Start by marking “Christmas at the Beach (Ten Beach Road #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Christmas at the Beach (Ten Beach Road #2.5)

Read Excerpt

Christmas at the Beach (Ten Beach Road #2.5)

A TEN BEACH ROAD NOVELLA

Wendy Wax entranced audiences with Ten Beach Road and Ocean Beach. Now, the ladies of Bella Flora are back in an all-new holiday novella.

When Madeline Singer, Avery Lawford, and Nicole Grant first gained ownership of Ten Beach Road, they didn’t realize that remodeling the house would not only bind their fates together but give them a second chance a
Published October 15th 2013 by Penguin Group (USA)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas at the Beach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas at the Beach

Tina
Dec 20, 2013 Tina rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-kindle-books
First of all I have to say that I have never read anything by Wendy Wax before. When I selected this book from NetGalley, I was actually looking for some reading material for the holidays and when I saw Christmas At The Beach, I thought that I would give it a try.

Having no background to the story, I really didn't have a very good idea of the storyline. I went to Goodreads and read the synopsis of the previous book in the series, Ten Beach Road, to get an idea of the background for this holiday n
Mary
Oct 04, 2016 Mary rated it liked it
This is most definitely the shortest Novella I have ever read. I was hoping for more than what I got here. There really was no story to speak of, although it did set up the next book. It was mostly just a recap of what readers of the Ten Beach Road books already know as seen through Kyra's eyes. A couple big "reveals" but nothing that I feel like couldn't have been added on to the next book. I liked it, but was just expecting more since I've really liked all the other books.
Darlene
Feb 24, 2014 Darlene rated it really liked it
Christmas at the Beach by Wendy Wax is a novella that sets up the next novel to come in her popular Ten Beach Road series. I have been hooked on this series from the beginning first reading Ten Beach Road and then Ocean Beach. I have become hopelessly entwined in the lives of all the women and it was fun to spend a little Christmas time with them!

All of the ladies: Madeline, Avery, Nicole, Deirdre, and Kyra and of course we can’t forget the sweet baby boy Dustin are spending Christmas at Bella F
Mary
Oct 17, 2013 Mary rated it really liked it
Christmas at the Beach sets up the next novel in Wendy Wax’s entertaining series which is expected in 2014. The cast of characters find out the location of their next reno project. Along with that we get brief updates of the women of Ten Beach Road and Ocean Beach. There are changes coming!
Wendy Wax packed a lot into her novella which made me excited to read the next book in the series: The House on Mermaid Point - there’s a preview included. I can’t wait to see what’s in store for Madeline, Ave
Mindy Tysinger
I started in on "The House on Mermaid Point" this morning and realized this novella came first. I hate being out of order so I tucked into this one first. I am not a big fan of novellas. They are just too short to develop anything and this was no exception. The ladies all return to Bella Flora one last time over Christmas to say goodbye after the house has been sold. This story is told by Kyra the youngest of the women as she celebrates her sons first Christmas in their memorable home. Lots of ...more
Claire
Nov 06, 2013 Claire rated it it was amazing
Whether you're already a fan of Wendy Wax's fabulous Ten Beach Road series, or looking for the perfect place to jump in, Christmas at the Beach is for you! I've missed these characters and it was so much fun to spend a little more time with them. Now I'm counting the days till I can dive into A House on Mermaid Point!
Kathleen Whittier
Dec 29, 2013 Kathleen Whittier rated it it was ok
This was not a very satisfying book, too much of a rewind and not much closure, but a very quick,read,
Ramona Lazar
Dec 30, 2015 Ramona Lazar rated it liked it
Now I want to read the books, as I entered a ready-made world. It was nice, though.
IrishFan
Nov 28, 2016 IrishFan rated it liked it
A quick little read to continue the series. It was interesting to see that Steve was actually cheating on Maddie and that Kyra discovers this.
Debbie
Oct 24, 2016 Debbie rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-challenge
Novella celebrating the season.
Alissa
Nov 24, 2016 Alissa rated it liked it
Short novella. Doesn't do much to move the characters along.
Viviane Crystal
Nov 18, 2013 Viviane Crystal rated it it was amazing
One year ago a group of family, friends and acquaintances joined together to renovate an old historical beach house, Bella Flora. Madeline Singer, Avery Lawford, and Nicole Grant agreed to a reality-style filming of their efforts, showing their marvelous talents and skills in full force as they took a broken down, almost ready to be demolished home into its full beauty and strengths as a model historical home worthy of its old but gorgeous Florida beach house status. That process wasn’t pretty ...more
Marlene
Sep 15, 2013 Marlene rated it really liked it

In this holiday novella, Wendy Wax gathers the cast and crew of the reality-TV show DO OVER back at the first house they did over (and the place where they all began their lives over) so that they (and the author) can bridge the story from their shaky start after this disparate group of women bonded over losing their collective finances in a Bernie Madoff-type Ponzi scheme and found themselves left with one asset, the white elephant mansion of Bella Flora.

