Start by marking “The Silva Mind Control Method” as Want to Read:
The Silva Mind Control Method

The Silva Mind Control Method

Since The Silva Mind Control Method was first published in hardcover, over one million people (including top celebrities) have graduated from Mind Control training to use their minds at a deeper and more effective level, even in their sleep!

Based on the extraordinary 4-day course pioneered by Jose Silva, this life-transforming book shows how people have learned to overcome

Published January 15th 1991 by Pocket Books (first published 1977)

ArEzO.... Es
Aug 26, 2008 ArEzO.... Es rated it really liked it
انسان شفا بخش
شما يك شفا دهنده هستيد..
آموزش گام به گام شفا بخشي با متد سيلوا
همراه با نوار آلفا
آلفا سطحی از امواج مغزی است که فرکانس آن نصف فرکانس امواج مغز در حالت بیداری کامل است. از 7 تا 14 سیکل در ثانیه*
*فرکانس امواج مغزی در حالت بیداری کامل از 14 تا 21 سیکل در ثانیه است که آنرا سطح بتا میگوییم.در حالت خواب این فرکانسها کاهش میابد و به 7 تا 14 سیکل در ثانیه میرسد که این همان سطح آلفاست یعنی حالتی از یک خواب سبک وقتی که خواب عمیقتر میشود فرکانسها از این همپایینتر میایند و به 4 تا 7 سیکل در ثانی
J.P.
Sep 27, 2012 J.P. rated it it was amazing
I first read The Silva Mind Control Method in 1984 while in college. Every time I applied his visualization techniques, good things happened. After more than a few amazing tangible results, I realized it wasn't a coincidence.

Since then, every time I've re-read this book, especially the first 14 chapters, great things have happened.

In 2007, I became a Silva UltraMind graduate and have written 3 bestselling books as a result of Jose Silva's amazing insight and dedicated efforts to truly making t
Spyros
Feb 15, 2009 Spyros rated it it was amazing
If I had to name a couple of books that really had a great impact on my life, this would definitely be one of them!
Jasen
Jun 06, 2010 Jasen rated it did not like it
I was told this book would change my life. It did; it wasted four hours of it. The book states the obvious and seems to be more of a glorified advert for the classes that the author presents.
Brooke
Overall, this is a great book. Many of the concepts you will find in other books on visualization, mind control, and the alpha state were probably taken from this book. The only drawback is that an overwhelming number of pages were dedicated to advertising the Silva Method Mind Control Class. The author states in the book that you will not learn everything you need to know unless you take the course. He ensures that promise by only providing glimpses of what will be available in-depth during one ...more
Natalia
Los primeros capítulos son interesantes (cuando se hace la introducción del método y se habla de los ejercicios), sin embargo, la mayor parte del libro es publicidad y narración de casos donde fue exitoso. Deberían ahondar más en el método, y ya que las personas saquen sus propias conclusiones y/o propios casos de éxito.
Harry Pray IV
Jan 08, 2008 Harry Pray IV rated it really liked it
read this YEARS ago and it helped me learn a method of future visualization created to make things happen for yourself. Kind of weird, but toally effective in getting one's self to do what you think you cannot achieve. It's a bit like selling your soul to the devil, but you never really learn how to control other's minds despite the title.
Iona  Stewart
Sep 28, 2014 Iona Stewart rated it it was amazing
This was José Silva’s first book on the Silva Mind method. It is what I would call a “must-read”. Learning this method should be made obligatory in all schools and be offered to children at an early age.

José Silva learnt all that he presents in his Mind Control method in the course of working with his own children, years ago, to enable them to do well in school. When he experimented with mental training exercises, the children’s school marks quickly began to improve, and, amazingly, they began t
NJ
Nov 04, 2016 NJ rated it liked it
Shelves: psychology
Interesting read. But one annoying thing was that it felt like much of the content was dedicated towards advertising the Mind Control course! It should have been written about in one small chapter towards the end of the book instead of repeating about it in every chapter!
I will write a proper review after putting the techniques in this book into regular practice and play around with them a bit and see what happens!! (4.11.2016)

"It is generally a state of mind, a damaged self-image, that puts a p
Hepburn
Jul 20, 2014 Hepburn rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014_books
This book introduces many ways to take control of your mind. Among them, I got interested in the following two ways:

1. Meditation
According to this book, there are two kinds of meditations: one is passive meditation, and the other is dynamic meditation.
Passive meditation is in itself is effective in that worries and feelings of guilt or anger are absent during the meditation. Also it leads to what is called a happy stillness, or inner peace.
Jose Silva suggests that dynamic meditation, which g
Kim
Nov 09, 2009 Kim rated it it was amazing
Step by step ESP! Read it in 2003 in 1 sitting, and then surfed the net for more. Voila, the power of synchronicity had worked for there was a weekend workshop coming near me in HK. Of course i enrolled and it's well worth the hefty fees for a thorough guided training of the Silva Method. As a bonus, students can re-sit in a refresher anywhere in the world again for as many times we wish. Enlightening!
Nick Arkesteyn
Mar 08, 2013 Nick Arkesteyn rated it really liked it
Very interesting read. I like the meditation strategies for getting into an alpha wave state. Many of the ideas in this book are difficult for me to believe but...with as much as we are learning about quantum physics and how they are shifting our current paradigm of reality, the wild ideas in this book "could" be true. I will never know. HA
Cheryl
Oct 07, 2007 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to attend a workshop by a Brazillian Priest in Silva Mind Control as a youth (thanks Mom!). This book and workshop was my first true introduction to creative visualization - in detail. I re-purchased a set of audio tapes of this book in 2005, to re read.
Nikolay Mollov
Dec 24, 2010 Nikolay Mollov rated it it was amazing
"По-нежен и по-лесен начин за справяне с лошите навици - това е въображението. То попада право в целта и постига онова, което желаете... Когато волята и въображението са в конфликт, винаги побеждава въображението."
Randall
Aug 01, 2008 Randall rated it really liked it
Good book if you have any interest in the paranormal and the power of the human brain.
Ivan
Nov 15, 2012 Ivan rated it really liked it
Very inspiring and life changing, same as Murphy's The Power of Your Subconscious Mind but less reader friendly. You actually have to reread this book to grasp the methods and techniques!
Survivors
Jun 15, 2009 Survivors rated it really liked it
As a mental health professional, former clergy, hypnotherapist and life coach, I found this to be a wonderful culmination of many tools. A must read.
Jake Kiesel
Jan 11, 2008 Jake Kiesel rated it liked it
this book changed my life.

