Start by marking “Alive!” as Want to Read:
Alive!

Alive!

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Alive! Extraordinary Stories of Ordinary People Who Survived Deadly Tornadoes, Avalanches, Shipwrecks & More is a heart-stopping collection of survival stories from the archives of Reader’s Digest’s ‘Drama in Real Life’ series. Readers will be on the edge of their seats as they are drawn into the dramatic tales of everyday people ...more
Published May 6th 2014 by Readers Digest

To ask other readers questions about Alive!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alive!

Cheryl
I got a really good idea of what all of these people went through surviving Mother Nature and animal attacks and I have to say that while I was intrigued by their stories, I am sorry that they had a story to share. On the same hand, I am glad that everyone survived their ordeal. I found the stories in the section "At the Mercy of a Wild Animal" to grab my attention and I felt like I was there with each person witnessing the tragic events up close.

I almost had a story of my own to share for "Faci
Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)
Did I enjoy this book: This book has a vast variety of stories told by ordinary people who survived extraordinary events. You’ll find shipwrecks, tornados, plane crashes, fires, etc. It’s a great book to have at the doctor’s office or car pool. You can enjoy a story or two without getting sucked into a whole novel.

I want to give a shout out to “The Tot and the Twister” by Derek Burnett. It is one of my favorite stories from the anthology. I remember that tornado. I used to live just down the roa
Marathon County Public Library MCPL
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to survive a tornado, flood or shark attack? ALIVE is a compilation of first-person articles previously published in the READER'S DIGEST magazine that describe such events. Twenty-two people share their memorable experiences with airplane crashes, cougar attacks, avalanches, firestorms and so on. It makes for gripping but not graphic reading. All the stories have an inspirational message.

Mike O. / Marathon County Public Library
Find this book in our li
Sharon Chance
As a child, I always looked forward to the new edition of Reader's Digest and one of my favorite sections was the "Drama In Real Life" stories.

In "Alive," the editors of Reader's Digest have gathered some of the best of recent stories of ordinary folks who survived disasters that most of us can only imagine going through. All of the stories are fascinating and mesmerizing, with some so real that it will have the reader on the edge of their seats!

This is a well-done collection of short, but cap
Beth Olson shultz
Borrowed this interesting book from the library. It is the best of the "drama in real life" stories from Reader's Digest. A quick read and excellent true stories.
Kristy
Kristy added it
Aug 21, 2014
FSB Associates
FSB Associates is currently reading it
Jul 07, 2014
Gmr
Gmr marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
WhitleyLife
WhitleyLife marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Brianne Whitley
Brianne Whitley marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
The Reader's Digest Association, Inc. is a global media and direct marketing company based in Chappaqua, New York, best known for its flagship publication founded in 1922, Reader's Digest. The company's headquarters are in New York City, where it moved from Pleasantville, New York.

The company was founded by DeWitt and Lila Wallace in 1922 with the first publication of Reader's Digest magazine, but
More about Reader's Digest Association...
Back to Basics New Complete Guide to Sewing Strange Stories, Amazing Facts The Girl Who Chased the Moon / Rainwater Laughter Really Is The Best Medicine: America's Funniest Jokes, Stories, and Cartoons