Start by marking “Simple Knits for Cherished Babies” as Want to Read:
Simple Knits for Cherished Babies

Simple Knits for Cherished Babies

“Beginning knitters can complete most of the designs featured, and...the author includes information on substituting yarns. Visually, this is a beautiful book, with full-page color photos of each design and detailed close-ups. Among the many designs featured are an enchanting cashmere teddy bear, a lace-edged baby blanket, and classic baby booties. Warmly recommended for ...more
Published October 1st 2001 by Collins & Brown

To ask other readers questions about Simple Knits for Cherished Babies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simple Knits for Cherished Babies

Abbey
Feb 06, 2013 Abbey rated it really liked it
Superbly arranged, detailed, and photographed knitting pattern book, filled with basic designs (each with a "something extra" to it), and with clear instructions as well. A book to keep in your home pattern library if you tend to make gifts for parents of new babies.

Many lovely patterns, several types of sweaters, a set of leggings, a dress, a couple of simple blankets, you get the idea. A great jumping-off place for the adventurous knitter as well as these patterns would be very adapatable. Us
Wanda
Dec 28, 2011 Wanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like this book of patterns for baby clothes because it contains the basics that each well dressed baby needs in a new and updated look with classic comfort yarns such as merino wool, silk, and cashmere. The beautiful, soft muted colors complement the patterns and these creations are destined to be family heirlooms handed down from generation to generation. Included are patterns for booties, sweaters, leggings, cardigans, blankets, caps and more. This book will be a staple in any knitter’s ...more
Dec 24, 2010 Laura rated it really liked it
There were so many cute things to knit! My favorite were the little booties. The way they adorned them and how they were photographed just made them absolutely adorable. There was also a horrendously cute teddy bear as well. I liked this book and there it was very well put together and the page set-up and pictures were elegent and well thought out. I found a couple of patterns that I wanted to knit. I would recommend.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2010...
Maggi
Jul 15, 2008 Maggi rated it really liked it
Some really adorable knits in here - granted, actually having had a baby I would NEVER use the cashmere and silk yarns they call for, but so far I've been able to substitute with no problem. I'm working on the rosebud cardigan for my baby on the way - so far it's come together really well and the pattern is easy to follow -- and I'm looking forward to trying the bootie pattern in the book as well.
Jen
Feb 23, 2009 Jen rated it it was ok
Shelves: knitting
Patterns were lush, but pretty much only great for a gift or for a little girl. There was a pretty rosebud sweater that I might revisit at some point if ever I have a little girl to knit for. But I agree with the previous poster about these patterns being unrealistic with respect to premium, expensive, un(machine)washable yarns.
Dharma
Oct 16, 2008 Dharma rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting
Cashmere for babies?? Oh please. Easy enough to convert fiber but still. Do not like that the sizing for all the projects are in the back rather than with the projects. Beautifully photographed but the layout makes project details take far more pages than necessary. A few cute projects. Not a need to own book.
Jenn
Apr 29, 2009 Jenn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knit
This was my very first knitting book and each pattern was simple enough for a beginner. These are easy to read, easy to knit patterns that can always be embellished with learned talent. These simple knits can also be altered with a different stitch making each piece a great basic start.

Thank you Barb for this book.
Xaka
Oct 31, 2010 Xaka rated it it was amazing
I adore this book. I've yet to knit anything in it, but I've checked it out from the library twice just to look at the photographs, fantasize, and be inspired.

Maybe one day I'll actually knit a pattern.
Marla
Nov 25, 2013 Marla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafts
Simple but elegant knitwear for babies! This is my Go-To book for baby shower gifts and for my charity knitting!
Amy
Jan 16, 2008 Amy rated it liked it
Eh. Baby patterns. There's a really good teddy bear pattern in there, but nothing else I was really interested in.
Stephanie T
Sep 09, 2009 Stephanie T rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some really simple, elegant patterns in here, although I will NOT be knitting a baby a cashmere sweater as the book suggests.
Kim
Jan 11, 2008 Kim rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: knitters
Shelves: knitting
Simple but elegant patterns for babies/toddlers. This is my go-to book whenever I hear someone has a baby on the way.
Ronni
Sep 25, 2016 Ronni rated it liked it
The teddy bear is simple & cute, and I was really excited about the alphabetting charts. Need to re-checkout from library cuz I want to try the pants patterns.
Tsimplekelly
The baby slippers on the front cover are just awesome and very easy to knit for a great little fancy booty for a new baby
Barbara
Barbara rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2014
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2007
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Cynthia Christie
Cynthia Christie rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2014
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2014
Wilhelmina C. Ryan
Wilhelmina C. Ryan rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2015
Bet
Bet rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2015
Bibliothekerin
Bibliothekerin rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2015
Donna
Donna rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2012
Margarita
Margarita rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2007
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2013
Kendra
Kendra rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Victoria McTague
Victoria McTague rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2015
Dorthe
Dorthe rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2012
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques
  • Scarf Style
  • Knitting for Baby: 30 Heirloom Projects with Complete How-to-Knit Instructions
  • Last-Minute Knitted Gifts
  • Knitting on the Edge: Ribs * Ruffles * Lace * Fringes * Floral * Points & Picots - The Essential Collection of 350 Decorative Borders
  • Fisherman's Sweaters: Twenty Exclusive Knitwear Designs for All Generations
  • The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns
  • Special Knits: 22 Gorgeous Handknits for Babies and Toddlers
  • Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book
  • Itty-Bitty Hats: cute and cuddly caps to knit for babies and toddlers
  • Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac
  • Knitting Nature: 39 Designs Inspired by Patterns in Nature
  • A Fourth Treasury of Knitting Patterns
  • Folk Socks: The History & Techniques of Handknitted Footwear
  • New Pathways for Sock Knitters: Book One
  • Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume One: Knit & Purl: The Ultimate Stitch Dictionary from the Editors of Vogue Knitting Magazine
Keep it simple, chic and contemporary! So says Erika, textile designer and fashion design consultant, whose trademark has been the traditional with a twist. Coming into knitting via fine art training, she is highly regarded in her field and works for many international companies designing ready-to-wear ranges. Author of Comforts of Home (Martingale), her latest book is Simple Knits for Cherished ...more
More about Erika Knight...