Start by marking “Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality” as Want to Read:
Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality

Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality

Are you unsure of your purpose in life? Stuck in the past and worried about the future? Hamstrung by fear, failure, or trials? Mother is here to help. For more than twenty-five years, Mother Angelica has dispensed spiritual wisdom and practical advice to millions around the globe through her lively broadcasts on EWTN. Now she shares with you her personal life lessons and h ...more
Published March 6th 2007 by Image (first published January 1st 2007)

Be the first to ask a question about Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality

Stuart
Apr 25, 2016 Stuart rated it it was amazing
Today, I am wrapping up my month of Mother Angelica book reviews with her book Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality. Like the bulk of her books, this one was edited by Raymond Arroyo and published by Image Books. The book is approximately 220 pages long as divided into fourteen broad themes, including Everyday Holiness; God's Will and Providence; Sin and Temptation; and Saints and Angels. Within these broad themes are subsections. For example, in the first chap ...more
D
Dec 30, 2013 D rated it liked it
I read this pithy little book after becoming familiar with Mother Angelica through reruns of her show on ETWN - the Catholic cable network. She has an interesting way of putting things and some good positive insight on God and life in general. Not being Catholic, I probably did not totally understand or relate to everything she wrote which is why I only gave the book three stars. The book was worth reading however. I marked up many of her quotes and will probably refer back to the book from time ...more
Rachel Crooks
Aug 07, 2013 Rachel Crooks rated it really liked it
Her words had me thinking and laughing at the same time, and wondering, "what makes such a holy woman so funny?"

The more I thought about it, I decided that when people grow in holiness, they learn to let go of their attachments - to themselves, to others, to things. They can look at themselves then and see the humor because they have gained humility. They also are more free to see what is true because of this detachment. They are able to tell the truth as it is, because it is clear, and we laug
Elise
Sep 03, 2014 Elise rated it it was amazing
What a hilarious and to the point woman Mother Angelica is! This book was exactly what I needed to read and I would recommend it to any Christian, Catholic or not, as quality spiritual reading. The great thing about it, is that this book is divided into smaller excerpts and sometimes just one line quotes. You can read one a day or did like I did and consume the entire book all at once! She is just so direct and blunt and sometimes that is just what we need. Some of these excerpts can provide gre ...more
Jaime Krause
Mar 31, 2016 Jaime Krause rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic compilation of different quotes and saying from Mother Angelica. There is an overall theme of her life, and that is to unite all aspects of our lives with Jesus. The good and bad; pain and healing; blessings and sufferings. In the end, each brings us closer to Him and allow us to be more holy and sanctified.

I am also glad Arroyo brought up what she's said about the struggles of the saints and how holiness is for sinners!
Cathy
Jun 03, 2010 Cathy rated it it was amazing
I will be reading this over and over for the rest of my life.
This plain speaking Southern woman endured pain most of her life and pushed on in spite of it.
Her comments will pull you out of any kind of mental funk or any lie you might be telling yourself about why you aren't the right person for the job God is nagging at you to do!
Tom
Feb 25, 2013 Tom rated it it was amazing
Great little book. My family and I watched Mother Angelica faithfully every Tuesday and Wednesday night. It's so nice to have much of her wisdom put together in this little book. God bless her in these golden years of hers. She is a true saint in my book.
Lorraine
Apr 26, 2013 Lorraine rated it it was amazing
Amazing! I will be returning to this little book again and again. Done in segments, it is designed so that it can be taken in in small, thoughtful bits. I love Mother Angelica so much, I read it in one go. I'll certainly be rereading, many times.
Anthony
Jul 05, 2011 Anthony rated it it was amazing
Packed with valuable life lessons in an east-to-digest format. <3
Jan
Feb 15, 2016 Jan rated it it was amazing
Mother Angelica is the best! I prefer seeing her on television to get all the nuances, but I can hear them as I read.
Olivia
Nov 12, 2007 Olivia rated it it was amazing
I love Mother Angelica. Enough to name my daughter after her.......
Jennifer Hamilton
Jul 04, 2011 Jennifer Hamilton rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-as-an-adult
Fantastic book! Works great as a daily meditation book!
Laurie
Oct 21, 2008 Laurie rated it it was amazing
Thought provoking, educational, and funny.
Kurt Geisel
Feb 23, 2016 Kurt Geisel rated it it was amazing
That's an awful lot of timeliness wisdom packed into so few straight-shooting words. This would work well as a devotional--something you could take powerful yet small doses of on a daily basis.

