Start by marking “Out of Time (Out of Line, #2)” as Want to Read:
Out of Time (Out of Line, #2)

Out of Time (Out of Line #2)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  3,477 Ratings  ·  244 Reviews
Desperate to keep him...

I've finally gotten everything I ever wanted: love, freedom, happiness, and, most importantly, Finn. Our love is everything I expected it to be and more. We've finally found each other, but the world seems determined to tear us apart. We thought my father was the only obstacle between us, but now it's the military. With Finn’s departure looming, we’
Published December 1st 2013 by Smashwords Edition (first published November 29th 2013)

Secretly Adorkable Readers
(I need to know about that phone call right now that Finn received!! Is he having to leave to go on tour or did someone die in her family or did they find out their relationship?? I hope he hasnt been in remission and has cancer like his mother. The title would be fitting for the 1.5 Novella then there is a book 2 after that. Questions, I really need a synopsis here Jen!!!) side note before I read Out of Time

Out of Time Review.......So......Jen.......What the Crap!! Not just a "Cliffhanger" agai
Candace Fleming
Mar 18, 2014 Candace Fleming rated it really liked it
Finn and Carrie's story only gets better in this book. I absolutely loved Out of Line and was worried this book would let me down. Jen McLaughlin, you nailed it. By the end of this one, I am beyond invested in Finn and Carrie's relationship. Out of Line ended on a cliffhanger when Finn receives a phone call and you can only assume the news wasn't good on the other end. Out of Line opens with the fallout from the phone call and Carrie and Finn trying to deal with the aftermath.

Finn is hard not t
Brit
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5+ beautiful heart wrenching stars. This story was written so beautifully it just pours out emotions you thought you never had. I find myself sitting here shocked and devastated and completely torn with heart ache. This book was so realistic, for a moment I thought I was Carrie. It reminded me so much of my past relationship with an american soldier, we will never know when they will be called away for duty. so I know how Carrie felt through the whole entire book. And Finn let's just say he's s
Jenny
"The sun will continue to shine because I have you. And you have me. Nothing will change that, okay?"

photo emma_interested1-1.gif

It's Round 2 for Finn & Carrie and I was beyond pleased with the outcome. Jen McLaughlin did not let us down!!

photo passionate-kiss-2.gif

The attraction between the two characters is still fresh & new since Out of Line. The love they have for one another is so strong and are finally together. The only problem? They still have to keep their relationship a secret.

Carrie is still Carrie - the adventurous, big heart
Danielle from Short and Sassy
5 stars

If you loved Out of Line, then you are going to be blown away by Out of Time. As I am writing this, I am still in awe by this book. I have such a book hanger over right now, it is not even funny. In my opinion, this books was even better than the first. Out of Time is the second book in the Out of Line series. If you haven't read the first book, please, stop what you are doing at this very moment and go and read it right now! Then pick up Out of Time and read it immediately afterwards.

Out
Kara
Mar 17, 2014 Kara rated it really liked it
McLaughlin can write a great story.
She has a way of writing a story that I have to read from start to finish in one sitting.

Carrie & Finn. Love these two!

Where is book 3!?!?
Lauren Blakely
Dec 01, 2013 Lauren Blakely rated it it was amazing
Fabulous!! Carrie and Finn fans will be so happy!
Jillian
Dec 10, 2013 Jillian rated it it was amazing
You can also find my review on my blog:

Out of Time is the second book in Jen McLaughlin’s Out of Line Series. After falling completely in love with Carrie and Finn in the first book, Out of Line, I was beyond eager to get my hands on this book. Well, it was everything I could have dreamed of…and more. I loved, loved, loved this book.

Carrie and Finn have overcome the obstacle of Finn being Carrie’s bodyguard and are enjoying their newfound love. Well, they’
Caterina Montebello
Ho aspettato con ansia questo libro. Ho adorato Carrie e Finn in "Fuori controllo", e non vedevo l'ora di scoprire come si sarebbe evoluta la loro vicenda. Ho sempre un po' paura quando una serie mi piace così tanto perchè le aspettative per il seguito sono alte e più passa il tempo e più aumentano.
Questo libro riprende esattamente da dove avevamo lasciato i due protagonisti. Finn e Carrie stanno insieme e sono più felici che mai, ma quella telefonata... Cosa riserverà per loro il futuro?!? Già
Alessandra  Nicolini
Recensito per il blog di LEGGEREROMANTICAMENTE:

4 STELLINE E MEZZO.

Di solito il termine “MARINE” è sinonimo di forza, rude mascolinità, tanta arroganza e selvaggio erotismo. Stavolta no. Perché Finn, pur essendo un soldato con gli attributi, con Carrie è talmente tenero, delicato e protettivo da personificare la quintessenza della dolcezza.
Che poi tutta questa dolcezza sia racchiusa in un corpo da sballo capace di farti provare un piacere sconfinato, resta
Sarah - Books to Breathe
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Would I ever be able to convince him I loved him exactly how he was, not as a version of what he could be? That I didn’t want him to change at all?