This last Christmas at Bella Flora is t
Judy Collins
Dec 05, 2013 Judy Collins rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed catching up with all the fun characters (Avery, Nichole, Madeline, and Kyra) from Ten Beach Road and Ocean Beach (which I loved)! I am so glad Wendy decided to gather the girls (and guys) together for a celebratory send off before the sale of the mansion. I always enjoy Florida settings since I reside in South Florida and have lived in other areas of Florida and travel frequently.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn the e-book also includes a preview the next Ten Beach Road seri
Arlena
By: Wendy Wax
Published By: InterMix
Age Recommended: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 4
Book Blog For: NOR
Review:

"Christmas At The Beach" by Wendy Wax was a good 'short holiday' novella that was the last Christmas at Bella Flora homestead. We find that this family will gather back at the first house they 'did over'...from the 'reality TV show' for their 'last goodbye.'

If you are in for a lots of family drama, "Christmas At The Beach" will take you there...with also a 'touch of suspense.' Be re
Nancy
Apr 10, 2016 Nancy rated it really liked it
Usually I am not a fan of novellas. I do not understand why this little snippet of information cannot be included either in the previous book or as an introduction to the next. Maybe it is because the author does not know where they are going with the next book or an editor had taken out parts that were important to the next book in the series, I will never know. What I do find surprising is that this novella did not bother me. I had an hour to waste and this filled it perfectly.

Told from Kyra’s
Laurel-Rain
Oct 31, 2013 Laurel-Rain rated it it was amazing
Like a final curtain call, the women whose lives revolved around the renovation of the old villa at Ten Beach Road have gathered once again for a final event: "Christmas at the Beach (Novella) (Ten Beach Road Novella)." The house has sold, and they have been granted one final celebration at Bella Flora.

Narrated in Kyra's voice, we watch from her perspective as the group assembles: Nicole, Maddie, Avery, and Deirdre. And, as always, the paparrazi are flocking them, spotlighting their final goodby
Tammye
Dec 10, 2013 Tammye rated it did not like it
If I could give this book a 1/4 of a star I would. The main character is an idiot. She couldn't understand why someone would be hostile toward her after their husband has a child with her. She had an affair with a married man, had his baby and feels that she is wronged by the wife.

Kyra, I think that is her name, is a snob. She became a celebrity because her baby daddy is a high profile actor. Wow, what a lovely way to rise to the top. This woman has nerve to refer to a photo of herself and her
Janet
Oct 13, 2013 Janet rated it really liked it
A novella that mixes family drama with suspense, great premise. This short read was the perfect introduction to the Ten Beach Road series. It introduces the characters well, the setting is beautifully detailed, and the mystery laid out perfectly. It leaves the reader wanting more...and luckily they can have more right away with Ten Beach Road and Ocean Beach. That's what I intend to do. Thanks for a great Holiday Book, Ms. Wax.
*I received my copy from NetGalley.com in exchange for an honest revi
Jean
Jun 18, 2016 Jean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Gang's All Here