If you're familiar with her television show, you'll find more than a redux here. Arroyo canvasses deeper and uncovers material from Mother's early pamphlets and teachings given to her sisters as far back as the 1950s. There are new perspectives here not cut in the same style as the impromptu call-in respon
Bill
Mar 12, 2009 Bill rated it liked it
This is a book I normally would never have considered reading but it was a Christmas present and surprisingly enough I liked it. The book is filled with short sayings about practical everyday living and about a persons true place in the scheme of things. Obviously the book comes off with a catholic point of view but the whole read rings very very true.
Kacie Hennigan
Sep 01, 2016 Kacie Hennigan rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Mother Angelica a few months before her passing. I only wish I could have learned about her more through-out my own life. She is so inspiring still today for me. She has a very dry but witty sense of humor. I love all of her books.
Jeanie Mccarthy Pityinger
Apr 05, 2016 Jeanie Mccarthy Pityinger rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and was blessed by it - I could almost hear her voice saying the statements, and things throughout the book. I miss her dearly & thank God for the time He allowed us to get to know her, and her life through her ministry, cds, dvds, books, etc.
Erin
Jan 03, 2017 Erin rated it really liked it
Mother Angelica takes a down-to-earth approach to faith. I enjoyed her messages and stories. Many made me laugh out loud. Highly recommended to those trying to find their way who don't enjoy things too preachy or too sunny.
Herb
Dec 09, 2008 Herb rated it liked it
Shelves: christianity
I just love this woman. She's cute and very tough at the same time and this is an enjoyable book of quotes and, yes, even witticisms from this fun nun. A good read.
Barbara J.
Mar 24, 2013 Barbara J. rated it really liked it
So many quotable passages. Lots of wisdom packed in this little volume.
Marilyn
Jun 21, 2016 Marilyn rated it it was amazing
Every quote in this book is meaningful and deep and invites/requires much pondering over. A book worth buying a savoring in little mouthfuls.
Massanutten Regional Library
Janet, Grottoes patron, July 2016, 5 stars:

This is a great little volume of commentary on Scriptures of Jesus. They are funny, practical and worth reading them.
Stephanie
May 12, 2008 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Okay so I know the Golden rule but she points out how and why it is important to use it towards a higher purpose. I have to say that Mother Angelica uses humor to show human in all of us.
Dawn Meyers
Jan 05, 2014 Dawn Meyers rated it really liked it
This little book is broken into chapters, and nice little paragraphs of quotes and insights from Mother Angelica. Good to read in little snippets.
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2013
Sandra Wehrman
Sandra Wehrman rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2007
Dick
Dick rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2016
Alex
Alex rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2016
Rick
Rick rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Mother Angelica: The Remarkable Story of a Nun, Her Nerve, and a Network of Miracles
  • The Courage To Be Catholic: Crisis, Reform And The Future Of The Church
  • Lord, Have Mercy: The Healing Power of Confession
  • Render Unto Caesar: Serving the Nation by Living our Catholic Beliefs in Political Life
  • The Incorruptibles: A Study of Incorruption in the Bodies of Various Saints and Beati
  • Surprised By Truth: 11 Converts Give the Biblical and Historical Reasons for Becoming Catholic
  • Arise from Darkness: What to Do When Life Doesn't Make Sense
  • Theology of the Body for Beginners: A Basic Introduction to Pope John Paul II's Sexual Revolution
  • If You Really Loved Me: 101 Questions on Dating, Relationships, and Sexual Purity
  • The Secret Of The Rosary
  • 7 Secrets of the Eucharist
  • Fides et Ratio: On the Relationship Between Faith and Reason
  • Why Catholics are Right
  • Pierced by a Sword
  • Led by Faith: Rising from the Ashes of the Rwandan Genocide
  • Catholic Christianity: A Complete Catechism of Catholic Beliefs Based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church
  • A Book of Saints for Catholic Moms: 52 Companions for Your Heart, Mind, Body, and Soul
  • Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska: Divine Mercy in My Soul
Mother Mary Angelica of the Annunciation, PCPA (born Rita Antoinette Rizzo; April 20, 1923 – March 27, 2016), usually known as Mother Angelica, was an American Franciscan nun best known as a television personality and the founder of both the internationally-broadcast cable television network Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN) and the radio network WEWN.

In 1981, Mother Angelica started broadcas
More about Mother Angelica...