For me, this book was so much more delicious than the last, and I’m not even a little ashamed to admit that I misted up more than once. There was am honesty about it, a rawness, that really let us get to the heart of the characters. To strip them bare, both literally and figuratively, to see into t
Christine
Dec 04, 2013 Christine rated it it was amazing
Out of Time by Jen McLaughlin, Diane Alberts

5 Stars

As most of you know it is hard to get a 5 star rating out of me. Hands down this book (and series) deserves it. For you Carrie and Finn fans out there, you are gonna love this book. Don’t worry I WILL not give too many spoilers because like me, your gonna want to savor every second because, yes, this books ends in a cliffhanger too!!!! UGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I mean that in the best way possible!

This sequel starts out with Carrie and Finn together. God
Ellie
Dec 12, 2013 Ellie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Out of Line was such a fantastic book and I was looking forward to reading Out of Time because of the cliffhanger. Nothing could've prepared me for the devastation I'm feeling after finishing Out of Time. This story totally rocked my world. I'm wrecked. I'm devastated. My heart has literally shattered. And she left us with another cliffhanger!!

Finn is such a wonderful young man. I couldn't help but fall in love with him. He's the man I would choose for myself. He absolutely worships Carrie, but
Veronica
Nov 20, 2015 Veronica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cartaceo, ebook
Oh Finn… non può finire così….

Anche il secondo capitolo della Out of Line Series mi è piaciuto molto. Si legge tutto d’un fiato.
La storia riprende proprio al momento della misteriosa telefonata ricevuta dal nostro marine Finn dal suo comandante e scopriremo cosa la vita ha in serbo per la coppia.

Tra bugie, sotterfugi , drammoni, momenti super hot e situazioni stra-romantiche si arriva in un lampo alla fine. Purtroppo…

I protagonisti mi sono piaciuti molto: Finn è proprio un ragazzo d’oro e Car
Nazarea
Dec 02, 2013 Nazarea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
I was a huge fan of the first book, Out of Line, and was really hoping that Jen would deliver something as amazing. AND SHE TOTALLY DID! I loved that the relationship wasn't challenged by a third party, but by natural things that arise in relationships--work, parental disapproval. It was beautifully done and seeing Finn so wrapped up in Carrie was AWESOME. Read it.
Frency  camminando tra le pagine
Presto la recensione sul blog, ho molte cose da dire su questo romanzo ma quella che voglio urlare a gran voce è: DATEMI IL SEGUITI, TIPO, ADESSO!
Nancy The book junkie
Review coming soon!
Kim
Dec 01, 2013 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars

This book begins right where Out of Line ended. They mystery of the phone call is revealed. Finn and Carrie finally have bared their secrets and are truly together. But now they have to face hiding their relationship from her powerful overprotective father who hired him as her bodyguard. And also deal with the possibility of Finn having to leave for deployment or assignment.

"This was a pattern in my life. The second things started to look up for me, shit always blew up in my face."

They
New Adult e dintorni
Ho aspettato con ansia questo libro. Ho adorato Carrie e Finn in "Fuori controllo" (RECENSIONE QUI), e non vedevo l'ora di scoprire come si sarebbe evoluta la loro vicenda. Ho sempre un po' paura quando una serie mi piace così tanto perchè le aspettative per il seguito sono alte e più passa il tempo e più aumentano.
Allison Rivera
Dec 11, 2013 Allison Rivera rated it it was amazing
More reviews at: Book Fixation

Note: I received a copy of this book from InKSlinger PR and the author in exchange of a fair and honest review.

I love this book! I loved book 1 so I was definitely excited to read this one! Finn and Carrie are one of my favorite couples out there.

Carrie and Finn's romance is put on hold when Finn receives a message saying that he has to report back to duty. Another problem? Carrie's father. Carrie and Finn have gone through so much heartache that I think is time tha
Emma
Dec 16, 2013 Emma rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
I want my own Finn <3

Please bear in mind that this is book 2 in the series and the review may therefore contain spoilers for the first book.

OMG I think Jen McLaughlin is trying to kill me, the ending has left me in such an anxious state of anticipation I’m counting down the seconds until I get my next Finn fix. I adored the relationship in Out of Line but Out of Time takes it that one step further and takes my heart with it.

