Start by marking “Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality” as Want to Read:
Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality

Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality

4.51 of 5 stars 4.51  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  18 reviews
""Everything starts with one person . . . I don't care if you're 5 or 105, God from all eternity chose you to be where you are, at this time in history, to change the world."
"If you are following God, He never shows you the end. It's always a walk of faith."
"Faith is one foot on the ground, one foot in the air, and a queasy feeling in the stomach."
"
"--Mother Angelica
"
Ar
Published March 6th 2007 by Doubleday Books (first published January 1st 2007)

Be the first to ask a question about Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality

D
I read this pithy little book after becoming familiar with Mother Angelica through reruns of her show on ETWN - the Catholic cable network. She has an interesting way of putting things and some good positive insight on God and life in general. Not being Catholic, I probably did not totally understand or relate to everything she wrote which is why I only gave the book three stars. The book was worth reading however. I marked up many of her quotes and will probably refer back to the book from time ...more
Elise
What a hilarious and to the point woman Mother Angelica is! This book was exactly what I needed to read and I would recommend it to any Christian, Catholic or not, as quality spiritual reading. The great thing about it, is that this book is divided into smaller excerpts and sometimes just one line quotes. You can read one a day or did like I did and consume the entire book all at once! She is just so direct and blunt and sometimes that is just what we need. Some of these excerpts can provide gre ...more
Rachel Crooks
Her words had me thinking and laughing at the same time, and wondering, "what makes such a holy woman so funny?"

The more I thought about it, I decided that when people grow in holiness, they learn to let go of their attachments - to themselves, to others, to things. They can look at themselves then and see the humor because they have gained humility. They also are more free to see what is true because of this detachment. They are able to tell the truth as it is, because it is clear, and we laug
Mary Macellis
I'm Loving This! Mother Angelica is such a sweetie! And her Wisdom and wit is a breath Of fresh air to our world! God Bless her!
Bill
This is a book I normally would never have considered reading but it was a Christmas present and surprisingly enough I liked it. The book is filled with short sayings about practical everyday living and about a persons true place in the scheme of things. Obviously the book comes off with a catholic point of view but the whole read rings very very true.
Cathy
I will be reading this over and over for the rest of my life.
This plain speaking Southern woman endured pain most of her life and pushed on in spite of it.
Her comments will pull you out of any kind of mental funk or any lie you might be telling yourself about why you aren't the right person for the job God is nagging at you to do!
Dawn Meyers
This little book is broken into chapters, and nice little paragraphs of quotes and insights from Mother Angelica. Good to read in little snippets.
Tom
Great little book. My family and I watched Mother Angelica faithfully every Tuesday and Wednesday night. It's so nice to have much of her wisdom put together in this little book. God bless her in these golden years of hers. She is a true saint in my book.
Lorraine
Amazing! I will be returning to this little book again and again. Done in segments, it is designed so that it can be taken in in small, thoughtful bits. I love Mother Angelica so much, I read it in one go. I'll certainly be rereading, many times.
Stephanie
Okay so I know the Golden rule but she points out how and why it is important to use it towards a higher purpose. I have to say that Mother Angelica uses humor to show human in all of us.
Herb
I just love this woman. She's cute and very tough at the same time and this is an enjoyable book of quotes and, yes, even witticisms from this fun nun. A good read.
Mellie B
This book is really helpful even if you are not Catholic, it can help you spiritually get through those days you can't seem to make it through.
Kimberly
This nun is hilarious! I always pick this up and read a few pages when I'm having a bad day.
Barbara J.
So many quotable passages. Lots of wisdom packed in this little volume.
Anthony
Packed with valuable life lessons in an east-to-digest format. <3
Olivia
I love Mother Angelica. Enough to name my daughter after her.......
Jennifer Hamilton
Fantastic book! Works great as a daily meditation book!
Laurie
Thought provoking, educational, and funny.
Sonya Albertson
Sonya Albertson marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Dominic
Dominic marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Anne
Anne is currently reading it
Dec 06, 2014
Kaela
Kaela marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Lyssa
Lyssa marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Shugabooga
Shugabooga marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
  • The Courage To Be Catholic: Crisis, Reform And The Future Of The Church
  • Hail, Holy Queen: The Mother of God in the Word of God
  • Surprised by Truth
  • Arise from Darkness: What to Do When Life Doesn't Make Sense
  • Theology of the Body for Beginners: A Basic Introduction to Pope John Paul II's Sexual Revolution
  • Render Unto Caesar: Serving the Nation by Living our Catholic Beliefs in Political Life
  • 7 Secrets of the Eucharist
  • The Incorruptibles: A Study of Incorruption in the Bodies of Various Saints and Beati
  • Fides Et Ratio: On the Relationship Between Faith and Reason: Encyclical Letter of John Paul II
  • Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska: Divine Mercy in My Soul
  • Saint John Paul the Great: His Five Loves
  • Catholic Christianity: A Complete Catechism of Catholic Beliefs Based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church
  • Jesus of Nazareth, Part Two: Holy Week: From the Entrance into Jerusalem to the Resurrection
  • The Secret Of The Rosary
  • Catholicism: A Journey to the Heart of the Faith
  • Pierced by a Sword
Raymond Arroyo is an award winning journalist, a New York Times Bestselling author, and a producer. He is the news director and lead anchor of EWTN News; creator and host of the international news magazine The World Over Live seen in 200 million households each week. Arroyo lives in the Washington DC area with his wife and children.
More about Raymond Arroyo...
Mother Angelica: The Remarkable Story of a Nun, Her Nerve, and a Network of Miracles Mother Angelica's Private and Pithy Lessons from the Scriptures The Prayers and Personal Devotions of Mother Angelica Kerman Derman and the Relic of Perilous Falls Mother Angelica - The Remarkable Story of a Nun, Her Nerve, and a Network of Miracles