Start by marking “The Grimm Chronicles Vol. 3 (The Grimm Chronicles #7-9)” as Want to Read:
The Grimm Chronicles Vol. 3 (The Grimm Chronicles #7-9)

The Grimm Chronicles Vol. 3 (The Grimm Chronicles #7-9)

200 years ago, the Brothers Grimm unleashed their stories upon the world. Literally. Now the characters of the Grimms’ stories walk among us. With every day that passes, they grow more evil. They are the Corrupted, and only a hero can stop them.

For 18-year-old Alice Goodenough, that means taking precious time off from her summer vacation. In addition to volunteering at the
Published August 29th 2013 by Brew City Press

To ask other readers questions about The Grimm Chronicles Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Grimm Chronicles Vol. 3

Mymcbooks
Jan 14, 2014 Mymcbooks rated it it was amazing
My Review

Book 7: The Giant Slayer Europe: birthplace of Grimms' Fairy Tales. Meet Alice Goodenough, 18 years old who is a hero ready to take on any form of dangers, new monsters and new surprises. Alice and her fencing team set off to Europe for a fencing tournament in Romania paid by Mr. Sam Grayle. Mr. Grayle decided to fully fund their trip with one important thing in mind, to use Alice to find a hidden treasure.

Book 8: Darkness Rising 200 years ago, the Brothers Grimm brought their stories
Carrie
Alice’s adventures as the Hero continue in Volume three as she and her fencing team travel to Europe to compete in a tournament, courtesy of Sam Grayle, the Corrupted dwarf who is seemingly invincible. The team must battle their own fears as they see their competition in the tournament while Alice, Seth and Chad need to deal with the Corrupted they encounter.

Alice’s fears for her friends safety leads her to stay isolated in her battles, disappearing on her own to investigate Corrupted related oc
Kristi Bernard
Feb 22, 2014 Kristi Bernard rated it it was amazing
If you love rooting for an exciting hero who continues to face great challenges then you will continue to love reading about Alice. The Grimm Chronicles volume three introduces more characters who push Alice to more extremes than ever.

This round, Alice and her fencing team travel to Europe to compete in a tournament. But, just because they have traveled abroad doesn't mean they won't encounter the Corrupted. In this latest feat of heroism Alice finds that her body is becoming weakened with all o
Feb 01, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it
I was so excited when Alice received the chance to travel abroad with the fencing team. Then, the realization came that she was walking directly in to old world Brothers Grimm territory, and I knew that she was in for something a lot tougher then she had ever faced before. There was no way she was getting out of this easily.
I really love the relationships between Alice and Chase. She honestly cares about him so much from the get go! She simply wants to protect him. I am glad they finally both ad
Beccie
Nov 22, 2013 Beccie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
I was given the opportunity to read and review “The Grimm Chronicles Volume 3”. I’ve also reviewed volumes 1-2. I LOVE this series. It wasn’t until I discovered this series that I became interested in the Grimm fairy tales. If you’re a fan of the TV show ‘Grimm’, you need to read this series. If you enjoy stories with kick-butt female characters, you need to read this series. If you like fairy tale retellings, you need to read this series. Basically you need to read this series….just because ...more
Verity Brown
Oct 10, 2014 Verity Brown rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of OUAT

This volume follows our hero, Alice, and her friends to Europe for a fencing tournament. And in case that sounds a little unlikely, the whole thing was arranged by Sam Grayle, the big-money dwarf Corrupted whom Alice has had to play nice with since the end of volume 1. While the east-central-European setting doesn't always work as well as it should (too many people speak English, and it isn't nearly as cold as it should be in January), Alice meets some entertaining people along the way, and her
Lisa
Nov 20, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simply fantastic. I'm quite enjoying this series, though at the end of each set of books, I forget that there's the index of fairy tales, so when my kindle says I'm @ 91%, I expect more story, but it's over :( I like the way Bronsky and Fontaine intersperse old Hero diary entries and also chapters from Briar's perspective throughout. Also, as with the other books, it's rather helpful to have read the appropriate fairy tale before the chapter, so their references are great. Can't wait for volume ...more
Ayanami Faerudo
Oct 07, 2014 Ayanami Faerudo rated it liked it
I couldn't recall what happened at the end of the second volume. My Goodreads two-sentence review said that I quite admired the anti-bullying stance of the second volume.

What else? Oh yeah... Girl power! Alice goes out every night battling baddies while the guy stays home worrying.

