Get Hooked Again: Simple Steps to Crochet More Cool Stuff

Get Hooked Again: Simple Steps to Crochet More Cool Stuff

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  13 reviews
It's Get Hooked all over again�with even more fun patterns
to make and give!

Everyone got hooked on Get Hooked, the first book from the coolest craft instructor ever, Kim Werker. Now even more girls can join the crochet crowd with Get Hooked Again. Simple, step-by-step instructions show exactly how to get started. Then new crafters are ready for the patterns�but these a...more
Published October 2nd 2007 by Potter Craft (first published October 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Get Hooked Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get Hooked Again

Lisa T
This is an excellent book for beginner crocheters. It starts off teaching you some of the basics to crochet such as vocabulary, explains different yarns, and how to hold your crochet hook. Then there is a small section on some of the very basic stitches. There are step by step instructions as well as illustrations on how to make the stitches. I found that I was able to pick up the stitches right away with little to no confusion. Lastly, there is a section dedicated to some simple patterns, maybe...more
Amy
Feb 03, 2008 Amy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: beginning crocheters
Shelves: 2008, crafty
I am an avid knitter, this is my first time crocheting. I wanted to crochet because there are a few patterns you really cannot find in knitting (like cloche hats, the only cloche pattern I found in knitting was for a super expert, I could only get so far in the pattern before starting over again, which I did, 8 or 9 times). The instructions are pretty good. I thing the written instructions are a little better than the graphics. So far I am over half way through a stripy scarf and then I hope to...more
Lorie
Dec 02, 2008 Lorie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Beginning or time starved crocheters
Recommended to Lorie by: Found after lots of looking at the library
As a new crochet addict, i have been looking for patterns that are easy and fun, which is a hard combination to find. I have done the hat on the cover and am starting to work on the striped scarf. The intro with stitch and crochet basics will help any beginner. These are also great for people who don't have a lot of time, but want to make fun things for their family and friends. I look forward to trying some of the harder patterns in this book and the other Get Hooked book.

Selena
Easy to understand for people who are new to crocheting. The only downside is that some of the sections that explain the stitches aren't always clearly named (the section "Less is More" is for decreasing while "On the Increase" is for adding stitches).

The nice thing was that it explains the projects without shorthand, which is good for someone like me who's still learning.

It also contains a handful of easy projects that anyone can do.
Cami
Awesome book for beginner crocheters. Written for teens, but the directions are great and easy to follow, so steal it from your niece if you want to learn! :o) Includes really cool projects, including those to build your confidence and also to challenge you as a new crocheter. I love the book and would give it to any teen or college student who is interested in crochet.
Meadow
This is now my go-to for how-to! This book helped me teach myself how to crochet and remains my constant friend whenever making new projects. There is nothing like a kids book to help simplify things to my level ;)
Kristina Marie
This book is perfect for beginners. I found the pictures and instructions easy to follow, and I successfully completed many of these projects in no time at all.
Patsy
This is a great book. The instructions are very easy and simple to understand. Would recommend it to anyone who wants to start to crochet.
Susan
Great book for beginner crocheters. Great projects, easy-to-follow directions,and excellent photos and illustrations.
Pamela Hubbard
Great book to learn the basics of crocheting. Best illustrations and instructions I have found so far!
Angie
A great book for a beginner with a good selection of actually useful crocheted items to make!
Laureen Cutrona
some cute things to crochet...
Amy
I great book for beginners!
Raeyna
Raeyna added it
Jul 05, 2014
Sabreena Mcgirr conyers
Sabreena Mcgirr conyers marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Cynthia Pelcher
Cynthia Pelcher marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Joanna
Joanna added it
Mar 18, 2014
Nikki Johnson
Nikki Johnson marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 20, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Kim Werker is a writer, editor and speaker who really digs making stuff. She runs a project called Mighty Ugly, leading workshops and lecture-conversations to help people embrace the dark side of creativity so they can have way more fun making stuff and trying new things.

Her newest book is Make It Mighty Ugly: Exercises and Advice for Getting Creative Even When It Ain't Pretty. Kim is the founder...more
More about Kim P. Werker...
Crochet Me Teach Yourself Visually Crocheting Interweave Presents Crocheted Gifts: Irresistible Projects to Make & Give Get Hooked: Simple Steps to Crochet Cool Stuff Mighty Ugly: Exercises and Advice for Getting Creative Even When It Ain't Pretty