Start by marking “Back To The Titanic (Travelers Through Time, #1)” as Want to Read:
Back To The Titanic (Travelers Through Time, #1)

Back To The Titanic (Travelers Through Time, #1)

Matt and Emily's great-grandfather is an inventor, and he's just created the greatest invention of all - a way to travel through time. He plans to return to the Titanic, which he sailed on as a boy, and try to save it. But when he breaks his ankle it looks as if his plans have been ruined.

Until Matt, Emily, and Matt's best friend, Jonathan, find the invention. Jonathan, a
Published May 1st 1994 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Back To The Titanic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back To The Titanic

Sandy
This is the first book in the "Travelers Through Time" series for intermediate/middle grade children. Using their grandfather's time travel machine (TASC-Time And Space Connector), Matt, Emily, and Jonathan travel back in time to April 14, 1912 to see if they can save the Titanic from hitting the iceberg and sinking. They do everything they can think of, getting a pair of binoculars to the lookout in the crow's nest, talking to Captain Smith, slowing the engines down in the boiler room, and even ...more
Kelly Thevenot
I love reading about the titanic so this book was interesting. A group of kids fin their grand fathers invention of time travelling. In the beginnging of the book is shows the massive ship and describes the parts of the ship. It is informational and if I were to teach a lessons over the ship this would be a fun book to have my students read. Not only is in informational it is imaginative and will keep the children's attention.
Siera
Aug 10, 2009 Siera rated it liked it
This was pretty sad, but it was good. It was a very quick read, and I didn't exactly get hooked on the series, but it was pretty exciting and it kept me reading.
Paris
Mar 01, 2016 Paris added it
Hi
Hat Boy
Dec 19, 2007 Hat Boy rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: 10_11 year olds
This book was boring

I found that all it was about was a time machine and not about the titanic
Juliet
Mar 17, 2011 Juliet rated it really liked it
Shelves: bentley-bookfest
Very very interesting and entertaining - I got to see how many things went wrong with the Titanic when it sunk
Anorhi
Dec 26, 2014 Anorhi rated it really liked it
Much nostalgia from my childhood. I like all the actual historical stuff. Also nostalgia Bit weird how Johnathan knows so much about time travel theory though.
Sandy Lin
Oct 17, 2012 Sandy Lin rated it did not like it
its ok but i cant get to read it
Ashley
Jan 18, 2009 Ashley rated it liked it
Loved this when I was younger. I went through a time when I was obsessed with everything Titanic, and this is a product of that. Cute though.
Eileen
Eileen rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2010
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2014
Erin Millar
Erin Millar rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2011
Abhay Singh
Abhay Singh rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Peter Shelley
Peter Shelley rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2011
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2009
Audrey
Audrey rated it it was ok
Jul 14, 2008
Asherjc
Asherjc rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2015
Daniel
Daniel rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2014
Sandra Stiles
Sandra Stiles rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2010
Mandi Murphy
Mandi Murphy rated it liked it
May 02, 2012
Helen
Helen rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2012
Books Kids Like
Books Kids Like rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2014
Steve
Steve rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2012
Nicole Hawkins
Nicole Hawkins rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2015
Shruthi
Shruthi rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2008
Regina
Regina rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2015
Jesse Dixon
Jesse Dixon rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2009
Paula
Paula rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2009
John Ames
John Ames rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Born in Glendale, California, Beatrice grew up in Southern California. After graduating from Pomona College, she worked in publishing near San Francisco. There she met and married Robert Gormley, and they moved to Massachusetts. They have two daughters.
Since age 9 Beatrice had wanted to become a writer. But it wasn't until after her children were born that she really focused on her writing. In 1
More about Beatrice Gormley...