Carrie and Finn soon settle into a blissful, mutually supportive rela
Chiara
Dec 30, 2015 Chiara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ma perchè ultimamente non riesco più a trovare un libro che mi emozioni un briciolo? Uff, eccone un altro che non mi ha convinto. Sostanzialmente non succede assolutamente nulla per tutto il libro, eccetto le ultime pagine dove ovviamente inizia un po' d'azione e... taaac! Ecco il cliffhanger appostato dietro l'angolo! A me è sembrata solo un'ENORME premessa al terzo volume, che a questo punto devo assolutamente leggere per sapere come finisce la storia!
Brianna
Dec 06, 2013 Brianna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
Sitting here in tears at that ending. Omg, Jen why did you do this to me?!?!!

it was beautifully written. I was still so inthralled in Carrie & Finn's love story and i love how it progressed over his novella. But not that its over, i'm happy & relieved but sad because of Dotter
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
I want to read this SO.BAD. *whimpers*
Romance and Fantasy for Cosmopolitan Girls
Romance and Fantasy for Cosmopolitan Girls

Il primo romanzo della serie, Fuori Controllo, si era concluso con la riappacificazione dei due protagonisti, Carrie e Finn, in seguito alla lite furibonda scaturita dalla confessione del ragazzo riguardo il suo lavoro di guardia in incognito. Carrie ha accettato le giustificazioni di Finn e ha superato il fatto che il suo fidanzato venisse pagato dal padre, il senatore Wellington, per farle da balia durante la sua esperienza al College, lontana da casa.
Christina
Jul 29, 2016 Christina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2013
*ARC received in exchange for an honest review*

Picking up right were Out of Line left off, Out of Time follows Finn & Carrie’s journey to find their place as a couple in a world where her over-protective father pulls all of the strings. The major twist this time is that the Marines have come calling, and Finn is facing a possible deployment.

Finn is given the deal of a lifetime; in exchange for a couple of months on special assignment, he will be given major career opportunities that could no
Giulia
3,75 stelline. 4 mi sembravano un pò troppe specialmente perché fino al 30/40% avevo l'orticaria e non sapevo come fare a continuare. Da metà si è ripreso ed è stato piacevole..ora sono curiosa di sapere come va a finire col seguito..
Natalee Grimaldi
Oh dear lawwwwd!!! Someone get me a cardiac surgeon because I’m pretty sure my heart gave out on me—in fact, I don’t even know how I’m managing to write this review right now.

Jen McLaughlin has done it again. Only this time…she managed to tear my heart out, shred it to pieces, then she shoved it back in only to do it all over again with that gosh darn ending. Yes, my lovelies, there is a cliffhanger—THE MOTHER OF ALL CLIFFHANGERS!!!!!! *takes a deep breath* Good thing Jen busts out books faster
Risa
Mar 11, 2014 Risa rated it really liked it
So I went straight from book one Out of Lineinto this sequel (novella?) and about half way through I put it down for a few days. came back and powered through. Me personally I LOVE this story and how it is unfolding. It is a little cheesy at times, but I think that's to be expected and to honest a little refreshing. This isn't a dark story riddled with an ugly past. It's more two people from different backgrounds coming together, and falling in love. Desperate needy love.

This story is about priv
  • April Fools (April, #2)
  • Girl on Tour (Kylie Ryans, #2)
  • His Southern Temptation (The Boys are Back in Town, #2)
  • Rebellion (A Dangerous Man #2)
  • Unbearable Guilt (Breathe Again, #2)
  • Fraternizing (Fraternizing, #1)
  • Every Kiss (Every Life, #2)
  • Sweet Nothing
  • Unbearable (Undescribable, #2)
  • Wilde for Her (Wilde Security, #2)
  • Falling (Fading, #3)
  • A Blue Tale
  • Knowing You (Jade, #2)
  • Learning to Live (Learning, #1)
  • Too Consumed (Consumed, #2)
  • Every Second with You (No Regrets, #2)
  • Beautiful Failure (Beautiful, #1)
  • Skipping Stones
6921962
Jen McLaughlin is the New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author of sexy books with Penguin Random House. Under her pen name, Diane Alberts, she is also a USA TODAY bestselling author of Contemporary Romance with Entangled Publishing. Her first release as Jen McLaughlin, Out of Line, hit the New York Times, USA TODAY and Wall Street Journal lists. She was mentioned in Forbes alongside E. L. ...more
More about Jen McLaughlin...

Out of Line (5 books)
  • Out of Line (Out of Line, #1)
  • Out of Mind (Out of Line, #3)
  • Fractured Lines (Out of Line, #4)
  • Blurred Lines (Out of Line, #5)