(This review assumes you have read Ten Beach Road, know the characters and that Bella Flora is a house.)
This novella is narrated by Kyra, as the entire group, plus family and friends meet at Bella Flora for Christmas before heading out to their next "Do Over" project. There is news to be shared; where the next project will be, and who bought Bella Flora. There is news of a personal nature from . . . Ah but that would be a spoiler! You will have to read this little gem before m
Chris
Susan
Jan 02, 2016 Susan rated it it was ok
This was just a blurb really, summarizing the first two books of the Ten Beach Road series, revealing the mystery buyer of Bella Flora and sort of a marketing ploy to get you buy the next book because you want to see what happens. I really wish this was more of an actual book than a long re-run. If you haven't read the books in a while and are awaiting the 4th book, read this to refresh your memory.
Ballerina60
Aug 04, 2015 Ballerina60 rated it liked it
this is just recently in print vs e-book. wish i could have read it before that last entry in the series. it was pretty good. showed women as being strong and making good choices. i'm from st. pete, so i enjoyed references to the Howard Frankenstein, the Don Cesar, Passa-Grille beach etc! i like it when authors take us through several stories involving the same characters, but this series "kills" way too many people for me - just sayin'. a nice enjoyable read.
Kristina
Jun 21, 2014 Kristina rated it really liked it
I loved reading more about the characters and from Kyra's point of view, but it was way to short. When the story ended, it felt like something was missing. SPOILER: I kept hoping that the new owner of Bella Flora was actually buying it for Kyra and Dustin. Wonderfully written story. Looking forward to the next book, The House on Mermaid Point.
Kelly
Dec 30, 2013 Kelly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a novella between books. The best part of the book was the description of the drive from Tampa to St Pete Beach , which was the drive we were currently making. Heading from Atlanta to St Pete on Christmas Day to be with the family and reading about so many sights and places that I grew up around, made it the perfect read for the moment.
Joy
Nov 11, 2013 Joy rated it really liked it
Love the series and love this novella. A fantastic series packed full of drama, romance, and a little suspense. This one is a little sad but it leads right into her upcoming novel which I am looking forward to!

I received a copy of this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Amanda
Jan 18, 2015 Amanda rated it it was ok
I borrowed this ebook from my library. Not knowing it was a novella, or part of a series, I wasn't expecting such a short story that seemed to have little plot and a lot of back story that was briefly skimmed over. I wouldn't have read it without reading previous books first. As a stand-alone, it's quick and unsatisfying.
Vicki
Jul 31, 2016 Vicki rated it liked it
It was way to short . 63 pages for $2.99 not worth it at all. I mean found out a few things but 63 pages for $2.99 NOT !!! I was upset to say the least, have loved the other 2 books in this series. But, 63 pages really, then an excerpt from Ten Beach Road, which you should have already read. I think it was a rip off .
Dianne
I was missing the characters so while I wait for the next book " A House on Mermaid Point" this one will have to do. It was pretty good and brought up a couple of things that I hope get answered in the next book. The e-book version I had, had the first couple of chapters for the next book and it looks pretty good.
Pat
Dec 18, 2013 Pat rated it did not like it
Felt this very short story spent most of the time retelling the back story. There was very little forward movement for any of the characters and it had none of the joy the women's friendships had shown in the first two novels! It also didn't fulfill my holiday book need of warm and fuzzy!! Looking forward to the new novel this summer!
  • Sleigh Belles
  • Summer in a Small Town: Welcome to Icicle Falls/Treasure Beach (Life in Icicle Falls, #0.5)
  • Some Kind of Wonderful: A Holiday Novella (Cupcake Lovers #3.5)
  • The Cardwell Ranch Collection: Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch \ Justice at Cardwell Ranch \ Cardwell Ranch Trespasser
  • Kelsey's Song
  • Christmas Wedding at the Gingerbread Café (Gingerbread Café, #3)
  • Killer Fudge (A Callahan Garrity Short Story)
  • A Holiday to Remember
  • Can't Stop Loving You (Forever Friends #1)
  • Through His Eyes (Mind's Eye, #1)
  • The Tea Shop on Lavender Lane (Life in Icicle Falls, #5)
  • The Christmas Bouquet (Chesapeake Shores, #11)
  • Somebody Like You (Maverick Junction, #1)
  • Tea and Primroses (Legley Bay, #2)
  • The Burning Girl (The Whispers, #2)
  • All I Have to Give: A Christmas Love Story
  • Second Chance at Forever (Holiday, Vermont, # 1)
  • Surrender
I write novels that explore friendship, self-discovery and the challenges life brings us, leavened with a touch of humor. I'm proud of all my books and perhaps best known for my "Ten Beach Road" titles including the USA Today bestsellers, Ten Beach Road and The House on Mermaid Point, and for While We Were Watching Downton Abbey.

I was born in St.Petersburg, Florida and grew up on St. Pete Beach wi
More about Wendy Wax...

Ten Beach Road (6 books)
  • Ten Beach Road (Ten Beach Road, #1)
  • Ocean Beach (Ten Beach Road, #2)
  • The House on Mermaid Point (Ten Beach Road, #3)
  • Sunshine Beach (Ten Beach Road, #4)
  • One Good Thing (Ten Beach Road, #5)