Using their grandfather's time travel machine (TASC-Time And Space Connector), Matt, Emily, and Jonathan travel back in time to April 14, 1912 to see if they can save the Titanic from hitting the iceberg and sinking. They do everything they can think of, getting a pair of binoculars to the lookout in the crow's nest, talking to Captain Smith, slowing the engines down in the boiler room, and even ...more
Anorhi Demarche
Much nostalgia from my childhood. I like all the actual historical stuff. Also nostalgia Bit weird how Johnathan knows so much about time travel theory though.
Kelly Thevenot
I love reading about the titanic so this book was interesting. A group of kids fin their grand fathers invention of time travelling. In the beginnging of the book is shows the massive ship and describes the parts of the ship. It is informational and if I were to teach a lessons over the ship this would be a fun book to have my students read. Not only is in informational it is imaginative and will keep the children's attention.
Siera
This was pretty sad, but it was good. It was a very quick read, and I didn't exactly get hooked on the series, but it was pretty exciting and it kept me reading.
Ashley
Loved this when I was younger. I went through a time when I was obsessed with everything Titanic, and this is a product of that. Cute though.
Juliet
Very very interesting and entertaining - I got to see how many things went wrong with the Titanic when it sunk
Hat Boy
Dec 19, 2007 Hat Boy rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 10_11 year olds
This book was boring

I found that all it was about was a time machine and not about the titanic
Sandy Lin
its ok but i cant get to read it
Halbmaierje
Halbmaierje marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Dolly
Dolly marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Andreas Zapletal
Andreas Zapletal marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Adnan
Adnan marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Karen
Karen added it
Jan 31, 2015
Cory Franklin
Cory Franklin marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Jaylen Waller
Jaylen Waller marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Duncan
Duncan marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Fadeline Jacques
Fadeline Jacques marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Rafael Gallardo
Rafael Gallardo marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Zsolt Wagner
Zsolt Wagner marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Karely
Karely marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Born in Glendale, California, Beatrice grew up in Southern California. After graduating from Pomona College, she worked in publishing near San Francisco. There she met and married Robert Gormley, and they moved to Massachusetts. They have two daughters.
Since age 9 Beatrice had wanted to become a writer. But it wasn't until after her children were born that she really focused on her writing. In 1
More about Beatrice Gormley...
Laura Ingalls Wilder: Young Pioneer (Childhood of Famous Americans) Mail-Order Wings Louisa May Alcott: Young Novelist (Childhood of Famous Americans) Poisoned Honey: A Story of Mary Magdalene Amelia Earhart: Young Aviator