The third volume continues Alice's story as she battles against the Corrupted, characters from Grimms' Fairy Tales that went evil. Everything is drawing to a close now and this volume sets up the final battle in the f
Jennifer Erwin
Feb 18, 2015 Jennifer Erwin rated it really liked it
Oh boy. Once again we are pulled into Alice's world of fighting the Corrupted and this time they are in Europe, as her school's fencing team travels for a competition. I loved how Alice struggled to stay focused on the competition as a normal everyday teen, yet still fulfill her role as the hero. That ending though...oh man. Not sure how I feel about that. Gotta grab volume 4 now.
Carissa
Dec 27, 2013 Carissa rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. By far the best yet. However, I was led to believe everything would wrap up nicely. Nope! It ended on a cliffhanger and there is a volume 4 that is supposed to be out soon. So the book was tainted by the fact that I have to wait an undetermined amount of time to read the ending. :/
Rachael Southward
Aug 16, 2014 Rachael Southward rated it it was amazing
Omg

Omg

this was an amazing book, I just love it ok......it has everything!!!!!! romance, action, mystery, fiction, fairytales, scary parts, and all that good stuff......I would definitely recommend this series to everyone :D I'm gonna start the next volume now....lol I hope everyone enjoys this series as much as I have so far
Sally K. Littleton
Mar 18, 2015 Sally K. Littleton rated it liked it
Fun read

I liked all the characters, but it was some times hard to follow. The Hero is smart, but I don't know anyone who knows that many fairytales. However, I did enjoy reading all three of the books so far.
Maggie
Jan 28, 2014 Maggie rated it really liked it
Ever since I was a little girl, I've always loved Fairy Tales and read the Grimm ones and Hans Christian Anderson. The dark twist on these stories has been lots of fun to read. Look forward to Book 4.
Briana
May 14, 2015 Briana marked it as dnf
DNF: The series is very good, but this volume doesn't really differentiate itself from volumes 1 and 2. I enjoyed the parts that I read, but haven't felt compelled to complete the book.
ButYouGotMySoul
Feb 28, 2014 ButYouGotMySoul rated it it was amazing
I don't even know what to think after reading this book. By far the best. I truly believe the authors have found their voices in this volume.
Harolynne
Mar 17, 2015 Harolynne rated it liked it
Fairy Tales Sometimes Come True

If you want a fun read and like fairy tales,this book might be for you. I had fun reading it.
Sonia Schuster
Sonia Schuster rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2014
Lynn
Lynn rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2014
Opalbat
Opalbat rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2014
Vykki
Apr 26, 2014 Vykki rated it really liked it
Shelves: bewitching
This was as good as the first one I thoroughly enjoy it.
Patricia Mcclancy
Patricia Mcclancy rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Alecia
Alecia rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2016
Eli Keimig
Eli Keimig rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Stephanie Parker
Stephanie Parker rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2016
Neil L Moffatt
Neil L Moffatt rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2014
Jayne Capps
Jayne Capps rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2015
Patti Behan
Patti Behan rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2014
Christie
Christie rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2014
Molly King
Molly King rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Jessica Kuznarsky
Jessica Kuznarsky rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Grimm Chronicles Vol. 1 (The Grimm Chronicles #1-3)
  • The Exemeus (The Exemeus, #1)
  • The Girl In The Red Hoodie (The Grimm Curse #2)
  • The Doubting Heart (Heart's Desire Book 2)
  • Secrets in Time
  • The Takers (The Oz Chronicles, #1)
  • The Tale of Mally Biddle
  • Cross the Ocean
  • Oxford Shadows (The Oxford Saga, #2)
  • The Temporary Detective (Isobel Spice #1)
  • The Statue of Ku (Moa, #2)
  • When It's Right
  • Cloak
  • Charming: A Cinderella Prequel (The Dark Woods, #1)
  • The Billionaire Princess (The Sherbrookes of Newport, #3)
  • Torn Together
  • Dark Halo (Angel Eyes, #3)
  • Prophecy (The Dragonfly Chronicles, #1)
Ken Brosky's first real adventure occurred when he was but 12 years old. Upon entering the family home one winter afternoon, he found himself surrounded by a cacophony of rubble. There had, over the course of the day, been a burglary. It seemed the intruders had been looking for something of vast importance.

Brosky took an inventory. The only thing missing, curiously, was his Game Boy.

It would be f
More about Ken Brosky...

The Grimm Chronicles (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Prince Charming Must Die (The Grimm Chronicles #1)
  • Happily Never After (The Grimm Chronicles #2)
  • Revenge of the Castle Cats (The Grimm Chronicles #3)
  • The Orphanage of Doom (The Grimm Chronicles #4)
  • Blood and Thunder (The Grimm Chronicles #5)
  • The Order of the Golden Dragon (The Grimm Chronicles #6)
  • The Giant Slayer (The Grimm Chronicles #7)
  • Darkness Rising (The Grimm Chronicles #8)
  • Malevolence (The Grimm Chronicles #9)
  • The Black Towers (The Grimm Chronicles #10)

“while I was pouring through a stack of newspaper clippings” 0 likes