For a few hours
Marisu Cárdenas
Jan 05, 2014 Marisu Cárdenas rated it it was amazing
Easy to follow through and learn about how does your mind can a different and better level.
Tina
Jan 04, 2017 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-unread
I find the book very empowering and although I haven't put anything into practise yet, for me, it seems very easy and straight-forward and I believe it may help me with many aspects of my life.
Justas
Jan 21, 2017 Justas rated it it was amazing
Some very cool techniques to control our mind. Heard about placebo effect. This book take it further.
Kimberly
Feb 14, 2017 Kimberly rated it liked it
Interesting meditation method. I would like to take a course sometime as I'm not sure I would be able to master this method simply by following along with the text.
Julieta Steyr
Jan 30, 2016 Julieta Steyr rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Tendría 7 u 8 años, no más que eso cuando leí "El Método Silva...", un libro que estaba en la biblioteca de casa.
Estoy asombrada de la cantidad de ilusos que captó, casi sin palabras.
Me acuerdo haber pensado, ya en esa época, que Silva era un charlatán, que su método era inservible y para mentes débiles, y que todo aquello era una gran farsa. Bueno, con los años rellené aquella descripción con un poco más de cinismo y unas cuantas floridas descripciones más al respecto. Creo que desde entonces
Attila Benő
May 21, 2016 Attila Benő rated it it was amazing
They teach this method personally, and there's a book from it. The two learning methods are quite different. The personal training is faster, however the book is more "adventurous". This technique does not offer anything new to people already involved in spiritual studies, however it is a great starting point for anyone getting into these realms. The method is quite down-to-earth, suitable even for skeptics and religious people.
Anirudh J
May 30, 2015 Anirudh J rated it really liked it
I would say that it is a fantastic book. In fact I would say that I am going to follow the principles included from June 11.
Right. About the book,it is a Four Day Course encased in it.The principles/techniques involved can be used by layman. Jose Silva was a Radio mechanic but he pioneered a new method of mind control. Bravo to this author.
I know I know this review isn't that good but I think I have done well with my review here:)
Adolfo Salas
Nov 03, 2013 Adolfo Salas rated it liked it
Empece muy emocionad leyendolo, creyendo en todo lo que el libro podia ofrecer luego fueron casos y casos y casos de exito y entonces me pregunte ¿Por qué? ¿acaso necesitaban demostrar que tenia exito el metodo? o ¿es que necesitaban convencer fielmente al lector de que funciona para que puedan creer en el metodo? en fin fue demasiada publicidad y abordaron muy poco sobre el metodo pense que iba a ser mas profundo o mas intimo.
Sylvie Bourgeois
Jan 25, 2016 Sylvie Bourgeois rated it really liked it
This is another book that I will definitely use as a reference. I've started practising the meditation techniques and find such peace. I would love to attend a workshop one day. A step by step book on further developing your mind. Fascinating! A must read for those interested in finding answers within yourself ( subconscious ) .
Leora Eisenberg
Nov 03, 2014 Leora Eisenberg rated it really liked it
I really liked it, but have yet to put its precepts into play. I have just started doing the morning meditation and have found it nice, but agree with Silva in that it doesn't feel much different, but he did say that that is normal.
Sara Kamjou
Mar 08, 2015 Sara Kamjou rated it it was ok
اگر به کتاب هایی مشابه قدرت فکر علاقه مندین خوندن این کتاب هم خالی از لطف نیست.
با وجود مطالب مفید، تمرینات و نحوه رفتن به حالت آلفا چندان واضح نبود که از اونجایی که این مباحث ستون اصلی کتاب هستن یک نقطه ضعف اساسی به شمار میاد.
Waseem
Apr 07, 2013 Waseem rated it liked it
I cant remember what I rated this book, so I'l give it 2/-3 stars, anything better i'd would have remembered, just migrating my list / bookshelf from that idiot service 'weread' that doesnt work anymore...but anyways...hope to connect with fellow readers :)

Waseem Mirza
The Silva Mind Control Method 1 3 Apr 07, 2014 08:34AM
  • The Big Book Of NLP Techniques: 200+ Patterns & Strategies of Neuro Linguistic Programming
  • The Psychology of Persuasion: How to Persuade Others to Your Way of Thinking
  • Get the Life You Want: The Secrets to Quick and Lasting Life Change with Neuro-Linguistic Programming
  • Why Smart People Can Be So Stupid
  • Speak Like a CEO: Secrets for Commanding Attention and Getting Results: Secrets for Communicating Attention and Getting Results
  • Far Journeys
  • Intimate Connections
  • Thresholds of the Mind
  • The Art of Creative Thinking: How to Be Innovative and Develop Great Ideas
  • Talks with a Devil
  • I Can Make You Confident: The Power to Go for Anything You Want!
  • Autobiography of a Schizophrenic Girl