Start by marking “Wolfsbane: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Wolfsbane: A Novel

Wolfsbane: A Novel (Rebel Angels #3)

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  74 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
It's tough being the foretold savior of your race. Rory MacGregor, kept a virtual prisoner in his own father's dun and hunted by the Sithe queen, needs a break now and then—and what better fun than tearing the Veil no one else can tear and escaping to the Otherworld?

In that dangerous Otherworld, Hannah Falconer is as trapped by circumstance as the strange wild Sithe boy wh
Published July 1st 2014 by Tor Books (first published August 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Wolfsbane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolfsbane

Liviania
Jul 28, 2014 Liviania rated it really liked it
It's a little hard for me to accept that there's only one more Rebel Angels book to go. I've been enjoying the hell out of this series. It's sprawling and twisted and based on characters who make mistakes because they can't be anything but themselves. And, of course, the villain who takes advantage of that.

WOLFSBANE did feel a bit like a holding pattern before the end. The stakes weren't quite as high, the protagonists didn't lose quite as much - but the antagonist didn't win as much either.

The
Vanessa
Jun 26, 2015 Vanessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
After the gripping events of book 2, BLOODSTONE, it's now fifteen years later and Seth is the dun captain--a responsibility he never expected, knowing his brother Conal would inherit. Now Conal is gone, but Seth has his son Rory, whose ability to manipulate the Viel--the barrier between the Sithe world and the human world--makes him the prophesied Bloodstone, and the very person Queen Kate NicNiven wants for her own purposes.

Unfortunately teenagers will chafe under restrictions, even knowing it'
Small Review
This series gets better and better! Full review to come.

Originally posted on Small Review

Gosh do I love this series. I don't know what it is about it, but Gillian Philip's books are like crack. I can't get enough of them and each installment in this series is unwaveringly solid.

Seth has grown up a lot and is firmly in the "awesome characters to root for" column, which makes it even better that his romance here just overwhelms me with happiness for all parties involved.

Like the previous books, e
Wayne
Jan 15, 2016 Wayne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After really loving the last one in the series this one did not disappoint. Plenty of action, great characters, twists and turns, drama ~ this had it all. After taking a while to warm to it I am hooked now. The plot is just so good and the writing just draws you in and really makes the characters burst off the pages. Really looking forward to the last in the series, Icefall. I will also have to invest in the .5 prequel to Firebrand, Frost child as well I think. Overall a great read in a very enj ...more
Chris Curran
Dec 04, 2012 Chris Curran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Rebel Angels series just gets better and better. Gillian Phillip has created an absolutely compelling world full of drama and violence and in the third instalment, Wolfsbane, the civil war between the rival Sithe factions becomes ever more deadly. Seth McGregor, now Captain of his clann, continues the fight against the evil Queen, Kate NicNiven, as she attempts to destroy the Veil that separates the Sithe world from our own. But Seth has enemies even amongst his own fighters and as he strugg ...more
Sera Lewis
Oct 12, 2014 Sera Lewis rated it really liked it
I'm leaping in mid-season and really wasn't sure I was going to get caught up, but somewhere around the hundredth page, it had me. Contemporary faery fantasy with a land that reads like 9th century Scotland, only with CD players.
scarlettraces
(3.5) I liked it, but the middle section lost me & I didn't get back to it for ages. I should probably wait a while before tackling Icefall.
Adele
Jan 12, 2015 Adele rated it liked it
I'm torn. There were parts I loved and I wanted to give this four stars, but there were also parts that I found written in an unnecessarily confusing way and a few parts that were a little boring. Overall, a satisfying read, though.
Christy
Dec 27, 2014 Christy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
twist and turns abound in those book now the dreaded wait for the next one. the end killed me.
Ruth Long
Sep 07, 2012 Ruth Long rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love this series so much. Utterly shameless, especially when it comes to Seth of course!

Goes firmly on the list of books that made me late for work and stay up too late because I simply couldn't put it down. :D
Neile
Sep 16, 2012 Neile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Despite the harsh, violent world of this series, I find it utterly compelling. It's the passion of these characters, for each other, for their pain, for their world, and their need to do the right thing, however damaged they are.
Mary
Aug 23, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Another stunner from Gillian Philip. Full review soon on Our Book Reviews Blog
Gemma
I'm still reelling from the ending!!!

Review to follow soon!
Lam Lam
Lam Lam marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Sarah Sutton
Sarah Sutton rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2016
Rick Leavitt
Rick Leavitt marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Leah Criswell
Leah Criswell marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Tanner Stackhouse
Tanner Stackhouse marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Peter Centorcelli
Peter Centorcelli marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Nicole Henderson
Nicole Henderson rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Foggygirl
Foggygirl marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Cathryn
Cathryn rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Brandi Howard
Brandi Howard marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Hexe
Hexe marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Elkins Library
Elkins Library marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Elkins Library
Elkins Library marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
  • Ward Against Disaster (Chronicles of a Reluctant Necromancer #3)
  • Robert Asprin's Dragons Run
  • The Guild (Guardians of Destiny, #3)
  • The Shadowed Throne (The Risen Sun, #2)
  • Mind Games (Cassie Scot #3)
  • Magic and Loss (Golgotham #3)
  • The Cat, the Devil, the Last Escape
  • The Boy who Wept Blood (Erebus Sequence, #2)
  • Hunter Deceived (Wild Hunt #1)
  • 1066: What Fates Impose
  • Swords and Scoundrels (Duelists Trilogy, #1)
  • TimeBomb (Timebomb Trilogy #1)
  • The Woken Gods
  • Jane
  • A Study in Sable (Elemental Masters #11)
  • The Red Lily Crown: A Novel of Medici Florence
  • Sins of the Son (Grigori Legacy, #2)
  • Beyond the Pale
Gillian Philip is the author of more than 20 books for adults, young adults and children, including the Rebel Angels series (Firebrand, Bloodstone, Wolfsbane and Icefall). Her debut novel, the dystopian mystery Bad Faith, was published in 2008.

As well as fantasy she writes crime: Crossing The Line and The Opposite Of Amber are published by Bloomsbury. She is one of the Erin Hunters, working on th
More about Gillian Philip...

Rebel Angels (4 books)
  • Firebrand (Rebel Angels, #1)
  • Bloodstone (Rebel Angels, #2)
  • Icefall (Rebel Angels, #4)