Start by marking “The Devil May Care (Mac McKenzie, #11)” as Want to Read:
The Devil May Care (Mac McKenzie, #11)

The Devil May Care (Mac McKenzie #11)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Riley Brodin is the granddaughter of Walter Muehlenhaus - a man as rich, powerful, and connected as anyone since the days of J. P. Morgan. Despite her family's connections, it's McKenzie she reaches out to when her relatively new boyfriend goes missing. Despite his reservations about getting involved with the Muehlenhaus family - again - McKenzie agrees to look for one Jua ...more
Published June 3rd 2014 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about The Devil May Care, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil May Care

Marca
I accidentally picked up this book at the library. Wasn’t wearing my glasses and saw “David” on the cover – thought it was David Baldacci. The cover art kinda looked like a Baldacci book. I decided to read the book anyway since it was a mystery and was glad I did. Rushmore McKenzie, a retired police officer who is now wealthy, is approached by a young woman from the town’s richest family to find her missing boyfriend. Adventure ensues. I liked McKenzie; he was a sensible guy who played well with ...more
Sharonm
In this 11th Mac McKenzie book, "that fucking McKenzie" is prevailed upon by the granddaughter of his rich nemesis, Walter Muehlenhaus, to find her missing Spanish boyfriend. Riley Muehlenhaus, the Muehlenhaus Girl, has been more than dating Juan Carlos Navarre, when he suddenly disappears. As McKenzie begins the search among the über-wealthy Minnesotans whose company Riley and Juan Carlos keep, he runs afoul of the reincarnation of a Hispanic Mafia group that seems just as intent to locate Juan ...more
Joe O'c
Very Good; Continuing character: Rushmore McKenzie; a missing person's case turns more mysterious when in becomes apparent other, more nefarious people, are looking for the same person - and are willing to hurt others to find him
Ampersand Canada's Book & Gift Agency Inc
If you like a well written mystery with good characters and a satisfying conclusion please read David Housewright. I was so surprised when I discovered him that I hadn't heard of him before - he writes good quality mystery fiction.
Su
I will say outright that Housewright's works are equal to John Sandford's writing. Both are Minnesota authors and both have what seems to be an inside workings of the knowledge a Minnesota cop would have. Wonderful!
Elisabeth
Introduced to David Housewright last year by a co-worker -- and am caught up in the characters ... terrific read. Enough surprise and suspense to have me looking to the next one ...
Vontel
Would have rated it a 3.5 if possible. A lark, and very enjoyable. I have read at least one previous book in this series. At times, it reminds me of Robert B. Parker mysteries.
Al Stoess
Jun 11, 2014 Al Stoess rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Housewright fans. McKenzie fans.
Not his best but it became more interesting as it moved along. I would have liked a better ending.
Harvey
Very solid entry in this consistently well -written and well plotted series.

Rushmore McKenzie is a great character...the now wealthy, retired-young ex-cop with too much time on his hands.

Also enjoy the Twin Cities and Minnesota lake locations.
Joanne
A McKenzie mystery set in Minnesota. Always fun to read
Jeffrey
Jeffrey marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Soma
Soma marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Karen Fitzpatrick
Karen Fitzpatrick marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Stacie
Stacie marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Lis
Lis marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Jmax
Jmax added it
Sep 08, 2014
Tracie D'angelo
Tracie D'angelo marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A reformed newspaper reporter and ad man, Housewright's book "Penance" (Foul Play Press) earned the 1996 Edgar Award for Best First Novel from the Mystery Writers of America and was nominated for a Shamus in the same category by the Private Eye Writers of America.

"Practice to Deceive" won the 1998 Minnesota Book Award (it is currently being developed as a feature film) and "Jelly's Gold" won the s
More about David Housewright...
A Hard Ticket Home (Mac McKenzie, #1) Tin City (Mac McKenzie, #2) Pretty Girl Gone (Mac McKenzie, #3) Jelly's Gold (Mac McKenzie, #6) Curse of the Jade Lily (Mac McKenzie, #9)